Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:26PM

I watched the video again, this time watching the audience. They all sit there like a bunch of grinning idiots. I'm surprised they weren't drooling! Are there any studies of how brainwashing lowers the IQ? I know some of you are going to think I am kidding. I AM NOT. Any adults who watched Bednar do that and didn't speak up (which they didn't) have an IQ in the single digits.
You scientific types - do you know of any research into brainwashing lowering the IQ? I would bet my house that the findings are that the IQ goes down considerably as the brainwashing continues.
Thought I better include the link again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku4n3-j2PwU

I think the grinning idiot, NO IQ (woman in yellow) next to the boy's seat is his mother. Shame on her!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 07:40PM by verilyverily.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:39PM

When I was a teenage kid, I took an IQ test to determine if I had a learning disability, and they gave me an okay score. I was a true believer at the time. Years later, after I left the cult, I had another test done (again professionally done) as part of an study to see if I had ADD. My score this time was nearly twenty points higher.

Now it could just be that I am now better at taking test, that I got lucky on a few questions, was more alert for the second test, less stressed, or a whole host of other possibilities. However, I am going with, my cognitive skills improved that much, from simply leaving Mormonism, and learning to think critically.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:40PM

Not IQ per se

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1125872,1126969#msg-1126969

But there is theory that it adversely impacts normal development.
Theory appears supported by anecdotal data at minimum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 07:42PM by zenjamin.

Date: January 15, 2014 07:42PM

forbiddencokedrinker - critical thinking is so important for humans. I'm sure that your score increase was due to leaving TSCC because IQ tests are not the kind of tests you get better at taking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 07:43PM by verilyverily.

Posted by: Shummie ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:45PM

The comments below the video are all 100% outrage, including admitted TBMs.

Here's one that gets right to the point:

>>>>>>>>>
That is fucken child abuse and why the hell did he have to push his crotch into the kids ass ??? 

Posted by: gentleben ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:54PM

Crap, I posted about this without noticing this thread. I felt Bednar did a poor job selling me on the Jesus side of things. For all I know, Satan had cake! Jesus just wants me on my knees.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 11:56PM

FredOi has hinted why Bednar might be "pushing his crotch . . ." -- i'll leave it at that.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 08:03PM

I'm not aware of any scientific studies, but I do know that brainwashing as it occurs in Mormonism certainly does not encourage members to use much of their brain power, and so they do start to loose it in terms of brain stimulation, plus I think they loose the drive and desire---the funk becomes comfortable.

Members are told not to think on their own, read beyond what they are told is okay to read, nor use the Internet beyond geneology and LDS.org. And I think a whole lot of them do just that.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 08:35PM

Original Post: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1137837

The video we are referencing is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku4n3-j2PwU It has been up on YouTube since Sept. 2012.

As of today, when I first saw it there were 4,982 views. Now, less than 3 hours later there are 5,713 views.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 09:58PM

Maybe it could go viral. I'm going to send it to some NoMo friends.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 09:21PM

but more like seriously impaired judgment--kind of like a bunch of addicts, too high and focused on staying that way to behave appropriately or even really know what's going on.

The more I think about it, the religion really does function like a hard drug or alcohol. The more you have, the dumber you get.

It always amazes me how a person can look at any of the top 15 and see anything but a pompous, insanely boring, lying sack. But oh, isn't he just so good and kind and funny and holy. It's just so super special and awesome to be in his presence! Ugh. Brains not working!

Incapacitated addicts that they are, they all just sit and watch a little kid get used and demeaned, and think it's wonderful.

It looks like the kid starts crying early on--maybe he's embarrassed, maybe feeling guilty for not reading his scriptures, maybe just overwhelmed to be in Bednar's ever-so-holy presence, who knows. If it had been me at that age, I'd have felt physically invaded and humiliated and probably been crying, too. He got manhandled, made an example of, and really just used as a prop.

Bednar didn't even answer the question of how to get back into the scripture reading, other than to be afraid of the purple carpet.

What's that stupid rug doing there, anyway, with nothing on it? It's too small and the wrong shape for the area. The presenter, walking around, focused on the audience and the words coming out of his mouth, could easily trip on the edges. It's there for that stupid demonstration, and Bednar was just waiting for a question that he could force-fit into it.

"I've got to think about how to do this," my ass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 09:28PM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: fredoi ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 09:29PM

(will start a new thread for this post too)

TL:DR- Understand how to get people out. Just sending them information doesn't work. Need to deprogram them first

I hope the kid gets a slice of the royalties for 5 years, and counselling for the rest of his life

Now. I'm sure there are people more eloquent and alert to this than me. But again, you have to understand setting the environment.

Have ye forgotten the Commitment Pattern (TM)?

Read "The Book of Mammon" It is rumoured they spend hundred million dollars a year on video programming. Why would they spend so much?

It is called Programming for a reason

It works on Alpha and Beta states, and my word, they know how it works.

So set the room. Recognise the same layout every time?

Multiple camera angles, pre-timed

Pre set cut aways. Cue the tears and tissues

Flunkies in the audience

Attractive people. Token non white

Set the environment, deliver the message. Vary tone and pitch, vary speed

You get it?

Its a ruse.

Now watch this. Just the first 30 seconds is all you need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQi4FtsdDew

Did you see it?

Ladies and Gentlemen. You ask for a miracle, and I give you, the F.B. Holland

Stop! Go back and watch it. Freeze it at 24 seconds.

Yes, now it is clear. Cue the video of Michael the Devil in the video. High Def picture. Camera pulls back while zooms in. Slow mo the background. Massive impact. You are aware that THAT is the money shot moment of the entire Endowment Experience?

This is who these people are. It is a job. A career, a deception.

"I give that speech all the time"

Its why we all have stories about this awful GA who came out and ripped into us at that Zone Conference. (its ironic that the people they pick out to illustrate their "you aren't working hard enough" tirade is usually the guy who does work the most and that all missionaries recognise as the most staunch- but thats another story as to why they end up choosing them)

I'm not even going to comment on the appropriateness of his behaviour with a child. Others can do that, and it speaks for itself.

Just understand HeartSell (TM) please

Please understand it, and how it infuences those we are trying to recover from this sick, twisted, evil institution

HeartSell (TM) is our friend. HeartSell (TM) is the way to make those friends who we send 27 page long emails of all the proof and logic in the world and why we left, (who can only reply with 2 or 3 pages of poor apologetics- and end it with "I know its not perfect, but I felt something and I can't deny it") HeartSell (TM) is what is holding them in.

HeartSell (TM) is what is suppressing the Cog Diss and stopping them from being objective, and reconsidering those things they are putting on their shelf

HeartSell is their confirmation bias, but they don't know it

Agree with them!

Yes! you did feel something.

Then tell them this is what they felt.

http://www.bonneville.com/?nid=32

Then Mourn with them, and then tell them that when they leave the church, they don't leave Christ, but they find him.

They find him free from the dogma, and philosophy of man, the b/s culture that has evolved since 1830.

Tell them they can still come to Christ, and he will recognise that they made a covenant with them, he will recognise their lifelong committment, their baptism, their priesthood (which operates on the principle of faith)

I apologise to those trying to get a friend to go stone cold athiest, have you thought that is one step too far for now?

Offer to go to different churches with them..just to see how other people are experiencing and coming to christ.

Tell them they aren't leaving anything behind, arent walkig away from the gospel.

They aren't walking out on their family, Aren't going into the unknown. Tell them Christ is there and will walk with them every step of the way

He employs no servant at the gate. He is ok if we come unto him on his terms, free from all the years of nonsense, philosophy, culture, behaviour, man.

Please understand, its NOT the CES letter. Its NOT the Book of Abraham, the Rock in a Hat, the multiple first visions. Yes, eventually it will be, but they have to be ready to consider that first.

Fear has to be removed first. If they are firm Christians, the main fear is walking away from Christ and covenants.

Do you want them to tell their spouse "dear, I read this on line and I am struggling with it" (cue: Dear Other hears "I don't believe and this is b/s I'm probably going to leave you because our dealing is a load of bollocks" or they can say "Dear, I love the gospel so much, i'm trying to find a way to worship christ in a more authentic, simplified way. I feel usure as to what is from Christ and what is cultural in the ways I experience him, what do you think"

Its dealing with behavioural factors, bias's, dissonance, fear, guilt

So what is that HeartSell (TM) page?

Well, its in their own words (LDS Own Boneville)....

Quote .....

" Our unique strength is the ability to touch the hearts and minds of our audiences, evoking first feeling, then thought and, finally, action. We call this uniquely powerful brand of creative "HeartSell"® - strategic emotional advertising that stimulates response.

Our people not only create effective messages; we get them out effectively. We maintain an ongoing public service relationship with more than 11,000 radio and TV stations and networks, and cable networks and systems in North America alone. We distribute public service and paid media campaigns directly from our offices in Salt Lake City.

We provide all pre-production, production, and post-production services, as well as state-of-the-art special effects and post-production facilities, closed captioning, electronic tagging, and video and audio duplication.

We are an advertising agency engaged in communications for quality life. Our people are driven by the belief that advertising can - and should - be a powerful, positive influence on the values and lives of people."/....... end

They are all props, all actors.

Its a ruse. They are all self serving

None of this sh*t brings us closer to Christ

Disclaimer:

I apologise to professional sociologist and psychs. I am neither, just my observations and I am well sure I am wrong in some of this stuff.

I welcome someone offering their more learned and wisdomed insights and cleaning these ramblings up and saving me writing any more 27 page emails back and forth banging heads against walls.

There has to be a more efficient way than "If the church weren't true would you want to know/ how would you know"

It appears they don't respond to that and it is not a generic kick in the stomach we want them to feel

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 09:47PM

BadTouch Bednar

Date: January 15, 2014 10:01PM

I'm going to use this video for any family member or TBM as to why the top 15 cannot be true prophets of God.

As a Mormon "Special Witness" of Jesus Christ, Bednar DID NOT do anything to teach that young boy of Jesus's love for him. Isn't that his apostolic role?

He couldn't even answer Bryson's question, "If you like, stop reading the scriptures - what is the best way - how is the best way tah [to] get back into reading them?"

Rather, Bendar focused on scare tactics and fear that the Devil will grab you and not let go.

Shouldn't a 'real' apostle leave out Satan and focus entirely on Jesus Christ?

Young Bryson was crying uncontrollably at the end - and it was certainly not because he felt Jesus's love.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 10:08PM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: FredOi ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 10:26PM

He will show you the Europe membership document
That's full of Christ as an anchor in peoples lives.

Oh no, hang on, that's the Hyde Park Stake President thing on helping kids.

And to think some of you say you lost respect for Tom for calling out these despicable people. Don't ever forget who these people are

Date: January 15, 2014 10:40PM

Sonoma, you're on track with that comment, but what about "A new game I give you?"

Any adult Priesthood holder is now authorized to give any Aaronic Priesthood boy an authentic apostolic hug from behind -- the Bednar Pickle Tickle.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 11:05PM

Looks like if you keep reading the scriptures you eventually come out the other side and end up in Satan's territory.

That is some seriously insane stuff. As a non-mo, I'd freak if someone was doing that crazy crap to my kid.

Posted by: A ANON ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 11:17PM

If someone copies this video (before it gets taken down), please blur-out the boy's face. It's bad enough that he was abused the first time.

Posted by: maria_anna ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 11:25PM

posted earlier:

At 2:31 in the movie, on the first row behind Bednar, you see a lady in a blue dress next to a young man in a dark suit and next to him a young woman wearing a pink sweater with flower skirt.

The lady in blue is Bednar's wife. The other two are Bednar's son and his daughter-in-law. I know, I used to be in their ward.

It looks like he has his family as audience members. Kind of weird using them as props.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 11:26PM

So disturbing on so many levels.

Date: January 15, 2014 11:46PM

fredoi - I am missing the specific thing I am supposed to see at 24 seconds and please tell me about this Michael the Devil cue. What is that??? Is it on this video?

Date: January 16, 2014 12:12AM

I give that speech all the time.
Turns on a dime

Date: January 16, 2014 12:47AM

OK GANG, I guess I am having a really bad day but please spell it out for me. What does "Turns on a Dime" mean? Are you talking about how they switched to another portion of the video suddenly? I still don't get the Michael the Devil thing either. Pretend you are explaining it to a TBM right now so I will know what to tell my cousin. I am missing something and I hate that. You are talking about the Holland video? Or the Bednar video?

Date: January 16, 2014 12:54AM

I showed the Bednar vid to my husband (a nevermo) without the sound and he was shocked. When I told him that it was an Apostle, he actually gagged and left the room. I was in tears and so we he.

Date: January 16, 2014 12:56AM

All I mean in Holland is crying. Doing the spirit tears thing.

Then , on a dime, figure of speech for instantaneously, he stops the crocodile tears (which some sucker in the audience was crying to- she being a HeartSell stoogie, hot, female, shown all the time) and actually jokes about it. "That's my stock speech, missionaries fall for it every time.

It's showing the insincerity of the fake, prefabricated, measured manipulative way the speak to us in these videos.

Am I the only one who can see this?

Posted by: Cowboy Jesus ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 12:08AM

I just watched the video. I can't believe what I saw. Holy F-ing crap. I was that little kid the whole time I was in the church until I was 29 years old. I liked in that kids eyes and it was me. No more.

Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 12:15AM

WOW.

Probably the most cult-ish thing I've ever viewed related to tscc. Sickening, disturbing, and revolting!

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 12:16AM

This vid needs to be mirrored because it will be taken down.

Posted by: capitolmoroni ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 12:34AM

Is this EFY?

Date: January 16, 2014 12:45AM

I'm trying on-line to figure out how to down load this video in 1080 high def. Once I've got it I'll return and report.

Meanwhile, I just watched it again on my Dell monitor at 2560x1440 resolution in high def. I turned off the sound and just looked at the audiences expressions.

Folks I'm appalled at the smiles and laughing from the audience and their "ole isn't this cute looks" on their faces etc.

This is S-I-C-K-E-N-I-N-G !

Young Bryson,
You are too precious to be used this way for the cult.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 12:49AM

If I didn't like Bednar before I can't stand the jerk now. Wow! Just Wow! What an ignorant thing to do with a bawling kid. And then to tape it!!!!! Does Bednar have NO brains or compassion?

A happy and innocent kid asks a harmless question and is made to feel like he's one step from moral iniquity in front of an audience.

This man prides himself on being a master teacher as he's tormenting a kid with the tried and true Mormon practice of instilling guilt and shame. Yuck.

Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 12:52AM

This is the kind of stuff that's on par with the crazy new cult down in Australia that someone here posted a vid about a little while back...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.