Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ANON4thispost ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:54AM

My nosy TBM neighbor had the AUDACITY to walk over to our yard and chastise my 14 year old daughter for wearing a skirt today that is 4 INCHES above the knee. It is a very classy, yet modest plaid print skirt that she bought at H&M. H&M!!! Not Hot Topic, not Victoria Secret, H&M!! She said that my daughter was a temptress out to distract her husband and teenage son and that she wasn't having it anymore. The nerve of that TBM!!!

Where are the boundaries?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Flyaway ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:00PM

She sounds like a busybody with a self-image problem.

Tell the neighbor (you, not your daughter,) if she speaks to your daughter again that way you'll be calling the police on her for a domestic disturbance. And then do it, if the broad makes so much as a whisper at your daughter again.

Your daughter should be able to dress however she wishes, and the neighbor needs to get a life. If your daughter or you wants to sunbathe in your backyard, is she saying you have no right to do that either?

Better yet, get a Rottweiler. He can square off with her. :D

Posted by: IMout ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:46PM

Perhaps a pit bull would be appropriate instead...you know

something equal to the challenge.LOL

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:06PM

IMout Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps a pit bull would be appropriate
> instead...you know
>
> something equal to the challenge.LOL

Make that a doggy bitch as opposed to a bitchy dog, lol.

Date: April 01, 2015 02:14PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 02:15PM by amyjo.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:52PM

Sorry, the cops don't make etiquette calls, obnoxious as the neighbor may be. Now, if somebody TOUCHES your daughter, that's assault and battery. Even if she isn't hurt. "Don't trespass my lass!"

There's also trespassing on your property. This varies from state to state, but various things typically define trespass: a posted "no trespassing or soliciting" sign; your telling a person not to come on your property; a person proceeding past a wall, fence, or closed gate. Ask a cop what it is in your jurisdiction.

But do consider the erudite words of that great philosophic sage of the West Coast, "Why can't we just all get along?" (Rodney King)

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:01PM

Holy Fuck!

That is way out of line!

4" above the knee is evil.

Oops, I mean the TBM was out of line. ;o)
Who cares if she bought the skirt from Victoria Secret, or Hot Topic, and her butt cheeks were barely covered. That is still out of line from your neighbour.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:12PM

Your daughter's skirt is none of her business and she needs to hear that message.

Posted by: Elder What's-her-face ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:02PM

Stay away from my daughter, you pervert!

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:06PM

I'd tell nosy neighbor off. In particular, I'd tell her never to talk to your daughter again. It's none of her business how your daughter dresses. If her husband and son are ogling your daughter, they shouldn't be allowed out.

Other Susan

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:07PM

This post seems very familiar. Is it a rerun?

Posted by: ness ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:16PM

I was going to ask the same thing....

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:25PM

It is April Fool's Day. If not, I might threaten the paranoid hag with a restraining order, if she ever speaks to any of your children again. I would ask if they had stoned anyone to death recently... and she may want to consider divorce if she's so convinced her husband is a pedophile.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:18PM

Explain to her that I'd she EVER tries something like that again with your daughter, that YOUR will tempt her husband. (Evil grin).

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:31PM

90% of men with normal sexual appetite will check her out, even for a second.
By no means I am saying the woman was right to approach your daughter to say this...

This is the planet we live in, I have two daughters....We throw them among predators hoping that they will survive.

It's called Evolution

Posted by: Not logged in (usually Duffy) ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:11PM

I would go to the mom and tell her that she was being very hurtful to the daughter to deliver her message in that way. But go on to say that you appreciate the neighbor's warning to your daughter that the neighbor's husband and son are sexual deviants who can't be trusted to control themselves around a young teenager who looks attractive to them. You might also ask her if her husband and son are registered sex offenders or if she just thinks they have a strong potential to become sex offenders.

The neighbor is a psycho.

Posted by: jcrichards ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:15PM

Well you know how us men are. As soon as we see something in a little skirt we must have sex with it. I mean, what are we supposed to do, not have sex with it?

If her husband is being tempted by a teenage girl, then maybe the neighbor should be more worried about her husband.

Posted by: LOL! ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:56PM

Monson was seen at a basketball game looking away from the cheerleaders at half-time. There certainly is something about cheerleader outfits with saddle shoes, and plaid, pleated skirts too! How come the females are always seen as sluts that tempt the Peter Priesthoods?

Posted by: tywebb ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:18PM

Ha Ha. Reminds me of our summertime routine with some TBM members up the street. Their youngest daughter is home schooled and socially stunted to say the least. DW likes to sunbathe and we don't have a fence around our backyard. Kids walk around a driveway to a church behind our home to play on their playground. Anyway, we were chillin' in the sun one Saturday afternoon and this little girl is walking by with her friend. I look over and she has her face shielded with her hand as if to not look our way and she says to her friend "Don't look to your left, she's wearing a bikini!"

Too funny. Poor little girl.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:32PM

Tell the neighbor that their frumpy attitude and manner of mormon dressing is ruining your husband's / wife's sex drive and that they shouldn't dress so frumpy so you can get laid again!!

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:40PM

>>She wasn't having it anymore.<<

Exactly how was she not having it anymore? What does she plan to do if your daughter chooses to wear that same skirt, a shorter one, or God forbid, a bikini, all of which are perfectly legal?

I agree with Duffy that you should question her as to whether or not her husband and son are registered sex offenders or whether she's simply noticed deviant tendencies in them.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:56PM

I think this is probably a Happy April Fool's Day retrospective, everyone...

The posts today need to be first considered as at least potential April Fool's day jokes!!!

Date: April 01, 2015 01:57PM

tevai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think this is probably a Happy April Fool's Day
> retrospective, everyone...
>
> The posts today need to be first considered as at
> least potential April Fool's day jokes!!!

Dear God, I hope so.

My neighbors have a 19-year-old daughter who regularly washes her car in the driveway in a skimpy swimsuit, more often than not a bikini at least when I've noticed. My wife always says, "She's out there again. You'd better hurry if you want to catch a glimpse of her!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 02:00PM by scmd.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:02PM

This is an exact repeat of a post from 9 months ago. So either April Fools or this anon poster's daughter pulls out this offending piece of clothing ever few months to cause the mormon neighbor's panties to get in a wad, lol:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1299615,1299615#msg-1299615

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:06PM

Haha. April fools.

Also …

… the church is true !!

(April fools … !)

Date: April 01, 2015 02:13PM

I have close LDS relatives and once was TBM myself, so I hate it anytime one of them comes out as more insane than usual. I'm really glad it's a hoax.

Date: April 01, 2015 02:15PM

So was the first time the "real deal?" Or was that a joke too??

Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us!

I wasn't here 9 months ago, so it was "new" to me.

My answer remains the same. Someone comes at my teenage daughter like that, look out for mama bear!

:)

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:16PM

Deja Vu. Did it happen again or is it really an April Fool?

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:23PM

The wording of the past post is exactly the same. The only difference was the thread subject and substituting "4" for "for" in the poster's name:

Posted by: ANONforthispost ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 12:06PM
TBM neighbor chastised my daughter for wearing skirt 4 inches above knee

My nosy TBM neighbor had the AUDACITY to walk over to our yard and chastise my 14 year old daughter for wearing a skirt today that is 4 INCHES above the knee. It is a very classy, yet modest plaid print skirt that she bought at H&M. H&M!!! Not Hot Topic, not Victoria Secret, H&M!! She said that my daughter was a temptress out to distract her husband and teenage son and that she wasn't having it anymore. The nerve of that TBM!!!

Today's post:

Posted by: ANON4thispost ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 08:54AM
The AUDACITY of my TBM Neighbor!!!!!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:32PM

Great. Now I'm going to be thinking of Japanese school girls all day long......

And here's a video for you! Don't worry, totally safe for work, and it makes you feel good!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=i+won't+let+you+down&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=554DD74AF0D20729BAE1554DD74AF0D20729BAE1

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:12PM

Tell nosy neighbor that in the future, if she has *any* problem with your daughter, she is to talk to you instead of talking to the daughter. Nosy neighbor crossed a line and it's time to take your mama bear claws out. I would also tell NN that you feel that your daughter's dress is appropriate, but if she feels differently she can take her complaint to the police (who would obviously treat her like she's lost her mind.)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.