Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 01:16AM

After reading Elder Berry's post about counselors that still think Joseph Smith is a great man, even with the tell tale signs of a sexual predator

>>http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1416729

It got me thinking about how ironic it is, that if someone were to see one of these Mormon counselors and they were claiming the same things as JS (14-yo marriages, polygamy, rock in hat, gold plates, angels, seeing Jesus, Moroni, AND God himself, liahona, etc.) the counselor would proclaim that person to be clinically insane. Yet they never seem to connect the dots.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 11:09AM

Furthermore, anyone now doing this right now, right where the Saints COB is, right under their noses, who says and does this sort of thing is also called insane. And a sinner.

They are accused of perverting LDS doctrine, of not living the principle as it was taught by JS, of not following the current prophet, accused of having nothing whatsoever to do with the LDS church, or Mormons, in any way, shape or form.

Even though some of those offshoots started with the original polygamous saints who were leaders of the LDS church, living right there in Utah; who were leftovers from polygamous families abandoned by the church in Canada or Mexico, when some of them ran back across the border into the US, possibly illegally.

I wonder what happened to all those families; the children and grandchildren and in laws and wives, when in about 1911, the church finally managed to stop polygamy within its own carefully closed, leadership ranks?

The ones who abandoned their original faith traditions as taught by JS, and family and church teachings, and came to the new LDS church scrubbed clean of polygamy? We mostly know where those descendants are. At the head of or high up in the ranks of the church. But, I'm talking about the descendants of those the church abandoned, midstream?

Well, they are the ones in the news when raids of family compounds are made. Whose boys run off or get beaten when there are too many of them. The ones who plurally marry girls as young as 12 and 13. And they are doing it because that is what JS taught them to do; and also because later LDS church leaders did and taught it, too.

Polygamy is a "dirty, filthy, nasty affair", indeed.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 12:34PM

Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yet
> they never seem to connect the dots.

They have to put Joseph Smith and probably the current chair of the "Like Old Testament Prophets" department at COB in the same mental place as Jesus Christ.

So you have counselors advising people to help them with their mental problems who themselves are deluded into believing some humans on this planet are above reproach in their mental abilities because they have some sort of Holy Ghost hotline.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 12:48PM

"Doctor, I'm afraid that I might be crazy--I want to take a 14 year-old and my neighbor's wife as extra wives because God told me to; in fact, I saw an angel with a sword, and he warned me that if I DIDN'T do what God told me to do, I'd be destroyed along with my wife if SHE doesn't agree to it."

"Oh, no, you're not crazy--you're a perfectly healthy Prophet of God!"

Date: October 30, 2014 01:04AM

+1!

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 06:35PM

You mean rape a foster child living in his home?
You'd be convicted of rape, serve time and be forever labelled a sex offender.

Print and sell illegal securities in Ohio and flee to Canada and then Illinois?
You'd be extradited back to Ohio and prosecuted for fraud.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 06:42PM

If Mormons then were living now, they wouldn't believe the stuff being taught today or even recognize 'their religion'; if Mormons today were to go back to the early days of the church, how many would recognize or follow it? Some things change, some things don't.

Date: October 29, 2014 11:09PM

That would be quite a trip. Seeing how the original Mormons would react to the new order of the church. Better yet, imagine if the Mormons nowadays got a chance to live in Joseph Smith's time!

Posted by: al-iced ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 01:42AM

It just drives me mad and makes me sick that my family can justify this behavior in their religion's founder.

They prayed about it and feel "peaceful". What about critical thinking skills? What about common sense???

Why can't I come from a family of liberal scientist?

I spend so much time feeling out of sync with the tribe I was born into. If you see a grimace on my face it is because I'm thinking about how gullible my family is.

Date: November 18, 2014 03:25PM

Seeing the gullibility and ridiculousness of it all really makes me sick to my stomach...not as an expression. It actually gives me a knot in my gut.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 05:06PM

What's the difference between Joe Smith and Brian David Mitchell?

170 years.

Date: December 24, 2014 05:20PM

Hahaha! +1

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 08:41AM

Mitchell only screwed one teen age girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri1KlXl5xz0

Posted by: ChubbyTheFat ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 09:42AM

I testify that we have a living Profit here on this earth. President Warren Jeffs is here to guide us in these latter days . . . You guys know the rest.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.