Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 11:35PM

This is what I posted on Facebook in response to the attack I received earlier today and posted on this site as:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,565733,565733#msg-565733

---------------------------

Since when did posting links to news stories become so "offensive"?  You expect to post what you want in your wall without being attacked and criticized and yet are unable to extend the same courtesy to me. 

If there is something in the news story that you feel is inaccurate you are always welcome to post an opposing opinion but you and your friends don't do that. You come onto my page and attack my comments, my motives, and even my morals. 

Is it the fact that I am an EXmormon that bothers you so much?  Would you treat an investigator with the same lack of consideration?

Is your testimony so fragile that it can't stand to up to a little examination? I would think that gods "one true church" would be able to stand on its own without its members running to its defense every time an unflattering news story is published. 

I will post what I want on my wall and you're welcome to do the same on your wall. If you are offended that is your problem not mine. 

You are nothing more than an insecure bully. I will not be intimidated into keeping silent just to protect your feelings. 

That is all I have to say on this matter. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2012 12:17AM by Mnemonic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 12:14AM

That sounds well reasoned. My guess is they will react to being called a bully and focus on that small part rather than try respond to actual church criticism.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 12:18AM

Classic brainwashed behavior. The wicked take the truth to be hard.

Posted by: story100 ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 12:26AM

Great response, but it wont help.

Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 01:13AM

Good response.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 01:19AM

+1

A really excellent response. You are assertive without appearing angry. THAT totally confuses most Mormons because so many of them go from nicey-nice to passive-aggressive to out-of-control angry. Ya did good!

Posted by: Nancy Rigdon ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 08:55AM

I thought Bednar said it was a sin to be offended.

Lately, it seems anyone associated with TSCC is easily offended.

I guess he was just speaking as a man.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 09:22AM

Anytime a Mormon hears the truth they feel the sand crumbling beneath their feet and they panic.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 09:22AM

Now all they can claim is that you are bitter over your past.

::shrugs::

Posted by: dominikki ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 10:06AM

I still think you should have added in a little bit of what Raptor Jesus had to say. You gotta admit, that guy has a poetic way with words :-D

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 01:34PM

Her beliefs are completely biased. Wise people cannot respect biased opinions, so that is why the church is so heavily attacked. They choose to only look at one side of the story, and they choose to ignore their logic because their heart tells them what they want to hear. Do you know how many people trusted others with their hearts and have been hurt because of it when they should have listened to their logic? These TBMs get all butt-hurt when someone is "trashing" the church but they wont even listen to WHY they are saying it. They just think they are being a "meanie." Seriously, SHUT UP AND LISTEN for a minute when they explain their reasons, and SHUT UP AND LISTEN when they tell you that your church is not Christian. Put your defenses down for a minute and LISTEN.

Posted by: rosemary ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 01:56PM

A while back something similar went down in my Facebook community. I said something to the effect of how I am not in any way anti-Mormon. I am very anti-The Mormon Church and its policies. It isn't my job to forget the first twenty four years of my life simply because you don't want me to remember it; it isn't my job to protect your feelings. Especially for people who endlessly go around inserting their religion into EVERYTHING, you have to expect some raised eyebrows and a challenge every once in a while.

Lo and behold, this young woman responded that I was right. She agreed that a person would have to expect responses to constant proselytising, and that she had some further reading to do on certain topics.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 02:33PM

They cannot answer legitimate criticism of their church, so they attack the messenger.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/strawman.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.