Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Fallen Moroni ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 12:11AM

I posted that link to our "End the Interviews" FB page a couple hours ago and allotted a small budget to increase its visibility. While only a handful of people have commented on it, it's been seen by over 18,000 FB users.

-Fallen Moroni

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 12:13AM

+1

Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 12:28AM

I just posted it to my FB wall, I'm waiting for a whole maelstorm of negative comments from my TBM friends now.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 11:56AM

Tell us about it when you get the responses :)

Posted by: volrammos ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 02:15AM

Sounds like projection. Probably the bishop likes such things but denies it. Talking to a little girl about such things is a sign that he lost his reason completely.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 02:25AM

I've posted this on two other threads so sorry, but this story is just an example of the outrageous interviews children in the Mormon church are subjected to. I am not at all surprised at the above story.

"I was 12 when I got baptized and I had to be interviewed by the ward mission leader. But at least my mom got to sit in because we were converts taught by missionaries and both getting baptized at the same time. Anyway, the ward mission leader said "I have to ask you about these things" and proceeded to rattle off a list of "sins" he felt compelled to ask me about. I obviously didn't know what any of them were so he said "That's OK - you are too young to have done any of these. If you want to know what they are, ask your mom."

So on the way home, of course, I asked my mom. She got all flustered and said even she didn't know what some of them were but one was sex with animals. That's how I found out some people have sex with animals. When I was 12. Nice job Brother Dale. It just galls me now that the ward mission leader felt it was OK to even say words like that to a child. He wasn't even a bishop. He was a total stranger whose job it was to find out the worthiness of a child not even in her teens. And a middle age man talking to a little girl. When Mormons say that we are just looking to be offended I want to ask them "Why doesn't this offend you? What is broken in you that you think it's OK - or even want to take a chance something like this might happen?"

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 08:56AM

CA girl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've posted this on two other threads so sorry,
> but this story is just an example of the
> outrageous interviews children in the Mormon
> church are subjected to. I am not at all
> surprised at the above story.
>
> "I was 12 when I got baptized and I had to be
> interviewed by the ward mission leader. But at
> least my mom got to sit in because we were
> converts taught by missionaries and both getting
> baptized at the same time. Anyway, the ward
> mission leader said "I have to ask you about these
> things" and proceeded to rattle off a list of
> "sins" he felt compelled to ask me about. I
> obviously didn't know what any of them were so he
> said "That's OK - you are too young to have done
> any of these. If you want to know what they are,
> ask your mom."
>
> So on the way home, of course, I asked my mom. She
> got all flustered and said even she didn't know
> what some of them were but one was sex with
> animals. That's how I found out some people have
> sex with animals. When I was 12. Nice job Brother
> Dale. It just galls me now that the ward mission
> leader felt it was OK to even say words like that
> to a child. He wasn't even a bishop. He was a
> total stranger whose job it was to find out the
> worthiness of a child not even in her teens. And
> a middle age man talking to a little girl. When
> Mormons say that we are just looking to be
> offended I want to ask them "Why doesn't this
> offend you? What is broken in you that you think
> it's OK - or even want to take a chance something
> like this might happen?"

It's creepy. But honestly though, why's the WML interviewing someone for baptism? That's not part of his calling. The Bishop interviews 8 yr. olds and the Zone Leaders interview converts 9 yrs. and up. If there are more serious "sins" that are confessed, like maybe drinking Pepsi or having sex with goats (apparently, sheep and chickens get a pass), the Mission President conducts the interview.

So, 1) either the WML was going rogue on his own, and the missionaries were too stupid to put a stop to it; 2) The victim has their "calling" terminology confused; or 3) it didn't happen.

Posted by: reddwarf ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 10:05AM

On my mission the WML would conduct baptism interviews in areas where we were too far away from the ZL. In some of my areas we were over an hour away from the nearest other set of missionaries and if we actually had a baptism we had the WML do the interview.

Date: August 23, 2013 11:42AM

I could see that, it makes sense to me. I would say I stand corrected. Thank you. reddwarf.

I served a mission in Nevada, which might as well be a mini-Utah as far as there being a lot of members. I let that color my perceptions. I tend to forget that other areas are not like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 11:44AM by Bite Me.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 11:58AM

This was also 30 years ago so maybe things have changed. But it was a member of the ward - not a bishop or the missionaries/zone leaders. Someone who went to my ward each Sunday. He may have been the stake mission leader but my mom always referred to him as the ward mission leader.

And seriously, why would I make something like that up?

Date: August 24, 2013 08:58AM

If you were the girl or knew the girl, then I get it. If it's a "have you heard" story, then it's not outside the realm of beng suspect.

Did you read reddwarf's comment and my response? I think that explains my reaction.

Posted by: Charlotte Darwin ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 09:24AM

Why ask such things of kids or adults? It doesn't make sense. If you are getting baptized for the remission of your sins, why would you need to confess anything? Doesn't baptism cancel out sins? Or does it only work if you've confessed? If I was that girl's mother, and she asked me what those sins entailed, I'd say, "Don't worry about it. We aren't joining anyway." They prove time and again they are a sex cult. So concerned with sex. And I have to agree with what someone else wrote: What is wrong or broken with you that you are not offended by this?

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 09:06PM

Yep.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 10:36AM

Mormon bishops go off-script like that all the time. I was asked in my 30's once out of the blue specifically if I masturbate. This same bishop was asking people if they watch rated R movies. He stopped when a woman in the ward reacted very strongly to it. She knew it wasn't on the list of questions, and she called him on it. My mother had a stake president who was asking people if they drank colas and was denying them temple recommends for it.

I think they do it for a reason. Sometimes maybe they just get off on the power trip, because they feel powerless at their jobs. In some cases, maybe they are sexually aroused talking to people about their intimate lives. They could be looking for dirt on perceived potential competitors for leadership callings.

Either way, I think it's in the Church's best interest to firm up the interview questions, make them public, and tell local leaders to stop the funny business. People could become disgruntled AND STOP PAYING TITHING.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 11:08AM

Well, I make out with my dog all the time. She's a real sweetie head and I can't resist kissing her furry face. Sometimes she licks my face back. Once in a while, she'll manage to get her tongue right in my mouth. (Bleargh.) One of my favorite games is to put my face right up to hers, stick out my tongue and waggle it like Road Runner (making a flp flp flp sound). That makes her perk up her ears and she cannot resist trying to lick my tongue.

I call this making out with my dog. Does that mean I practice bestiality? She sleeps alone in her own crate, but she sleeps naked.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 11:46AM

ROTFLMAO! hehe

Posted by: diablo ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 11:58AM

It's not sex until you break out the peanut butter.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 03:21PM

LOL

Ew.

Not. gonna. happen.

ROFL

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 06:35PM

And Diablo went there.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 07:20PM

Confession of my sins: My cats are kept animals. I keep them naked, too, and they are so used to it that they no longer complain. I hold them on my lap--while they are naked--and stroke them. I will hold them--while they are naked--to my chest. I will nuzzle them with my face. They often sleep with me, and they are never clothed. I am so ashamed.

Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 03:15PM

" ...For instance, the word petting may never be found in the scriptures but the act of petting is repeatedly condemned. "

--Spencer W. Kimball, The miracle of Forgiveness

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 11:13AM

I was asked about that too....I had never heard of it, nor imagined anything like it, but "thanks" to my bishop's questioning I learned what it was...at 14 years old.

Thanks for nothing, pervy bishop.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 11:15AM

So was it wrong for my bishop to request photos of the sins to determine if they were a sin?

He said it would be OK to do a re-enactment for positioning. He said to get some close up pics so he could determine if there was penetration and climax.

He said to give them to him in a plain brown wrapper.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 11:39AM

"Why doesn't this offend you? What is broken in you that you think it's OK - or even want to take a chance something like this might happen?" - CA Girl

This is awesome.

Thank you for saying it and putting things in perspective. We all need to remember this wording when asked "Why can't you leave the church alone?" or when people say, "You are just angry and gnashing your teeth because you are damaged and couldn't keep the high standards of the church." They are using gaslighting techniques (see below), and pretending that the problem is the way that we see things and take them out of context when in fact it is "something broken" in the person who wants to hold on to mormonism at all costs...even to the point that children are abused.

From Wikipedia:
Psychologist Martha Stout states that sociopaths frequently use gaslighting tactics. Sociopaths consistently transgress social mores, break laws, and exploit others, but are also typically charming and convincing liars who consistently deny wrongdoing. Thus, some who have been victimized by sociopaths may doubt their perceptions. Jacobson and Gottman report that some physically abusive spouses may gaslight their partners, even flatly denying that they have been violent.
Psychologists Gertrude Gass and William C. Nichols use the term "gaslighting" to describe a dynamic observed in some cases of marital infidelity: "Therapists may contribute to the victim's distress through mislabeling the women's reactions. [...] The gaslighting behaviors of the husband provide a recipe for the so-called 'nervous breakdown' for some women [and] suicide in some of the worst situations."
Gaslighting can also occur in parent-child relationships, with either parent or child (or both) lying to each other and attempting to undermine perceptions. Furthermore, gaslighting has been observed between patients and staff in inpatient psychiatric facilities

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 11:42AM by upsidedown.

Posted by: diablo ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 12:08PM

I think the main reason for the sex questions is they want you to lie.
Break one of the 10 commandments like lying and god will hate you.
This is a fantastic guilt trip to place on a pre-teen/teen because you know there is a good chance they are lying about sex and will probably feel guilty about it.
You can then use their guilt like a bridle and guide your subject on the path of deluded grandeur.

These bastards are truly evil and need to go away.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 12:14PM

although it might Never be possible... I'm betting that some church leaders select the most vulnerable (family, economic) people to go off the Track with these things.

just sayin'

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 12:17PM

The reason sexuality is brought up early with children by these leaders is because shame over it is the primary tool used to generate guilt. Religions control people with guilt.
A child of 10 or 12 really has no “sins” for the church to use for guilt generation. Since nearly everyone masturbates, and it’s natural and normal, it’s perfect to characterize as a bad sin to get the guilt going. I left Mormonism, and won’t be joining any other church either. They’re all evil.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 05:49PM

Bishop: "Don't tell me you've never looked at a horse's haunches without feeling that your pants were too tight. It's okay to have these feelings as long as you don't act on them. You can even hold the priesthood."

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 06:30PM

This is revolting. It needs to be brought into the light of day. And the practice of questioning underage youth about such things needs to be illegal.

Posted by: flecher ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 10:35PM

Damn, I actually have a bestiality story. I was asked by my MTC branch president if I had ever experimented with bestiality. Here's the story.
After High School I enlisted in the army, my dad was going to throw me out anyway, so it was an easy decision. I was shipped overseas and got to taste the fruits of the American G.I. lifestyle, which included sex with friendly native girls. After my service ended I decided, with Dad's enthusiastic blessing, to serve a mission. Only one problem, I had to confess my manly experiences to the Bishop and Stake President. So I told the Bishop I only had sex once with one girl, give him a little taste and maybe he'll leave me alone. The Stake President didn't go down that easy. He got me to say it was five times with five girls.
My repentance process included a mandatory meeting with an Apostle, Elder Legrand Richards, over 90 at the time. I met him at a Stake Center about a hundred miles from my house.We met in a small room after the multi Stake Conference and he too asked me how many times I had sex. Five times, I told him. He then told me stories about wild and crazy missionaries that almost got the Los Angeles mission shut down.
Fast forward a couple months and I'm at the MTC, and the Branch President is grilling me for more details and additional experiences. That's when he asked me,"Have you ever tried bestiality?" "No", I said, I was tempted to ask him if he had but let it go. Here's the part for the TBM's reading this, it still bothers me to this day that someone, a stranger, asked me that.

Posted by: ELIZABETH REALLY SMARTS NOW ! ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 03:10PM

THAT QUALIFIES AS A SEX CRIME. Exposing a minor to X-RATED concepts. call the police.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.