Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: zezebel ( )
Date: October 20, 2013 10:46PM

Slowly I started questioning the church in high school. When I finally left and my true self came to light my family treated me terribly. My partners non member family was very accepting and kind proving "bad" people and "good" people didn't exist. I become an advocate for survivors of assault and got a degree in social work. All my classes and education pushed me further away.

This past year I have learned a lot about the truth. Joseph Smith raped women and girls by telling them their families would be damned. Stories in the BOM and BIBLE are horribly violent and teach children it is ok to kill in the name of god and people of color are sinners. The church has paid tons of money to prevent the equality of persons who identify as LGBTQ. And women are oppressed, harassed, and have no power in the church.

I have felt free and at peace since I had my records removed. My family is learning to deal with the change but I can clearly identify my own recovery and healing. Currently I am learning to feel peace and be kind to all humans. It is exciting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.