Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: johninlogan ( )
Date: September 25, 2015 07:48PM

I grew up in the Church. I was raised in Cache Valley. I come from a many generational family of TBM's. I finally realized a few years ago that it was time. Time that I started being honest with how i felt. Time that i looked at my spirituality. I decided to step away.

Stepping away was not easy. I am married and she comes from a very black and white type of mormon family. There is no gray area. It was hard. We actually separated for 9 months because of my decision and our constant Sunday morning fights about going or not going to Church. We are back together and have been for almost 3 years and its because she saw that i was the same guy, even with out the Church. I pray, i believe in a higher power, i am a good person and I do not stop her from her beliefs or force mine on anyone else.

I started my "stepping out" by just not going. I had a few phone conversations with the Bishop or others from the ward and i slowly distanced myself. I then started reading the history of the Church and comparing it to what was written on ex-mormon sites. It was staggering how much misinformation the Church pushed for decades to white wash the past. Its like the old adage that if you continue to say a lie , you will start believing it and it becomes truth. That is what has been happening in the Church. The Church did not expect the internet to be such a big help in providing people proof of the lies and deceit.

I really don't have any issues with hate or anger. I guess i am one of the lucky ones when it comes to that. I had never fully had my whole heart, mind and soul into it. I guess you can say i was a more social mormon.

I do express my opinions, but only when asked. I do tell people if they ask to please "Don't doubt your doubts" If you have questions, research. Study on your own. You decide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2015 07:49PM by johninlogan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.