Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: glad2see ( )
Date: January 28, 2014 07:19PM

(This is our exit story)
The bible teaches that There in only one High Priest after the Order of Melchisedec see The book of Hebrews, Chapter 7 and 8.

Book of Hebrews chapter 9 and 10 records about how the Levitical priesthood (lower priesthood after the order of Aaron/ his descendants) functioned in the temple under the law of Moses and how it was done away in Jesus Christ (chap 7-8), the ONE High Priest after the Order of Melchisedec.

In July 2012 after reading about the Mormon finances and City Creek Mall costs in the Bloomberg article; we decided to look up the Scripture about pure religion undefiled was helping the widow and orphan. So we went to the topical guide in the LdS Scriptures and under charity we were sent to Hebrews Chapter 7.

This information was instrumental to resigning our memberships and temple covenants after 39 years and much active service and callings.

I have appreciated reading many posts this past month. It helps to not feel so alone.
Thank you Steve Benson for your articles and especially the one about how the General Authories are and have been paid (That one made a different for my Husband!) My nonmember DMIL would read the articles in the Arizona Republic years ago and would try to talk sense to us to not pay tithing to TSCC but we were blind.

Also helpful were the articles by many courageous past members such as Mr Broadhurst and his oliver cowdery website among his other sites, Grant Palmer, the Wilder family, Bishop Earl Erskine 17 minutes of truth was great and the many others online that we found after we left.
Thank you one and all

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.