Deconstructing Mormonism  : RfM
A discussion of Tom Riskas' book "Deconstructing Mormonism: An Analysis and Assessment of the Mormon Faith." 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tomriskas ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 02:12PM

To Any and All Who Might be Interested:

The Publisher just informed me that the 2nd printing of the book is compete and the the book is available again on Amazon.com.

Please pass the word.

Thanks.

Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 05:33PM

I am really looking forward to participating once I've received and read your book, Tom!

However I won't even get it in the mail until mid July at the earliest. :(

Date: June 24, 2013 06:15PM

You might want to contact Amazon. They have the books. Why the delayed shipping?? Usually takes 5-7 days doesn't it?

Posted by: kentm ( )
Date: July 03, 2013 07:37PM

Received my copy yesterday and a friend got his today so Amazon is definitely getting them out by now.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: July 06, 2013 03:03AM

I received the book today so I can't wait to get started on it. Just from looking at it, I can tell that lots of research has gone into it. Now is the ripest time for a book of this nature........get all of the truth out on one well researched book. Great Reading everyone!

Posted by: fineline ( )
Date: July 06, 2013 06:06PM

My copy is on its way to me now! Can't wait to get started reading it!

Posted by: whattookmesolong ( )
Date: July 09, 2013 11:18PM

Just came in the mail today. Looking forward to getting started.

Date: July 10, 2013 12:04AM

Glad you're all getting your books. FYI, if you have postings for the Introduction, you can make them on the thread "Betrayal of Doubt" in this dedicated forum, or just continue that thread with the same title, part 2, 3, etc. if and as needed.

Similarly, if and when you get through the Foundational Preface and each successive Chapter, just post to the respective thread or continue the thread if it's already started and full.

Because the book is written in a particular order to build the case against Mormonism, and because the analysis and assessment is cumulative and complex, it's important to begin with the Introduction and proceed as suggested in the book by reading the Foundational Preface and Chapters 1 and 2 before reading Chapters 3-8 and the Epilogue, Personal preface and Appendix A. If you read ahead (particularly in Chs. 3-6) without first reading and understanding the Intro., FP and Chs. 1 and 2, your questions and comments will likely be out of context.

There has already been some discussion on the Introduction ("Betrayal of Doubt"), so you might want to read through the "Betrayal of Doubt" thread after you read the Introduction. I haven't read any postings from many who participated in this initial thread since then, so they are either still reading through the FP and Chs. 1 and 2 or are farther along and either don't have anything to say or are no longer able or interested in proceeding further. Perhaps if new threads are opened in this forum on the FP and different Chapters others will join in again.

I will be notified of any activity on this forum and will be available to participate as requested or needed (or just because I want to) ;)

Good reading to all, and thanks again for your interest.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.