Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ANONforthispost ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:06PM

My nosy TBM neighbor had the AUDACITY to walk over to our yard and chastise my 14 year old daughter for wearing a skirt today that is 4 INCHES above the knee. It is a very classy, yet modest plaid print skirt that she bought at H&M. H&M!!! Not Hot Topic, not Victoria Secret, H&M!! She said that my daughter was a temptress out to distract her husband and teenage son and that she wasn't having it anymore. The nerve of that TBM!!!

Where are the boundaries?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moose ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:09PM

Posted by: Lurker From Beyond ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:10PM

The boundaries are at your property line.

You local police should be able to explain that to her.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:11PM

I would have evangelized to her.

It would not have been pretty.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:12PM

I had a slew of neighbors rat out my then high school son to me. He was seen in the company of a non member girl and he kissed her!!!!!

"The skinny girl with really long hair?" (She wears a lot of tank tops!!!) "Yeah I know all about her, so you don't need to call." (She got accepted to Yale, none of your daughters got accepted to Yale.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2014 03:14PM by crom.

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:14PM

She has bigger problems than the length of your daughter's skirt if her husband and son can't control themselves around 14 year old girls.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:16PM

Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:48PM

Combine these two remarks and tell her exactly this the next time you see her -

At the mailbox, at the grocery store ... you get the idea.

Make sure your daughter hears you calling her out. Then, follow up with threatening to get a restraining order on her lecherous husband. She herself informed you he is apparently having sexual thoughts about your 14 year old.

Don't do what I would have done - slapping someone is assault.

Posted by: kestrafinn (not logged in) ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:39PM

I would go straight over there - with your daughter - and stand up for your daughter, and make a point about the highly disturbing and disgusting behavior of her husband and son by her own admission. Tell her that your daughter was wearing a very nice skirt and looked professional and modest (make SURE to use modest... to drive her crazy), and you fully support what your daughter was wearing.

Then tell her that if you EVER find her chastising your daughter or coming into your yard uninvited, a restraining order will be filed due to the sexual harassment allegations and further legal action will be taken as deemed appropriate.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:19PM

A good attorney might build a case based on sexual harassment and adult bullying of a child. Sue the bitch.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:26PM

Ignore her. o on about you business as usual. If she says something to your daughter again. Just say, O' I know, Isn't this the cutest skirt ever? I just love it. Got 2 of them.

Whatever she says, just turn it into a positive thing and smile talk all happy. this will piss her off more then anything.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:06PM

Bingo

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:29PM

You should invest in a couple of skimpy bikinis and start working on your tan.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:32PM

And what exactly did YOU do when this happened??? If the answer is...nothing, then YOU are part of the problem.

It's one thing for someone to cross a boundary with you, me, other rational adults. We in general know how to respond or walk away when we need to...

BUT.....

a child does not and NEEDS a parent to exercise those boundaries around YOUR kids and YOUR property..

In short, don't come to RfM and bitch about rude, clue-less, boundary-less mormons....DO SOMETHING about it.......

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:15PM

She can't come here and vent? How do you know she didn't do something or is planning on doing something? Talk about chastising someone. Geez.

Hugely wrong. yeah, I would have slapped them too. I think you would be ok if they enter your property, right? You have the right to defend it, just say "get off my property" once and then slap her.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 03:36PM

I see the boundaries mu h broader than a property line. That is abuse of the daughter by my estimation.

Neighbor, stranger, ward member--way out of line.

If this is about having submitted through continued membership. Perhaps the criticism of dress could be a misunderstanding. If former Mormon being approached by solicitous Mormon.

Big problem.

Another good reason to resign. Why the hell are you talking to my daughter. She's a Mormon, Mormons have a dress code!

No she's not a Mormon, we've resigned. Please leave us alone, we reject your dress code and your choice of belief system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2014 03:37PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:11PM

Uh, I hope you said something to them.

Posted by: candidexmormon ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:24PM

So I presume you told your neighbour, to go and fu-k herself.
Yes?

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:29PM

That neighbor sure revealed what's worrying her!

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:30PM

1. I would be tempted to get your daughter a short skirt.
2. However, Be happy you are the mother instead of this TBM next door. Her children are being brainwashed in moism. Think how she must treat her husband and son.
3. Keep encouraging your daughter to be herself.

Posted by: flo, the nevermo ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:31PM

So, are they moving or building a taller fence?

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:33PM

Go tell her to tell her husband and son to stop oogling and having improper thoughts about your daughter.

Tell her they need to learn how to control themselves or you'll have to think about taking legal action.....she's a minor, only 14 you know?

Tell her to stop promoting "rape" culture by suggesting its the womans fault for "distracting" a man with her clothing.

And tell her your daughter can wear what she wants....it's her hubby and son that seem to have the problem.

Oh, and tell her to get laid too!! Sounds like she needs it.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:41PM

I'll bet that was upsetting! I would have a chat with your neighbor and tell her that if she has any complaints about your daughter's dress or behavior in the future, she is to bring those complaints to you. Then tell her that the skirt length is fine by you, and moreover if your daughter wants to sun herself in a bikini *on your own property,* that is fine by you as well.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:53PM

This makes me so happy I live in southern California instead of Utard, I have never had to deal with crap like this but if I had,
I would have marched right over to her house and told this woman that if she ever addressed one of my children like that again I wouldn't hesitate to call the Police. What a sick freakin' society you live in where your neighbors feel free to make a twisted judgement on children that don't belong to them. Thats just so wrong.

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:55PM

That would be interesting.

Posted by: ymountain ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:56PM

Absolutely absurd and disgusting. Her husband must be a real piece of $hit if he is looking upon a 14-year-old CHILD as a temptress.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:57PM

Stories like this make me crazy. I would have said to her:

"Your behavior and your comments are completely inappropriate. This sort of thing is why no one respects Mormons, You need to pull yourself together, stay off my property, stop your aggressive behavior toward my minor child and worry about your own problems. If your husband and son are struggling with morality issues and spend time stalking and peeping at children, you need to worry about getting them help. I feel very sorry for you - it must be awful to feel like you are married to a pervert and have a son following his poor morals but it isn't my problem - it's one YOU need to address in YOUR family with competent psychiatric professionals."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2014 04:57PM by CA girl.

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 04:58PM

Warning language NSFW in this clip Several F bombs and some b words:

Only the first half is relevant to this post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtkI87FeqOY&feature=kp

Posted by: Lorenzo's Ho ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 05:00PM

Tell her your daughter is the innocent one. THE PROBLEM LIES WITH HER (THE NEIGHBOR) She's obviously the one with the "dirty" mind. She's the one with the problem. And I would tell her that and shame her.

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 05:05PM

Yep, I agree with the others. I would give her a piece of my mind and tell her that if she is concerned that her husband is a pedophile that perhaps she should keep him on a firm leash. And if her son is so easily tempted then she sucks as a mother. If someone had the audacity to say something like that to my daughter I would rip her a new one. And I would demand the horrible piece of trash woman apologize to my daughter. I have no patience for trash like that.

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: June 20, 2014 05:15PM

tell him to quit sexualizing your daughter like a freaking pervert

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.