Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: earlyrm ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 06:23PM

For those who haven't shared in the previous thread, let's keep this going! http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,920178

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 06:25PM

infp (I've also notice IN is very common, especially since overall we are a small percentage of the population - however, I've seen all personality types represented on here in the past when we've had similar threads.)

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 06:27PM

INTJ. I've never seen so many of us in one place!!

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 08:08PM

Another INTJ here as well!

Posted by: smoteheadofshiz ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 07:47PM

Infj here. Man, there certainly are a lot of introverted idealists/rationals on the board.

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 08:10PM

I took this type of test 3 different times, & came up with 3 different results. & yes, I did answer truthfully. I guess they were all different because of how I was feeling on those different days.

Posted by: moonbeam ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 08:43PM

Me too!

Posted by: tmac ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 08:29PM

INTP

Posted by: mrsostrike ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 08:45PM

ENFP And I am both an Actress and Teacher. Cool! I am also a convert..so maybe thats why I kept my Extrovert personality.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 09:37PM

INs seem to seek each other out, possibly one, of the many reasons, for the success of this forum.

Nothing against them, but it's sometimes just too much having to live in a country filled with ESs. Maybe we INs should all move to Japan.

Posted by: csuprovostudent ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 09:42PM

INTJ here. There a lot of "I's" here. Guess that's why I like this place.

Posted by: kstewart71967196 ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 09:59PM

ENFP here. I like this place because INFJ and INTJ's are supposed to be the perfect companions for ENFP's. My husband is an INFJ (great people and also a very small percentage of the population). BTW my exmo brother is also and ENFP

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 10:04PM

ENFJ.

I'm a fence straddler though...a hair away from I. Hmm, that must mean I wasn't valiant in the pre-existence.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 10:14PM

I don't really believe in the Myers-Briggs personality thing. It's not scientifically rigorous, but I think it can be fun to compare with your friends. :) I wonder if anyone has made a Facebook quiz for it.

Anyway, I'm an INTP -- extremely introverted to the highest degree. Sometimes when I take the test it comes back INTJ though. I must be on the border between INTP and INTJ. Either that, or it's not a very scientific test, as I mentioned.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: June 11, 2013 09:38AM

You are an INTX, like I am an IXTJ. I am very balanced in information gathering, between Sensing and iNtuition. You are very balanced in what you DO with the information, Judging or Perceiving as necessary.
Unscientific? Maybe you haven't actually read much about what your results mean?

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: June 11, 2013 10:54AM

How would reading more about what your results mean make it any more scientific?
All the test does is reflect back at you exactly what you tell it. You tell it that you enjoy spending time by yourself, and it tells you that you're an introvert. It's entirely subjective. Nothing can be objectively measured, therefore it is not scientific.

Date: June 11, 2013 11:00AM

That's exactly my point! What "scientific" information could be gained from this test???
It is meant to help people understand and relate to each other, and I'd absolutely love to see scientific data on such subjective stuff.

Date: June 11, 2013 11:05AM

I don't think that is remotely possible without having huge developments in psychological testing.

Date: June 11, 2013 11:19AM

Yes. Advances which I'd love to see, genuinely! I'll content myself with these unscientific tools that sum personality traits for easy parsing by laymen, in the meantime.

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 10:18PM

ENTP

Which I see aligns me with Alexander the Great and Bugs Bunny. I'll conquer your country and eat all your carrots.

Posted by: I'mjustsayin ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 10:34PM

INTJ here. Interesting. When I was in school, and still nominally TBM, I used to talk semi-critically of the church with a classmate. He was also INTJ.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 10:40PM

I'm on the borderline of E/INTJ. It really just depends on the circumstances.

Posted by: kstewart71967196 ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 10:41PM

Here is a great website that breaks down the 12 types. I am fascinated by myers-briggs. As far as the accuracy of the test, unless you take the full test which is over 3 hundred questions and involves fill-in the blank questions in addition to the multiple choice, the results can vary, but if you get a different profile when you take it a second time you can read the profiles of each and usually pinpoint which one is you. A personality is too complicated to be fully defined by the test, but myers-briggs is pretty stinking close.

https://www.personalitypage.com/

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 10:56PM

I don't remember the exact letter rating out come for me, but I can tell you exactly how it tracked out.

A definite preference for facts / proof/ evidence over suppositions/ feelings. After determining /having the facts. relying on the facts and not much tolerance for feelings that might be to the contrary. Not much reserve in stating a preference for the facts.

In short, not the kind of personality that LDS inc prefers to lord over in order maintain their fantasy based control. Oh sure they got away with it for a long time, for far too long with me, by maintaining a very tight thought bubble around me and with thorough brow beatings with in that thought bubble.

When the MORmON thought control bubble finally burst, I was really pissed off.... oh we are talking about feelings now...... ;)

Posted by: nofear ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 11:05PM

intp

Date: June 10, 2013 11:56PM

Okay, at this point, the stats are as follows:
INTJ-12
INTP-11
INFJ-3
INFP-3
ENFP-3
ISTJ-1
ISFJ-1
ENFJ-1
ENTP-1

No ESxx, ENTJ, or ISxP have contributed as of yet. Those types make up about 62% of the world.

INTx are still the overwhelming majority of our ex-mos on the forum (64% of us), when only 4% of the world are supposedly INTx! That's an incredible 16 times greater concentration! I see two factors that could increase the number of INTx: affinity to interactions on the internet, and whether the church can be intellectually proven false.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 11, 2013 12:13AM

This is weird. There seems to have been some kind of glitch when I took the test.

Posted by: celeste ( )
Date: June 11, 2013 12:51AM

INFP. To the max!

Posted by: passing through ( )
Date: June 11, 2013 08:48AM

INFP. interesting that there are so many introverts.
Husband is INTJ.

Posted by: schlock ( )
Date: June 11, 2013 09:50AM

I've taken the myers-briggs I can't say how many times at my various different places of employment over the years. (You know, those 2 day kumbaya seminars that teach all the worker bees how to make nice with each other.)

Anyway, I tag as an ENTJ or an INTJ, depending on my mood for the particular day of the test. So I guess what that's telling me is some days I like to be around people, and other days I just like to be alone with the dog.

Sounds about right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 09:52AM by schlock.

Posted by: liedtomywholelife ( )
Date: June 11, 2013 11:08AM

ESTJ

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 11, 2013 11:12AM

It's like the silly questionaires in Family Circle Magazine or the magazine section of a local Sunday paper.

Any one us knows what we're like by sitting down and thinking about our feelings and what makes us happy and comfortable.

Date: June 11, 2013 11:28AM

But I think this is a great tool to help understand others. I am so dense socially that I'm sure I would test as an autistic if I were a child in today's system.
So for someone to share their MBTI letters gives me an immediate idea how like or not-like me they deal with gathering information about their world and how they deal with it.

It has given me a certain amount of peace to know that my mother is probably an INFP, and extreme on the F. She won't understand the facts I have gathered because it gives her a bad feeling to even hear the facts.
Now I know realistically that is a common reaction among mormons, but I think, "She's related to me, surely she can understand where I'm coming from, we share all this background!"
But no, she is very entrenched in her way of being, just as I am. And she will never have enough facts to persuade me back to church, but she's over there wondering why I don't have the same feelings she does, and why my feelings don't persuade me of her truth.

Where before I didn't want to see her as one of the mormons who think like this, I can accept that she processes like this, and it's not a mormon thing at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 11:29AM by WinksWinks.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.