Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moose ( )
Date: May 23, 2014 03:38PM

I am still an active member, just released as the First Assistant to the High Priest Group Leader in our Ward but with significant doubts (in spite of Uchdorf's ecouragement to doubt my doubts). I am, in essence, acting the hypocrite - for family reasons - since I am no longer a believer (the reasons are myriad!).

Does anyone remember LDS General Conference October 2009, the address by Neil Anderson entitled "Repent ... That I may Heal You"? In it, he told this story:

"Years ago, I was asked to meet with a man who, long before our visit, had had a period of riotous living. As a result of his bad choices, he lost his membership in the Church. He had long since returned to the Church and was faithfully keeping the commandments, but his previous actions haunted him. Meeting with him, I felt his shame and his deep remorse at having set his covenants aside. Following our interview, I placed my hands upon his head to give him a priesthood blessing."

That was how AND BY WHOM my priesthood blessings were restored after having been excommunicated. If I am NOT the man in the story then there are more than one of us who fit it precisely! It's possible and I realize I am probably one of many.

My point in telling this is just to say, "I should have stayed out while I had the chance!!" Now I have to deal with a TBM wife, her TBM family and, all over again, my TBM family!

Sometimes there is no explaining my own stupidity! ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.