Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Forgetting Abigail ( )
Date: March 30, 2016 10:11AM

Hello everyone. I just emailed my resignation letter within the last few minutes after being a member of the LDS church for 43 years. Long story short...my parents found out about the Mormon church when on a family day trip to Vermont to scope out covered bridges and got sidetracked to the Joseph Smith birthplace. I was excited to be baptized and really tried to be a TBM even though there were times I got sidetracked. Ex husband and I eventually made it to temple, although he seemed to enjoy inactivity and pushed right back with passive aggressiveness. Got counseling through the church with a nonmember counselor upon condition that I wanted to save the family. (ugh) After getting counseling for my children and ex husband not attending the sessions and making excuses I confided to the counselor that I wanted out of the marriage. She said this wasn't part of the arrangements with the church and that she would have to tell the bishop. She did that and he told me counseling was done and basically that I was on my own. (so much for free agency) Finally I had enough of ex husband and left with three of our five children. Started living with new boyfriend who my TBM parents blame for me leaving the church. (Pretty sure my ex husband had some part of the manipulation there) Every time I would get a new address my TBM mother would give the Mormons my address and phone number and today I finally had enough. Last night I got a phone message from my "new visiting teacher" (who I am pretty sure is the Bishop's wife) I have been reading and studying all the ex mo information and truths during the last 10 years on and off. Book of Abraham and Kinderhook deception alone was enough to get the ball rolling for me. So today after hitting "send" on that resignation letter there is a great sense of relief, but also sadness. Next on the docket...deciding if and when to tell my elderly TBM parents.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.