Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cattibree ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 04:24PM

I was born into the Lutheran church, however, over the years I became agnostic. About 6 months ago I had some nice ladies stop over to preach to me about the Book of Mormon. I was like, "Ok, I don't know much about the mormon religion but ya, maybe this is where I'll belong." I did ask them if they were a Christian religion and they said they were.

About one month into the teachings about the Book of Mormon I started to feel hurt. They gave me the Book of Mormon, however, never gave me the Holy Bible. I ended up asking them for the Holy Bible because I wanted to read it.

Over time, odd things really started to bother me.

1)Their prophet Joseph Smith, a man that is extremely important to them, and yet never talked about his life. I thought a man that is that important to be a prophet, that they would talk about his life history.

2)Not once did we open the Holy Bible. I started to think, are they really Christians?

3)Was invited to dinner at a church member's house yet I have not met that person yet. I didn't go because I felt that it was inappropriate.

4)Now this was the turning point for me. They set up an appointment for me to go to their church to be "re-baptized". Being a past Lutheran, I was already baptized and I have not even set foot in their church yet.

I was baffled by this, but I just pushed it to the back of my mind and sat down at my computer to begin working on my school work. (Taking online classes for the Medical Assistant program.)

And here is where God rescues me...again.

My internet browser's home page is Yahoo and right in front of me is an article about Mormons and Joseph Smith. The article covered the stories of Joseph Smith's many wives, one of them being as young as 14. After reading that I was appauled but I better check the source to make sure this information was acurate...www.lds.org

This led to multiple researches afterwards.

I was furious! They flat out lied to me the entire time. They were not Christians..they were "wolves" disguised as "sheep".

This past Tuesday was the last day they came over. I confronted them about all the information I have uncovered and ended the conversation with, "Joseph Smith was a horrible man." and I encouraged them to look into the history of their church. I feel bad that I made two of them cry and one so mad she just shut down completely. I was being honest with them even though they were not honest with me.

All of you that have left this cult, you have my upmost respect and full support. I am also proud to say, I will NEVER be a Mormon and I am returning to the Lutheran Church.

(sorry for my grammar errors)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.