Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Clark's ex-companion ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 02:36AM

Hey RFM admin: I have to post anonymously. (From a regular, known RFM poster.)

On May 8, 2015, RFM poster Carol submitted a post, “Mission President Pushes for Exact Obedience” (link). There’s a link to the weekly blog by Fresno Mission President, Jeffrey D. Clark. (RFM link: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1578771,1578771#msg-1578771) (Blog link to article: http://fresnomission.blogspot.com/2015/05/presidents-weekly-why-of-exact-obedience.html)

More recent posts on this guy:
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1579194
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1579243

As I stated anonymously in a prior post, I was President Jeffrey D. Clark’s missionary companion in the Spain Madrid Mission between 1976-1978. Elder Clark aspired to leadership positions back in his mission days as a 19-21 year old missionary in Spain. He pushed for numbers, professed total obedience to the rules, pushed companionships to work extra hours so he could impress the MP and pushed for baptisms. Now TSCC has promoted him to Mission President status. He’s become a very wealthy individual (good for him). I guarantee that he is in-love with himself and truly loves the attention and power position of a wealthy MP. I haven’t thought about him in 37+years until the post on RFM showed up and I recognized him in the blog photo and started doing a bit of research.

After doing some web searches and finding some videos of him speaking, I still think he’s a total asshat and a royal douchebag who thinks his life has been “the rags to riches” tale to tell. He’s probably too afraid to read anything negative about TSCC (i.e. the CES Letter or MormonThink). My time with him in the mission field was revealing. Even the MP in Spain (Sterling G. Nixon) knew he was different, even as a 19-21 year old kid.

To make this post I retrieved my personal mission journal from my filing cabinet. In all these many years (37+), I have never re-read the following passages until now. It’s truly amazing how your mind forgets details from your mission until you read your journal. So I hope you enjoy reading about my miserable time with Elder Jeff Clark.

After reading the blog article on obedience, I truly think that Clark believes he’s next to perfection and is a spiritual statue of elite, pious Mormonism. From what I’ve discovered, it appears that he has done well materialistically and financially. He has his portfolio, his business operations, his possessions, his expensive suits, his starched French cuffed shirts, his fancy shoes, suits and car, and his kids and wife. I’m sure he thinks he is more righteous than the person he’s talking to at any given moment. If he should receive the second anointing at any point in his life then the elitism of ghastly arrogance will ooze prolifically out his pores. I’d rather live in mile-high pile of dripping hot dung than spend another minute with him. I feel for the missionaries in Fresno.

Now, I would normally not have the guts to run someone down, but after reading the blog post about “The Why of Exact Obedience”, I felt RFM would enjoy reading some excerpts from my journal. I’ve changed the dates and left out names to maintain some privacy.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Here is what I wrote in my mission journal: SPAIN, Jeff Clark was the District Leader during these journal entries.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

MONDAY ― President Nixon [the Mission President] came today and held interviews, all in Spanish. Elder Clark’s attitude is that good DL’s (District Leaders) are made ZL’s (Zone Leaders), so he wants to work and show the president what he can do. It’s going to be tough working so hard. I just hate knocking doors and working extra hours just to impress the President. Numbers mean nothing to me.

TUESDAY ― We had zone conference today with President Nixon. Elder [XXX, my previous favorite companion] was there as the zone leader. I had a good talk with xxx about Elder Clark and the lack of desire to love him. . . I decided I needed a talk with the president, so we had a short interview. The Pres seemed understanding to what I said. I learned a lot about Elder Clark. He (Clark) is exactly what I thought. The Pres said it may be very tough to love him. Probably so. . . Clark tries to make everyone think he’s practically perfect and obedient to all the rules. I can’t wait to get transferred away from him.

FRIDAY ― Tonight I’m in the pits because of so many reasons. This transfer (with Clark) is so difficult and hard. He’s hard to figure out. Darn. I wish the Pres hadn’t made this comp change. My spirits are low this evening.

SATURDAY ― This has been one of the hardest days in [name of city], mainly because I’ve been in the pits most of the day. Literally, I’m about to crack. Clark tells me to persist and use the Lord for help. Hah. I laughed. I don’t have a testimony of it (being persistence) yet. Tonight, I feel very much alone.

SUNDAY ― I’ve been pretty low all day and haven’t said much to anyone. I still can’t seem to memorize the charlas (discussions). Clark has them all memorized and NEVER studies them. He reads other stuff instead. I guess he has a really good memory. Tonight, Elder Clark promised me in our companion inventory that if I would study my charlas every day, that in the short time we’re companions, that we would baptize. He has more faith than I do. I don’t understand how he can make such a promise.

SUNDAY ― I have been a bit unexcited in general today and haven’t felt the spirit in the meetings. Adjusting to Elder Clark is still hard. Clark is hard to love and show concern for. Clark just wants to baptize and show everyone how great he is. I don’t get why he’s so numbers oriented.

TUESDAY― I’ve been doing well studying my charlas – until an incident tonight. Just before Clark and I left to knock doors (which I hate to do) he said, “I’ll just have to memorize them.” Well duh, that’s what I’m trying to do. It’s hard drilling the charlas into my memory when it comes so easily and immediately for Clark. I didn’t talk much tonight, and he, noticing that something was wrong, had a talk with me. Well, it didn’t help too much. My desire to learn the charlas is dwindling. It’s tough with Clark. I want to YELL at him sometimes. He’s so impersonal. Why this transfer? Why?

WEDNESDAY ― Today is my xxx month anniversary on my mission. It has been a soul searching day. I’ve thought a lot about my purpose here and what I’m doing now. Answer – not much!

SUNDAY ― I don’t understand the Holy Ghost. I cannot feel it. I read a hand out given to me by the LTM branch president on the Holy Ghost: “To receive revelation we must be free of sin, we need to repent.” Why is the Lord so demanding? Tonight, Elder Clark said it is bugging him that we have no investigators or anyone progressing towards baptism. I told him numbers don’t mean a thing to me. I could see he didn’t like that comment.

WEDNESDAY ― Today was the opening social/fiesta for the Relief Society put on by the sister missionaries. We’ve been advertising it everywhere we go lately. It flopped! Only two members came, along with the missionaries and one 13 year-old girl investigator. All the preparation for nothing! We had spent the whole day in the piso getting things ready and we didn’t even use one prepared thing. What a wasteful day. Elder Clark is the District Leader and he promised us that the Lord would bring many to the fiesta if we had sufficient faith and prepared ahead of time and did our part. Well, it was a total bust. So much for his promise.

THURSDAY ― I got up and studied my charlas, left the house and blew up with my comp. He is just miserable to be around.

FRIDAY ― I felt rotten this morning. Clark is lost and frustrated with me. He said, “I’m his problem.” Wow. He said, “He doesn’t know what to do with me.” So he called the Pres for help and said I should just pack things up and head for Madrid. What? Throw me out? I think the Pres must know something. The Pres was right when he told me that it would probably be really hard to love him.

FRIDAY ― Elder A***r and I have worked together today while our comps went to [a city to the south]. It’s been very pleasant with A***r. Clark came back tonight. I’m sick of my comp. Now he refuses to speak English with me in the piso [apartment]. Not one word of English. He’s so beato and has to be the perfect, obedient missionary. No fun. So, it will be quiet around here. I can’t stand listening to him speak Spanish. I don’t like his accent or the way he makes those phony smiles. He thinks his memory is so superior to everyone else’s. Ucck! Two weeks until transfers. I hope I leave.

SATURDAY ― It has been a tough day. This morning I refused to have companion study with Elder Clark – his constant speaking Spanish only when we’re in our piso really bugs me. As a consequence I was very quiet towards him today. He ran off by himself to do a few errands since it was rainy and windy and he said it was alright to break the rules since we only had one umbrella. Tonight has been horrible at the doors. One lady said, “Mormons are ignorant and join the church because they’re deceived.” Wow, I can’t believe she was so strong headed about Catholicism! I didn’t talk much at the doors after that because I felt so deflated. We stopped in the hallway of a building and I related my feelings to my comp. For once my comp says he understands why it’s been hard for me to be around him. Really? We came home early. We just aren’t “with it” as comps.

MONDAY ― I’ve been pretty wasted all day and haven’t studied a whole lot. Sinful!

TUESDAY ― We didn’t work lots today. My comp played too much basketball yesterday. He is really sore, so we didn’t go out and knock doors.

WEDNESDAY ― I arose early to catch a train to [city to the south] for a zone/president’s conference. The Pres was in town. I didn’t feel the spirit at the conference and was the only one who did not stand to bear his testimony. I don’t like being forced to say something out of group pressure. Elder xxx (my previous comp) was there and leaned over to me and said, “Won’t you give your testimony of Joseph Smith for me.” I didn’t. I couldn’t. I’m not sure. I felt nothing when the Pres talked about Joseph Smith. It was difficult to be friendly and associate with others after the conference because of my unhappy disposition towards Elder Clark. He’s just nauseating and tries so hard to impress everyone. He knows how to brown nose. I’m just the opposite.

THURSDAY ― My life is wasted totally. At least it feels that way to me tonight. I want to scream bloody murder and jump out a four story window.

FRIDAY ― Another horrible, rotten day. I got upset with Elder Clark and refused to speak Spanish in the piso with him. I nearly poured hot olive oil on him from the fry pan I use to fry my potatoes to make my Spanish tortillas. We spent the morning talking in English and then went to a Catholic church and sat in on a mass. Elder Clark thinks maybe we can find someone there to teach. The zone leaders showed up and Elder Clark and I worked with Elder xxx (miss having someone nice to be around). I was extremely unhappy and refused to get in a little elevator with Clark and Elder xxx. We spent 45 minutes standing in a building stairwell talking – a really tough time. We ended up sitting through a mass in another Catholic church. I’m really lost and nearly dead spiritually.

SUNDAY ― I feel like leaving Spain and running back home.

MONDAY ― Went to [city to the south] with Elder S***h. I’ve been scared all day to return back to my piso and have to work with Elder Clark. And now the time is here. I don’t enjoy it one bit! Elder Clark really said some awful things to me tonight. He said everything I say is a big lie and I’m nothing but a liar. I can’t figure him out. It’s like he just changed overnight. He doesn’t know me – nor do I ever want him to. I will never care about him. He simply bugs me completely. Today while on the train coming back from [city to the south], Elder S***h said there will be changes and I’ll probably be transferred. Well, finally I’m looking forward to leaving here.

WEDNESDAY ― I guess I’m a bad missionary – no desire to work with my comp etc. Is the church true? Do I have a testimony? I’m looking forward to a transfer.

MONDAY ― Rather a dull P-day. Can’t wait until the transfers come. I’m leaving? Super!

WEDNESDAY ― We really had to rush this morning to get to [city to the south] by 12,00 (noon) for the baptism, which never transpired. The day has gone by so slow, but I’m finally on the train to Madrid. No more Elder Clark. No more Spanish only in the piso. No more miserable guy to be around. I hope I never see him again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ette ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 02:55AM

This post makes me furious. I went through similar experiences as a missionary in Sweden. Fuck the church.

My heart goes out to OP and all the poor missionaries under this asshole.

Posted by: jefecito ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 08:26AM

Well that brought back some bad memories...

Missions are especially designed to produce assholes like this, but I'm guessing the assholery usually wears off quite a bit once you're home. Apparently not the case with this Clark guy.

I'm sorry you went through that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2015 08:27AM by jefecito.

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 09:02AM

I am guessing that this a pretty typical profile of anyone who makes it to the top ranks of LDS leadership. A life long laser focus on the numbers and very little interest in the welfare of any human being. Zealot to the core.

Posted by: Todd Kris Lee ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 09:21AM

Memories. Yeah, I had one like this guy. I'm gonna google him, I suspect he has become a mission president too.

Guys like this are reliving their glory days and never seem to grow up. Bleh!

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 11:29AM

We had an elder like that in our mission who everyone detested. (I think the church makes sure to assign at least one to each mission, just to aggrevate the other missionaries.) His nickname was Superstraight. It rhymed with his last name.

My parents had moved while I was on my mission, and when I returned I discovered Superstraight's family was in our new stake. His younger sister was gorgeous and I tried dating her. My mistake was badmouthing her brother.

I wonder if he kept on being a pious @sshole.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 01:10PM

Hey R&KC....stick around, you may learn something.

It will break your shelf, and the best part is that it's all from official church sources!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 01:20PM

At least ghawd let us off the hook and we don't have to gut ourselves or slit our throats any more. So it's a lot cushier being an apostate now days. I doubt I could have handled it prior to the 1990 survey and revelation.

Posted by: geezerdogmom ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 01:36PM

Thank you for your loving post that betrays what kind of human you may be.

Please go away and don't post here anymore - your words are hurtful and I think hateful. Notice that I used the word please - my mother would be very proud of me but she is dead. Do you need to "ad hominem" attack that, too?

I also suggest you seek a psychiatric evaluation because you are very very angry and anger is a secondary emotion betraying an underlying condition = seriously and please, get some help. I do care and I see a human who is suffering. Please.

Posted by: geezerdogmom ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 01:40PM

My post above was directed at the RK&C person who was posting and by the time I hit the post button - his posts disappeared. I hope he is still on the site - I am serious about suggesting that he get some professional help. I am not superior or more knowledgeable but I do know enough to recognize a psychological condition that requires some intervention.

Please - get some help soon! Again, I do care.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 01:38PM

Love to the Mods! Guys like the R&PK make my blood boil. Glad I don't have to see his meanness anymore.

Posted by: brettm ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 01:56PM

R&KC, you should be ashamed of yourself for mocking the OP. It's obvious that the OP dealt with a lot of crap on his mission.

It's sad to think of the thousands upon thousands of young women and men that have lived through such experiences.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 02:06PM

I can't help but wonder if the *&* in the zealot's username indicates two people? And then my imagination goes crazy...

Anyway, where would the church be without personal testimonies? And their ability to trump facts and reason.

Date: August 12, 2015 02:44PM

From me, the OP:

It's interesting that some new RFM poster named R&KC resurrected an old RFM post to prop up Jeff Clark and to run me down the predictable Mormon holier than you-judgmental-rabbit hole.

I have no problem TELLING THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. I have no problem with my journal entries.

I went on a mission to Madrid Spain. I was NOT TOLD THE TRUTH about MORMONISM by the church itself and was given information to peddle to Spaniards that today is being reversed by "anonymous essays" and a STUPID ROCK that Joseph Smith used in his hat to literally “translate" the BoM. Good grief!

I showed Spaniards my flip chart picture that JS "translated" by sitting at a table and running his finger over the plates. TSCC LIED TO ME in providing a faith promoting image that IS NOT TRUE, and is contradicted by the essay on the translation of the BoM. TSCC LIED to me and I LIED to the people of Spain.

It would be nice if the poster R&KC would understand that and not come here to preach a Mormon sermon from the BoM that was pulled out of a hat. Those comments mean NOTHING TO ME now that I KNOW the TRUTH behind the translation process as testified by the witnesses and/or the revered scribes.

R&KC seems not to be bothered by the fact that Clark (in his Spain Mission) sought to look and be judged as a self-righteous missionary by wanting baptisms, tons of discussions taught, and extra-long hours “just to impress the MP, President Nixon.” He wanted good stats so he could rise in leadership. That to me is the definition of a self-aggrandized righteous pr**k. It is the exact opposite of trying to be Christ-like or humble.

I will bash the church, a person or any organization that seeks to elevate itself on the backs of others by fraudulent tactics, i.e. not telling the truth; excommunicating those for telling, speaking or printing the truth; and brainwashing its adherents that those that aren't honest (according to their convoluted definitions of honesty) are part of a vast Satanic adversarial conspiracy.

It's the LDS Church that cannot live by its own definition of righteousness: being 100% honest with your fellow man and apologizing when you are wrong.

Now if Jeff Clark wants to live a "Christ-centered life", then he will need to start being an honest man. And that starts with having enough integrity to want to know all the information that TSCC has tried to suppress for decades that proves it is a fraud.

Now I wrote the above while poster R&KC posted this little gem:

“If it wasn't true, it wouldn't bother you so much.”

Well here’s a lesson for you:

That’s the kind of Mormon thinking that is brainwashed into every one of us who have been in TSCC for a long time. My father’s posterity is over 100 people. He was BIC. He started a huge lineage of, what is today, a lot of adult tithe payers. He now regrets being lied to by the church and for the tens of thousands of dollars he gave to the church that was NOT HONEST WITH HIM. Most of his posterity is trapped in the grips of the LDS Church. And they shun like crazy if you aren’t a TBM to the core.

It bothers my dad. It bothers me. It bothers exmos all around the world to such an extent that we want to stand on the highest mountain peak and let our families see the great deception that brainwashed our thinking – from the institution that brought you “this is the only true church on earth.”

You know what R&KC? The prophet and Q15 don’t talk like that anymore do they? They just say “we have more of the truth.” They are softening their approach in a climate of instant news transmission (and for other reasons, i.e. to avoid fraud law suits).

What happened to the pompous, true, inspired rhetoric of those days from the 1970’s that was ingrained into your beloved Jeff Clark as he was going through Sunday School, Seminary and Priesthood lesson indoctrination?

When is the last time you heard the Prophet of the Mormon Church stand up and say I speak for God? I speak for the whole earth? I have all the keys? Only our church is the true church?

The LDS Q15 don’t say what Jeff Clark was taught and what I learned over and over as a kid: that the Catholic Church is the whore of all the earth. All of us raised in the 1970’s heard this line over and over again.

Back during our mission days we went to the temple. It taught through the interaction between Peter, Lucifer and a sectarian minister that all other religious leaders (not Mormon) are actual employees of Lucifer. Golly gee ------ the church has removed that instruction that was so vital for Jeff Clark’s exaltation during his endowment ceremony. Since that instruction was removed in 1990 I am wondering: Does Jeff teach this truth to his missionaries who have been to the temple but have not seen that pre-1990 indoctrination language?

Is Jeff Clark being honest with these young kids that this information used to be in the temple, and is no longer there? Is he morphing away from what he was taught because it isn’t politically correct, or in line with “current” Mormon language or correlation. Whatever, I’m sure Jeff isn’t being honest and claiming all other religions are deceived and Mormon’s have the only truth.

I’m sure Jeff Clark doesn’t want the Fresno missionaries to walk around and tell all those they come into contact with that Joe Smith said (and we Mormons all agree) that all other religions are corrupt and an abomination to God. Is Jeff forgetting what JS said in the first vision account that is recorded and canonized in Pearl of Great Price scripture?

Does Jeff Clark speak the lingo that he did in Spain about the whore of all the earth? Or has he changed and claims that the LDS church never taught such?

What bothers me is that the church IS NOT what it has claimed it is. I based a life on and made decisions because of what I was brainwashed into believing or thinking: that the church is the only true church on earth and all others are of the devil; and that every decision on earth will affect my judgment of worthiness to the Celestial (afterlife) Kingdom.

When I walked around Spain with Jeff Clark these thoughts rolled around in my head over and over. It’s all I could think about: that all these neat churches, buildings, cathedrals and people are all part of the great deceiver, the “whore of the earth” -- the Catholic Church, the church founded by the Devil – the rhetoric pounded into our heads as kids by the Mormon Church.

As I look back, it was such a waste of my mind to see “whore” and “Devil” in the people and history of Spain. What a waste to be so judgmental according to the superior self-righteous “correct principles of the LDS Gospel.” Give me a break.

I judged the people of Spain harshly because of how Jeff Clark and I were taught in the Mormon Church. That’s not living a Christ-centered life. It is, however, the kind of thinking that the LDS church loves because it forces you to stay in the church out of superiority that you’re somehow elect and righteous for being in the one true church, but all other religions are of the Devil. That’s brainwashing at its best – not Godlike.

And by the way, R&KC, my journal speaks the truth about Jeff Clark and lieth not!

What bothers this BIC ex-missionary so much is that I was lied to by the church of my upbringing that has been dishonest for many generations. Due to the internet and the fact that the Mormon Church cannot hide its true history anymore, TSCC has been rolling out anonymous essays and ensign articles to start putting the damnable truths it once chided and disciplined members for in their “courts of love”. Why tell some of the truth now? They hid it for years, right? They didn’t teach the truth in lesson manuals, did they? So again, why now?

TSCC can no longer hide. The institution is admiting the truths that Boyd K. Packer once called, “some truths destroy.” Destroy what? Answer: destroy the truth claims of correlated Mormon lingo.

It just makes me want to scream for having been lied to for 50+ years. And yes, the truth does set yourself free. It’s liberating and it makes you want to save everyone who too has been given dishonest information.

I’ll never stop speaking the truth. I’ll never stop being honest. And I want all my family to know what it feels like to have integrity and use your mind to see truth. Turning feelings into facts that are contrary to real historical accuracies is not a testimony – it is a delusion that Mormonism feeds off to get your time, devotion, family and tithes.

I’ll keep exposing the fraud of Mormonism because: “Facts don’t cease to exist because they’re ignored.”

BTW: I did deal with a lot of crap on my mission to Madrid, Spain. Elder Clark was by far the most uptight, rigid, want-to-be a righteous-looked-up-to leader I ever had as a companion. Even the MP knew what kind of cloth he was weaved out of.

There is hope. There is RFM. There is the CES Letter. There is MormonThink.com. There is Richard Packam’s website. There is utlm and their research. The truth is out there for all to read. You’ve just got to have enough personal integrity to be honest.

Now, I sort of wish I hadn’t opened my journal and re-lived the Clark horror. I was then naïve. I was brainwashed. I did my best as a missionary. But I absolutely detested then and now those brown-nosing Mormon want to be types. Now that’s Mormonism leadership in the making. That’s Christ-like?

Date: August 12, 2015 02:58PM

Looks like admin has deleted poster R&KC comments. Well, that poster quoted a bunch of stuff from the BoM that made me, the OP, out to be something of a bad guy as referenced by BoM stories. So I wrote the above post. Still, I stand by my comments.

Thank you RFM for having this site.

Posted by: blind obedience ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 03:32PM

My trainer was like this - they called him the "rule nazi"

Which is funny because I served in Russia...

Had many on my mission like this - 99% from Utah, some even "lied for the lord"

My MP was always adding rules and demanding 100% obedience too

I probably shouldn't have ever gone in the first place and "gave up" after a year or so. Just tried to actually serve and be nice for the rest of my internment - didn't care about converting.

The guilt still gets to me sometimes

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: August 13, 2015 02:12PM

My mantra in life is, "what comes around, goes around".

Frankly, if you're that incensed over what happened back then and what he's doing now, I would gladly email or contact his current roster of missionaries and link them to the CESLetter or something as well. These are young people who are blessed by Heavenly Father to have something you didn't have back in your day.......the Information Superhighway.

One of them was even offered some weed. Maybe she should've taken the offer:
http://sisterabigailreese.blogspot.com/2015/08/last-week-of-transfers-miracle-sunday.html
"Thursday we got offered weed :P We went to see Sister J and talked to some men who offered us weed. It was a little awkward. I felt really uncomfortable."

I can image the setting, you and him, face-to-face, you telling him, "Hi Elder Clark! Long time no see! So, whatchu been up to lately? Hastening the work with these kids?". Pass the popcorn!

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 06:58AM

I've known the guy only briefly as a current mission president in my state, as in I've met him a couple of times. He's an arrogant, pompous ass. He has about as much personal warmth as a dead fish, if that much.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 09:36AM

What an honest, human, eyes-wide-open young person you were. (And still are it appears).

Your journal entries sum up for me what I think every missionary must go through, but they are not allowed to express it in any way at all. If that is how you are feeling it comes from satan, shun it.

So glad you are out. (And that I read this after admin had tidied up so I didn't encounter the venom.)

Posted by: Pedro ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 01:31PM

Is this petty ad-hominem or very relevant to the topic?: Brother Exact Obedience should probably obey Utah tax laws and not have a state tax lien against him individually to the tune of $550K like he has since Feb of 2015 (as per case #156905065 of the Utah tax commission).

Smells like hypocrisy? I wonder out loud what predicated blessings (D&C 130) he has denied himself by not obeying the tax laws of the land?

Posted by: M.Breckenridge ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 01:51PM

Thank you for that. I wish I had been honest in my journal like you instead of pretending that everything was gloriously spiritual and purposeful. I wouldn't have had to burn it later.

I had a Senior companion that could have completed a matching set for your Elder Clark. The rules were everything until his mother sent him a package which was against the rules and we sat all day at the Aduana on hard wooden benches until he could sign get the package. Vitamin. G.D.vitamins. Like there were no vitamins in the country we were in.

Anyway, your excerpt from your journal is gold. Thank you.

Posted by: M.Breckenridge ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 01:54PM

Also, I'd bet that the solo errand with the one umbrella was an excuse to make a phone call and complain about you to the MP.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 01:54PM

Wow! What you described is pretty much every thing I feared a mission would be like and why I knew from my preteen years I could never be a missionary. A companion like Clark would have been the last straw. 48 hours in his presence would have put me on the next plane home after telling him to fuck off and die.

RB

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 02:17PM

The best part of leaving the morg is that you are finally free of uber-pious degrading individuals that the church not only tolerates, but ELEVATES them to lead, guide and direct. So many of us peons were continually set up to be abused. It was never about the MP telling the power-hungry elder to back off and change.

No! It was always telling the meek and reasonable to give the "my way or the highway" guy a break. Be patient and love those that won't listen or give a darn about you.

I still remember being attacked by my crazy ZL because I had a concealed deck of skip-bo cards in my front pocket. The ZL was partly insane and couldn't control his temper. I was told by the MP that I needed to forgive and forget the incident. So I asked the MP why he felt so inspired to "call" the crazy to lead the zone. The MP proceeded to tell me that his brother had been seriously injured in a motorcycle and that his pet dog had died. I then reminded him that I too loss my dog and my only living grandparent during the same week. And I was not a raging lunatic.

The MP told me that if only I had been faithful and obedient AND not been carrying Skip-bo playing cards then I never would have been attacked in the first place. Therefore, he told me it was all my fault for provoking the crazy ZL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2016 02:17PM by messygoop.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.