Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: vastique ( )
Date: February 17, 2013 01:13AM

There no END to what that guy accomplished.

http://www.lds.org/manual/the-pearl-of-great-price-student-manual/the-book-of-moses?lang=eng

Thanks to the link from another thread (BoA discussion), I ran across this great "pearl"

"Jesus Christ created the heaven and the earth under the Father’s direction (see Moses 1:31–33; 2:1). Others were privileged to assist Him in the Creation, including Michael, or Adam. President Joseph Fielding Smith said: “It is true that Adam helped to form this earth. He labored with our Savior Jesus Christ. I have a strong view or conviction that there were others also who assisted them. Perhaps Noah and Enoch; and why not Joseph Smith, and those who were appointed to be rulers before the earth was formed?” (Doctrines of Salvation, 1:74–7"

As it's been mentioned before . . .there's no better "anti" site than LDS.org !!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 17, 2013 01:40AM

BoMoses. What a boat load of hooey.

The fastest way out of mormonism is to read the Pearl of Great Price. I would think that the church would be so embarrassed by it that they would phase it out.

It's the best anti mormon writing there is.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: February 17, 2013 03:38PM

So true. I certainly wouldn't be here today without the Pear of GREAT Price!

The Morg has never removed an entire book of "scripture" before, it will take time. I'm sure they're working on it, they almost never mention the BoA anymore, apart from that ONE little passage about the "pre-mortal life."

Date: February 17, 2013 03:42PM

Edit: Posted in wrong place.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2013 03:44PM by nickname.

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: February 17, 2013 03:15AM

And the Mos claim they don't worship Joe Smith.

Posted by: kori ( )
Date: February 17, 2013 11:07AM

Excuse me, leave us earth creators alone. My PB tells me that I sat at counsel with JC before this earth and I, Adam and other nobles one created this earth. So yeah.

Posted by: Yaqoob ( )
Date: February 17, 2013 03:33PM

I so want to believe you Kori that you were part of the master plan, but I take it from your screen name - Kori - that you are a WOMAN...? So yeah, that's definitely not true. They so would never let a female pre-earth spirit in the earth planning committees...no way, no how.

Posted by: kori ( )
Date: February 18, 2013 02:13PM

Korihor was taken, but all man here.

Posted by: Yaqoob ( )
Date: February 18, 2013 06:17PM

Oh alrighty then. I think I was there too, or my seminary teachers told all is kids we were super important and spayshul too...

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: February 17, 2013 11:59AM

Nothing weird or cultish about the way mormons treat Joseph Smith, no not at all

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: February 17, 2013 12:01PM

God complex.

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: February 17, 2013 12:36PM

When I was single I once had a conversation with a guy who mentioned that his patriarchial blessing said he helped create the earth. He looked at me like I should be impressed. (yeah, that's single lds pick-up lines I guess.)
It was completely random and out of place with the rest of the conversation.
I must have looked a little stunned as he blurted it out.
He back-pedalled a little and shyly said, "I probably shovelled a bit of dirt."

In hindsight I see it as incredibly ego inducing.
As a matter of fact, the testimony itself is composed of layer upon layer of ego stuff, which is in turn confused with righteousness to feed more of the ego.
It's ego dogma all the way down.
Many people want to genuinely be good people and they don't have the education or ability to see through the ego inducing dogma. Instead they stand up and bear a testimony which is even more ego, but they think it's pure.
I understand having been there myself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2013 12:39PM by joan.

Date: February 17, 2013 03:42PM

What about Slartibartfast?? He poured his sweat and tears into the fjords! Even won an award for it! And what credit does the Morg give him? NONE!! Hrmph!

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: February 17, 2013 03:45PM

LOL, it's funny because as a kid I really did think that God's creation method was similar to molding the earth from a clay block. So he looked at Scandinavia and said lets add a little texture to the coast line and with his putty knife added the fjords.

Posted by: inmoland ( )
Date: February 18, 2013 05:31PM

Well, we know Joe wasn't in on the creation because if he had been, there'd be waaay more women than men. No way he'd create a 50/50 system in which he'd have to go to all the trouble of making up missions to get other guys out town.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: February 18, 2013 05:58PM

I have a strong feeling he drove the taco truck from whom all the angel laborers bought lunch.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: February 18, 2013 06:04PM

Posted by: blindednomore ( )
Date: February 18, 2013 06:12PM

This just keeps getting better. I have never heard anyone that has a pb telling them they helped create the earth. As much as they deny it, the Mo church does worship JS. They have statues of him and he is all they ever talk about in their "testimony" bearing.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: February 18, 2013 06:12PM

"and those appointed to be rulers..."

You can really tell a lot about people and what they believe just by the words they use...

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 18, 2013 06:57PM

Joseph Smith created the teenage wife.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2013 07:41PM by donbagley.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.