Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FRSP ( )
Date: March 12, 2015 05:23PM

I was a Beehive teacher, and then suddenly, the Relief Society President. I loved spiritual living, my counselors, the home making and welfare things. Highly organized and pretty compassionate, I really enjoyed it.

However, a sister came to me, in confidence, and admitted an affair with the YM advisor. I told her that since she grew up with a father who was a bishop, she knew she needed to talk to him.

Well she did -- he convened the "big Boys" and made her tell every humiliating detail, and then told she had to go home and tell her husband every detail, answer every question, and of course, she was excommunicated.

She did, in faith, as they said. However, the husband, knowing this group of men knew all this, and questions flying through his head, plaguing and tormenting him destroyed their marriage, which could have been saved had he not known every last detail (and it was a one time occurrence).

A family of 6 was destroyed. The advice was NOT from a God of love or mercy, who wants a broken heart and contrite spirit.

I requested excommunication for myself and my children. It was just that they were prurient, arrogant, and never prayed about how God wanted it handled.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.