Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notanymore ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 06:50PM

I recently posted about how the bishop wants our resignation letters signed. Today I received a mailed copy of one Holland's talks. I can't even look at it; I feel nauseated & incredible irritation. Seriously...what part of do not contact does he not get. I am so tired of dealing with ignorant, judgmental Mormons.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,858662,858662#msg-858662

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2013 07:13PM by notanymore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 06:53PM

It's really sad that they make us have to be rude. You just have to say, "Look, I'm not going to say this again. What part of "do not contact" do you not understand? Don't send me stuff anymore. Just get it done and put in the papers."

Or better yet, call Salt Lake and tell them to get the Bishop's butt moving on those papers.

Posted by: LarryBo ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 07:11PM

"It's really sad that they make us have to be rude."

While true, I think it's even sadder that they (the culture and institution of the church) make it normal for members to be so rude.

I know for a fact that lots of Mormons have it in them to be perfectly nice, decent people, and yet the church has them behaving like the worst kind of used car salesmen / telemarketers who won't take no for an answer.

Posted by: Cynthia ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 07:03PM

Send it back with a note "Useless drivel, Holland is a liar, send my resignation and leave me alone."

Date: April 12, 2013 07:14PM

If I didn't personally know him & his family I would. I would actually love to do something like that.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 07:54PM

If only you could go to his front door, politely hand him back the letter, and tell him you've asked not to be contacted.

Tell him how sorry you are that he doesn't understand English. Ask his forgiveness in advance for following his Christ-like example, pull out one of those little compressed air cans with a horn on it used at basketball games - and push the DAMN trigger. Just make sure you've inserted ear plugs in YOUR EARS before ringing the doorbell.

I know, you and I would never do it. But, it would be fun to witness someone else do it!

Date: April 12, 2013 08:00PM

LOL! Yeah that would make a great youtube video.

Posted by: Cynthia ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 10:43PM

Personal fiendship does make a difference. Maybe you could just return the letter and ask that it not happen again and then ask if you can still be friends. I asked the ward missionaries when they came to visit me if we could still be freinds even though I was not coming back to church. They are sister missionaries and we have been friends for a long time. They were taken back that I would even ask and after a moment said "of course we would still be friends."

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 10:44PM

Oh oh holland talks. Well it's all over for you I guess you're going back to church now?

Date: April 12, 2013 10:49PM

That's exactly my thoughts. Too bad I didn't read that talk a year ago, but at least now he has brought me back. wow...that's hard to even joke about :)

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 10:50PM

You might need to take it up with Mormon High Command. They will light a fire under this bishop.

Member Records Division, LDS Church
50 E North Temple Rm 1372
SLC UT 84150-5310

801-240-2053 - Phone
801-240-1565 - Fax
1-800-453-3860 ext 22053 - Toll Free

Date: April 12, 2013 10:53PM

Thanks for the info. I will be calling if I hear from anyone again or I don't receive my letter soon.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.