Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 08:41AM

Some on this board have been trying, quite faithfully and fervently, to tie the short-lived and long-defunct Bavarian Illuminati movement of the 1770s to the Mormon Church of the 21st century.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,992882

C'mon, folks, pull your head out of your hat. If you're going to go around spouting off on Mormonism and the Illuminati, at least do your homework first--if for no other reason so that you can give credit where credit is due.

It wasn't Joseph Smith who supposedly introduced Illuminatism to Mormonism; rather, it was Mormon black sheep/secessionist James J. Strang who introduced it to his apostate band of break-away believers.

A few months after being baptized by Smith (and after Smith's soon-to-follow assassination), Strang abandoned the Mormon fold and went off to establish his colony of "Strangites" in Wisconsin. There he declared himself founding prophet upon whom, he claimed, rested the mantle of Smith's world-governing power (Strang made this assertion based on a letter of highly questionable authenticity that he insisted Smith had written to him mere days before Smith's death at Carthage, in which Strang said Smith revealed that he--Strang--was to take over the reins of the Mormon Church).

Strang (like Smith) had himself crowned king of the world. He (unlike Smith) also ran for and won a seat in the halls of secular government. And he (like Smith), ended up being murdered by "disgruntled followers and non-Mormons."

Now, here's where the ol' Illuminati angle comes in (and it's not what the peculiar little pom-pom squad for the Mormon-Illuminati connection say it is):

As head of his own strange cult, Strang introduced his personal brands of necro-dunking and multi-wifing, along with his own version of an endowment ceremony which he labeled (drum roll, please) the "Order of the Illuminati."

Needless to say, that Illuminati went down the potty when Strang was bumped off in 1856. As historian D. Michael Quinn reports, Strang and his Illuminati obviously didn't have much of an impact on world events:

"Upon leaving Nauvoo in late Februrary 1846, earthy apostle Heber C. Kimball quipped: 'Strangism was not worth investigating--it was not worth the skin of a fart.;"

(D. Michael Quinn, "The Mormon Hierarchy: Origins of Power" [Salt Lake City, Utah; Signature Books, 1994], pp. 208-11)
_____

Which is an appropriate way to frame the Mormon Church's alleged involvement with the Illuminati:

It isn't worth one, either.

But forget for a moment the Mormon Church's alleged official hand-in-glove entanglement with the Illuminati. Not only does a conspiracy-theory website claim Mormonism is part of worldwide Illuminati Satanism, it insists that ex-Mormons are involved (and to think my Grandpa Ezra Taft never letmMe in on this).

Conspiracy buff/buffoon, Fritz Springmeier, in his article, "Moriah and the Mormon Leadership: 13 Bloodlines of the Illuminati," ties Mormonism to the Illuminati in ways that make Joseph Smith look like a celestialized choir boy.

In straining to make a case that Mormonism is a diabolical operational arm of the Satan-hatched Illuminati, Springmeier warns how the Illuminati lulls its victims into spiritual captivity:

"One of the things that the Illuminati has done is instill apathy in people toward resisting their wickedness."

Really? See if I care. :)

Springmeier continues, undaunted:

"A letter by an ex-Mormon says it better than I could:

"'There are many reasons why these people (Mormons) will not come forth even though they know of the corruption in the Mormon Church. One is due to their belief in Mormon scripture which they associate with the Mormon church. The leadership has usurped power and authority over this scripture. Thus, the members of the Mormon church think that God expects them to support their misguided leaders.

"'This is much the rationalization that many Americans make about our government. They all know of the corruption, but rationalize that it is unpatriotic to talk against the government or ungrateful to complain when they enjoy superficial prosperity.'

"'It is interesting that this [ex-]Mormon recognizes that the process of the common man’s reaction is the same to both Mormon and American leadership, because as we will discuss the top leadership in both the reader will learn they are related to each other and both under the control of the Top 13 Illuminati families."

Springmeier then points to what he claims is the clear trail of the unholy Illuminati-LDS-Hemaglobin Link from Hell:

"THE MORMON LEADERS & THE 13th TOP ILLUMINATI BLOODLINE

"The Mormon president, Ezra Taft Benson (considered a prophet by Mormons), was a fan of the John Birch Society. Most people who have not read my exposes' on both the Mormon Church and the John Birch Society will not be able to protect themselves from the Illuminati. I don’t expose these organizations without a great deal of proof. I say this because I know from too many sources and too many angles that both organizations were initiated and have been run by the Illuminati.

"The Mormon Church has long prophesied that they would defend the U.S. Constitution in the last days. They are moving to fulfill that with men like Bo Gritz, who sprinkles has talks with buzz words from Mormon prophecy.

"The John Birch Society was part of the process of the Hegelian dialectics of the cold war. They pretend to be the defenders of the people against the 'New World Order,' but they are fake opposition.

"(I have met quite a few John Birchers, and so far although they claim to be against the 'New World Order,' they want nothing to do with me, or to learn anything I might share with them. I can understand the leadership doing this to me, but somehow the rank-and-file have picked up on some of the attitudes of the leadership. I don’t know how the JBS has managed to do that but the antagonistic attitudes that they have instilled in their people toward people like myself are amazing)."

Little did I know that, according to Springmeier's pure-hearted investigation, I am related to the evil Illuminati through the royal blood of its Satanists.

Springmeier explains:

"In my 'Be Wise As Serpents' book, I gave the genealogical evidence to show that the Mormon leadership connected to the 13th top Illuminati family, the Holy Blood line of what purports to be Jesus' lineage.

(I never heard from my family that I was part of Jesus's lineage, other than that the Bensons walked on water).

Springmeier:

"I’ve also showed numerous other connections between the Mormon leaders and the elite Illuminati bloodlines. Ezra Taft Benson’s genealogy helps tie together some of the various parts of the Illuminati beast.

". . . Ezra Taft Benson is a descendent of Alphonso Taft, who along with one of the Russell family (Russells are one of the top 13 families), William IL Russell, started the 'Order of the Skull and Bones' (legally it has been known as Russell Trust)."

But wait, there's more Illuminati Mormonism on the way. According to Springmeier, it manifests itself through Mormon involvement in drug-trafficking (you heard it here first):

"Archibald D. Russell (1811-1871) [was] a Mason from Scotland [who] set up . . . other [Illuminati] organizations. (Scotland has played a key role in the Illuminati. One example of thousands is Marriner S. Eccles--Governor of the Federal Reserve Board and supporter of FDR, who is [a] member of the wealthy Mormon Illuminati Eccles family which came over from Scotland).

"The Russells played a key role in the opium trade in the early 1800s and early Mormonism. One of the Russell business partners was Warren Delano, Jr., chief of Russell and Company operations in Canton, China.

"Delano was the grandfather of President Franklin Roosevelt. The Russell and Company logo was a 'Skull and Bones.' The Taft family (which is also related to George Bush [and Ezra Taft Benson] by blood) and the Harriman family are two families that have been intimately connected to the 'Skull and Bones Order' (which is an entry point into the Illuminati and on the surface just an exclusive fraternity)."

Springmeier then adds more Mormonism into the Illuminati mix, this time courtesy of the CIA:

"Note: Since this was written Bo Gritz and the Mormon Church have gone separate ways. Bo Gritz, under the direction of his CIA handier, has been moving around talking to Patriots and establishing a community called ‘Almost Heaven’ near Kamiah, Idaho. Fritz’s newsletters have had several articles about Bo Gritz, including one entitled S.P.I.K.E., which is what Bo calls the training he is giving people."

And don't fprget that this all traces back, of course, to Joseph Smith:

"Joseph Smith, whose family practiced witchcraft, had many types of seals around their house which were used in magic. According to a magic book of 1830, 'Demonology and Witchcraft' by Walter Scott (pp. 165, 220-21), seer stones were to be anointed with oil and sealed with holy characters.

"In 1837, Mormon leaders performed such a magical sealing for James Cohn Brewster. (D. Michael Quinn, 'Early Mormonism and the Magic World View,' pp. 209-210)

"Joseph Smith had a cane with a serpent on the top of it and astrological seals below. Magick staffs, or canes, are important in Satanism. The seal of Mars was carved on the Smith family athame [ceremonial dagger], which was used by the family to draw circles for magic incantations. ('Early Mormonism and the Magic World View,' p. 142)

"In 1835, a ritual done by Joseph Smith to commune with a spirit messenger is recorded by Oliver Cowdery. Joseph Smith used two 'Seals of the Earth' to conjure up the spirit. Smith’s ritual was in accordance with the best occult guidebooks then, 'The Book of Knowledge' and Barrett’s 'Magus.'

"The 1830 edition of the Book of Mormon says that about itself:

"‘. . . [T]heir voice shall be as one that hath a familiar spirit . . . They shall write the things which shall be done among them, and they shall be written and sealed up in a book.’ (2 Nephi 26:14-17)

"The Mormon scholar Quinn writes,

"‘The Book of Mormon’s use of the word ‘sealed’ also suggested a magic context. Isaiah 29 uses the word ‘sealed’ only twice, but the Book of Mormon’s commentary on the chapter uses ‘sealed’ 11 times in eight verses' (2 Nephi 26:17; 27:7-8)

"Throughout the entire text, the Book of Mormon refers to itself with the words ‘sealed’ or ‘seal’ more than 20 times . . .

"'Modern Mormons have often pictured a physical seal . . . but the Book of Mormon nowhere describes a physical seal, evoking instead the seal as a non-material restriction:

‘For the book shall be sealed by the power of God.’ (2 Nephi 27:10)

"Quinn goes on to describe more about the magical sealing of the Book of Mormon."

Springmeier himself goes on to explain how Mormonism's sealings have sealed its doom as a Satanic blood-brother of the Illuminati:

"[I am now going to] explain sealing rituals. I am doing this so that Christians can understand who a 'Keeper of Seals' is and also so that Christians can understand that Mormonism is closer to Satanism than it is to Christianity.

"This . . . hopefully [will] provide a written record so that Christians have an objective way to determine if someone who claims to be an ex-Satanist really is. I realize that some Christians don’t like to learn about their enemy and that is fine if they do not want to read this.

"On the other hand, I see people who are coming out of Satanism [including, he means, ex-Mormons] who the Christians are disbelieving. The Christians have no reference from which to determine whether someone is legitimate or not. And although I believe the spirit of God is an excellent revealer of men, I have to be frank: Even the best of Christians sometimes don’t hear what the Spirit has to say and could benefit from a written explanation.

"The closest descriptions of sealing rituals that I have found that match the descriptions of Satanic Hierarchy rituals from people who have come out of the Satanic Hierarchy are the Mormon sealing rituals. For anyone wanting to do a study about how Mormonism is witchcraft, I suggest they read the scholarly book written by a Mormon scholar, "'Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," by D. Michael Quinn."

For Springmeier, Satanism, Illuminati and Mormonism are one-in-the-same, a reality for him that seals the deal when it comes to completing the Mormon-Illuminati embrace of evil:

"One of the most important things in Satanism is sealing. Everything is sealed. One doesn’t hear the term 'sealing' used a lot. I have read many books of the enemy to know how he thinks and it is rare to have someone mention sealing. I had to learn about it from ex-Satanists [i.e., including from ex-Mormons]. If one leaves off studying Satanism and begins studying the many cults and religions, one begins hearing about sealing again when one gets to Mormonism.

"Mormon men and women are sealed to each other in the Mormon temple marriages. The early Mormons were sealed to many spouses. The Mormon sealing is very similar to what is done in witchcraft, called "hand-fasting," and it is also similar to marriage-sealing in Satanism."

All this, Springmeier claims, is convincingly demonstrated by Quinn:

"Quinn conclusively shows that early Mormonism was based on magic and witchcraft. Quinn--who is [an excommunicated] Mormon [once] in good standing--tries to point out in [his] book that these things can’t be held against Mormonism because most everyone back in the early 1800s practiced magic and witchcraft. Whether most people did or not, seems to me to be irrelevant as to whether it is O.K."

Springmeier really goes off the deep end in his effort to tie Mormonism to the 'Illuminati' by endorsing the anti-Mormon writings of William Schnoebelen.

Schnoebelen, who claims to be a former member of the Illuminati, authored "Mormonism's Temple of Doom," which Springmeier calls a "great book [that] show[s] the connections between the Mormon Temple ceremonies, Witchcraft rituals and Masonic rituals," adding that "he does an excellent job of showing and illustrating how the Mormon temple ceremony [and] Masonic and Witchcraft rituals are simply the very same thing, with minor variations."

("Moriah and the Mormon Leadership: 13 Bloodlines of the Illumnati," Parts 1 nd 2, by Fritz Springmeier, September 2003, taken from "ConspiracyTheories qebsite, at: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CEAQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bibliotecapleyades.net%2Fbloodlines%2Fmormon.htm&ei=GOB8UY6jNOrO2AXVn4GgDw&usg=AFQjCNFRXhYdQywWyMIyxQwip3XBFbPdEg&sig2=5pf4sQtAVddW9A7LT4irzQ&bvm=bv.45645796,d.b2; see also, http://web.archive.org/web/20030913200030/webpages.shepherd.edu/EEHRHA01/ConspTheo.htm)

The trouble for Springmeier is that even some Christians (who really do believe that there is a murderous Illuminati at war with Planet Earth in secretly practicing blood rituals, human sacrifice and child molestation), nonetheless also believe that Schoenbelen isn't exactly the best oracle for the Almighty when it comes to raggin' on the Mormon Cult. .

One such critic is Mark Dice, author of "The Illumanti: Facts & Ficion," who labels Schnoebelen "a fraud."

Dice notes that in addition to Schnoebelen's 1987 79-page book, "Mormonism's Temple of Doom," Schnoeblen has authored a 120-page book on UFOs, titled "Space Invaders" (2003), as well as appeared in several films, including "Interview with an Ex-Vampire."

(Sounds already like this Schnoebelen is someone to be taken seriously--as in seriously taken in for treatment at the nearest mental-health facility).

Dice provides a further portrait of Schnoebelen, before going in for the collegial kill:

"Schnoebelen is an interesting character with white hair and a long white beard, looking somewhat like a wizard out of the 'Lord of the Rings' movies, which is perhaps a deliberate style he adheres to, for reasons that will become obvious as you learn more about him.

"He claims to be a former 32nd-degree Freemason and a Shriner. He shows a photo of himself in the Shriner hat, where he looks much younger; and he has what he claims to be his certificate showing he had achieved the 32nd-degree level of Freemasonry. This could very well be true.

"He says he was a former member of the Church of Satan and also shows a letter signed by Anton LaVey welcoming him to the group. This is also possible, as the Church of Satan does have an application that people fill out and send in to become a member.

"Since someone familiar with the occult would know the true possibilities of the teachings found within Freemasonry, it is certainly not far-fetched that a member of the Church of Satan would want to join the Masons to further his occult knowledge."

Enough of this damning with faint praise. "Now," writes Dice, "let’s examine the more far-fetched claims that Schnoebelen has been making.

"One of the most popular speeches Schnoebelen has given--which includes his testimony on why he allegedly left the 'Illuminati' and became a born-again Christian--is in the video, 'Exposing the Illuminati from Within,' which can be viewed on Google Video and YouTube.

"In his nearly three-hour lecture, Schnoebelen goes through his supposed credentials when he was climbing the ranks in witchcraft and satanic circles, until ultimately he claims he was inducted into the Illuminati.

" . . . Most of what he talks about has been essentially considered factual by researchers of the Illuminati and the 'New World Order.' He talks about how there is an agenda to demoralize society and indoctrinate the youth into a culture of immortality. He details some of the philosophy of Freemasonry and its connection to the web of secret societies and mentions the usual suspects such as the 'Knights Templars' and Aleister Crowley.

"But just when you start thinking that this is a legitimate guy, his credibility starts to rapidly erode. One on the growing list of far-fetched claims he makes is that at one point in time in order to join the 'Illuminati,' he had to have sex with a demon as part of his initiation into the second-highest level."

(Hmmmm. Sounds like what Joseph Smith might have said about that inconveniently-opinonated Emma).

"Schnoebelen says:

"'What this means is you have to have sex with a fallen angel. And this is a very appalling and bizarre process, and it really nearly destroys every human being who has to go through it. It nearly killed me. I went through a formal marriage with a fallen angelic being.

"'And, of course, you understand there is a Biblical principle at work here which Satan is using. And that is when you have sex with someone, you become one flesh with that person. And what happens at that point is, you become so demon-possessed that it’s like burbling up here around your eyeballs.

"'I had more demons per cubic centimeter than the entire city of Indianapolis, let me tell you. And the result of that is you just become a pretty vile, evil person.'

Dice responds:

"Now, there are four different ways to look at this claim:

"One is that he is making this up in order to create a unique point in his story and get people talking about him so he can sell more books and make more money off of his lecture circuit.

"Two, he is an insane person and actually believes that he had sex with the demon in his own mind.

"Three, the organization he was a part of actually concocted a bizarre ritual in which he was given a hallucinogenic drug (LSD or peyote) and had sex with a woman who was dressed up in a costume, and he was so high that he thought he actually was having sex with a demon.

"Or four, one might believe that he actually did have sex with a demon and that he is telling the truth.

"His claims of having sex with a demon are actually quite tame compared to what he says in another video titled, 'Interview with an Ex-Vampire,' where he states that within the vampire subculture, human vampires exist and indeed grow fangs to feed off of human blood."

(Here's where Dice himself goes a bit nutty, insisting that there really are vampires--well, sort of):

"A small subculture of 'vampires' actually does exist but they are not walking dead who turn into bats and sleep in coffins. They are a small minority of the gothic subculture who do drink animal or human blood as part of their lifestyle. Usually they do not kill people for this blood but they have friends and fellow 'vampires' willingly give up a pint of blood for consumption or they purchase animal blood from butcher shops and consume it.

"But Schnoebelen takes this idea to an absurd extreme, claiming that to become a 'real' vampire, he drank the blood of a fallen angel and was then able to grow fangs which would retract when he was not 'feeding.'

"'He says as a result of 'becoming a vampire ' that he couldn’t go outside during the day because his skin would blister and that he had to get a third shift job because he could only go outside at night.

"Now, [I, meaning Dice] certainly have an open mind. . . . While it is certainly possible that Schnoebelen was a Satanist and high-level Freemason or even a member of the 'Illuminati,' one has to see his claims of becoming a vampire as completely, 100% fraudulent and his claims of having sex with a fallen angel as highly suspicious and unlikely."

Ya think?

Dice (perhaps not realizing how he's nailing his own coffin shut) goes on:

"While it is my conviction that the Illuminati continues to exist today--that they follow a Satanic philosophy complete with rituals and on some levels murder, human sacrifice and child rape--none of the so-called former Illuminati members have offered much evidence of their alleged involvement, other than information that has been circulating in anti-'New World Order' literature for decades.

"One motive is always that of money.

"Another is the purpose of spreading disinformation by mixing facts with fiction in order to make those who believe in the Illuminati seem like they are all conspiracy theorists or science fiction nuts.

"Perhaps some who make false claims about being a former Illuminati member actually believe that they are helping The Resistance, in that they are getting peoples' attention and educating them about other real issues involving the 'New World Order' and the occult.

"Another motive is simply that of attention.

"And yet another is that of personal entertainment on behalf of some and their friends by fooling people into believing their claims and watching the news spread on the Internet like an urban legend. . . .

"The fact that Schnoebelen is the author of seven different books on the subject of the occult, one may have a better understanding of his motives for exaggerations and outright lies about his involvement in such activities.

"In his video, 'Interview with an Ex-Vampire,' Schnoebelen admits that he never had a steady career and that most of his adult life he moved from one dead-end job to another. After college, he began working as a music teacher at a Catholic school but was fired and then, in his own words, says he 'had numerous, basically menial jobs until, really after I got saved. I never really had a super-duper job. I worked in a foundry for a while, I was as a security guard. I worked for the "Milwaukee Sentinel" as a person who went around and filled up the boxes at night with newspapers, so that was basically my wonderful career.'

"He also admits that he was a cocaine addict and later worked as a drug counselor when he got clean. So, in his own words, he never had a career until he got saved, which means until he became a Christian.

"As you now know, this new career he had discovered was that of writing books about the occult while fabricating and exaggerating large portions of his life in order to create a compelling and attention-getting story."

Dice continues his strange mix of buying into the Illuminati on the one hand, while knocking down Schoenblen on the other:

"While large portions of his lecture, 'Exposing the Illuminati from Within,' are based on historic facts and philosophies which Schnoebelen then mixes with his own fantasies and distortions, his 'Interview with an Ex-Vampire' begins with a series of absurdities which even the most gullible and uneducated person should see as fictions.

"The interview starts with him recounting numerous supposed experiences from his past as he studied the occult, all of which get more absurd than the next.

"He begins with tales of haunted houses and ghosts throwing silverware in the kitchen, and later claims that a friend of his disappeared before his eyes in a magic circle during an occult ritual performed in a garage, and never returned.

"One can’t help but see a pathetic old man telling ghost stories as if they had actually happened to him, or a delusional schizophrenic who was once so absorbed with such stories that now his mind can’t distinguish them from reality.

"There is also an eerie look of joy and excitement on his face when he tells his stories, probably from his own amusement that his audience is listening to him as if his fantastic tales were real but, instead, the man is a walking, talking fictional novel.

"While a completely honest and well-meaning person may unknowingly exaggerate or inaccurately convey details from personal experiences from their past, Schnoebelen’s claims far exceed any standard of objectivity or credibility, and upon even the brief examination found here it should be clear that he is not an authentic 'Illuminati' defector and is a complete fraud."

Earth to Dice: an "authentic Illuminati" is an oxymoron.

("Bill Schnoebelen 'Former Illuminati Member,' is a Fraud:
Excerpt[s] from Mark Dice's book, The Illuminati--Facts & Fiction," at: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.markdice.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D115%3Abill&ei=iBZ9UaySGoHK2AXm3oHYBQ&usg=AFQjCNH2NOkqy7m391jR821Nw4Tm95KjMw&sig2=MKtnp7efG5akz3qR84Mb9g&bvm=bv.45645796,d.b2I)

Come on, all you Illuminati-Mormon Churchy conspiracy spinners out there, you can do better than this. (Then again, judging from some of your posts lately on RfM, maybe you can't).

Thanks, though, for the laughs. :)

That all said, it's time for a confession from none other than the mouth of the Illuminati Mormon Church leader, Ezra Taft Benson (made to me himself, even):

U.S. President Dwight Eisenhower was part of the Communist plot to take over the world.

In response to my post regardng claims made by the beyond-the-known-universe crowd that the Mormon Church is an operational wing of the Illuminati and, to thicken the plot, that the Benson clan is clandestinely and genetically part of the official Illuminati-leadership family tree, RfM poster "munchybotaz" observed:

"It seems extra paranoid and up-in-the-night to drag the whole Mormon Fraernity of Ancient Doddering Con Men into it [the Illuminati'] . . . but I can see why they did it with your grandpa, his having been in the Eisenhower administration."

(posted by "munchybotaz," on "Recovery from Mormonism" bulletin board, 29 April 2013, at: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,877065,878053#msg-878053)

Along with my grandfather, I, too, am a member of the Illuminati. This heretofore unknown Benson family bond to the Illuminati goes back to my childhood, as revealed in this photograph taken of me as a kid--published, no less, on the front page of the Mormon Church Illuminati newspaper, the "Deseret News"--where I am caught greeting my fellow-Illuminati Grandpa Benson at the Salt City International Illuminati Airport when he was Eisenhower's Secretary of Agriculture.

The photo reveals me greeting Grandpa Benson with the following secret Illuminati password:

"I like Ike!"

Here's a copy of the actual photo:

("Ezra Taft Benson: A Grandson's Remebrance," in "Sunstone" magazine, December 1994, photo on p. 31, at: https://www.sunstonemagazine.com/pdf/097-29-37.pdf)

Truth be told, my Illuminati-knotted grandfather did let me in on a sordid secret about Eisenhower. In his Mormon Church-provided apartment, he confided to me (doing so by parroting the line of his hero and founder of the John Birch Society, Robert Welch) that Eisenhower's refusal to topple the Marxist dictator, Fidel Castro, had led my grandfather to conclude that Ike was either a Communist dupe or a knowing Communist agent.

This nutty Illuminati notion had been drummed into ETB's Illuminati head by his nuttiest and oldest child, Reed Benson, who at one time was a ranking leader in the John Birch Society. In fact, Uncle "Illuminati" Reed (as he was known by us in Illuminati Family Home Evenings and upon the records of the Church of Jesus Christ of Illuminati-day Saints) opened up the Washington, D.C., chapter of the John Birch Society.

But the conspiracy gets worse:

My Illuminati grandfather, in personal correspondence written on official Mormon Church Illuminati stationery, privately wrote me declaring that, outside the Mormon Church, the John Birch Society was the most effective tool on the planet fighting the worldwide Communist menace.

Here's what he told me in that letter:

"I loaned you several books when you favored us with a visit in Salt Lake enroute to Texas. I hope you were able to get some time to study them. If there are any others which I could help you with, I would be happy to do so. I believe your father gets 'American Opinion' and 'Review of the News' [the John Birch Society's weekly news magazine].

"These I consider of great importance as the best single source of reliable information next to the writings of the prophets and the Holy Scriptures on the question o of socialism, communism, and other dangerous evils, which are rapidly invading this great land."

(Ezra Taft Benson, signed "Grandpa Benson," personal correspondence to Stephen Benson, 11 May 1977)

Moreover, here's further, damning proof of the Benson-Eisenhower-Mormon Church-Illuminati tie-in from an even earlier photograph taken of my grandfather, me and other inner-circle Benson family members as we were all meeting with Eisenhower in the White House Oval office when I was 7 months old. My father (third from the left) is holding me, as both Eisenhower and my grandfather look my direction while giving me the secret "Illuminati Wink-and-Smile" (although, as you can see if you look closely, I'm pretending not to be paying attention).

http://www.ldsces.org/inst_manuals/pres-sm/images/13-222-4.gif

Finally, more on the frightening reality of the Benson-Eisenhower-Mormon Church-Illuminati link came from a revealing conversation I had awhile back with an individual who was clearly a dupe himself.

After a few exchanges, he wrapped it up with the following:

"We do not need to [joust] any longer. I did a little research [on you] and the basis for your bias is now crystal clear. Your Grandfather was the President of the LDS of the Mormon Church and was appointed Secretary of Agriculture under Eisenhower and once complained that farm subsidies touched on socialism and should be done away with. Somewhat earlier, 1936, my father, the son of an Anglican priest, gave an impassioned speech on the perniciousness of socialism. For a moment I thought there was a path worth pursuing. My father was also a good friend of Eisenhower’s . . .

"But alas. The path disappears. You have denied your religious heritage. You are an atheist. Your right under the constitution of course. Like Nietzsche you deny the existence of any supreme being. Like Engels and Marx, you deny damn near everything else. When you deify man, as you seem to have done, you have no political choice. So we have no grounds upon which to even open a conversation. I firmly believe that you are well beyond socialism; you are far closer to Lenin.

"It was fun while it lasted, but you are so far removed from someone I can respect that continuing to draft inane E-mails is ridiculous. Have a good life."

My reply:

"Speaking of Eisenhower, my grandfather Ezra Taft Benson was indeed Eisenhower’s Secretary of Agriculture from 1952 to 1960.

"I had lots of discussions with my grandfather about Ike.

"He told me that he thought Ike was either a socialist or a dupe of the Reds. . . .

"Done jousting. It took you several sentences in your paragraph 4 [the correspondent numbered them] to say that you are done, too." . . . .

"Have a good, non-jousting day."

So, the Illuminutty Secret is now out:

--The Mormon Church is run by the Illuminati.

--The Ezra Taft Benson bloodline is official Illuminati.

--The Illuminati Bensons met with U.S. President Dwight David Eisenhower.

--Eisenhower was a Communist and/or a Communist dupe, as declared by Mormon Church Illuminati leader, Ezra Taft Benson.

If you don't have your food storage by now, it's too late.

Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2013 05:47PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 09:04AM

It's a modern mythology. I think it's kind of fascinating how this sweeping tale was created without a lick of evidence for any of it, and a surprising number of people are fervent believers. I imagine them watching this stuff late at night on YouTube, wringing their hands. lol

Date: August 18, 2013 09:08AM

"'Comprehensive Guide to the Illuminati, the Conspiracy Theory That Connects Jay-Z and Queen Elizabeth'

"Why did Jay-Z and Beyoncé name their kid 'Blue Ivy'? What was the deal with Madonna's Super Bowl halftime show? Why did Whitney Houston die? Some people might say that "famous people are weird and sad" is the answer to all three questions. But no, the answer is: The Illuminati. Who? Allow us to explain.

"Note: to best service our readers, we've divided this guide into two sections — first, the believer's guide; second, the skeptic's guide.
_____

"The Believer's Guide

"What is the Illuminati?

"The Illuminati is an ancient and shadowy group of elites who control nearly every aspect of life on this planet — from finance and government to religion and culture.

"Who is in the Illuminati?

"The Illuminati is made up of the world's political and financial elite, and also, rappers. Theoretically, membership rolls are kept secret, but most YouTube intellectuals agree that the following people are members:

"Barack Obama
the Pope
Queen Elizabeth II
George Soros
Ben Bernanke
George W. Bush
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Rihanna
Bob Dylan
Beyoncé
Lady Gaga
Jim Carrey
Willow Smith

"What do the Illuminati do?

"Oh, you know, conspiracy stuff. Assassinations, currency manipulation, Super Bowl halftime shows. All executed through puppet institutions and groups like the Federal Reserve, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Freemasons and Def Jam Recordings. And all carefully controlled and hidden to ensure that their meddling in world affairs will remain secret.

"This is sounding more plausible by the minute. What's the end goal of the Illuminati?

"The end goal of the Illuminati is to establish a one-world authoritarian government known as the 'New World Order.'

" . . . and then?

"Here, theories differ. Some of the internet's finest minds, writing on scholarly websites like 'Yahoo Answers,' believe that forced conversion to homosexuality will be a top agenda item in the 'New World Order.' Others claim the first order of business will be to round all non-Illuminati up into FEMA camps, possibly as part of a deal struck with aliens in Roswell. Many, if not most, experts believe that the 'New World Order' will be a front for the rise of the Antichrist.

"The Antichrist?

"Yes. The Illuminati is made up of Satanists.

"Even the Pope?

"I can see how it's confusing. The Pope is actually a Satanist, just like Jay-Z and the Queen of England. (He might even be the Antichrist.) In fact, the whole Catholic Church is just a continuation of Babylonian paganism, didn't you know? They keep demons trapped inside the Pentagon, which is why it's, you know, pentagonal.

"Okay. How can I tell who's in the Illuminati?

"I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but prominent Illuminati members frequently flag their Illuminati connections. Like how in Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' video, there's that goat head-shaped star formation? Or have you ever seen Jay-Z's video for 'On to the Next One'? It has a goat skull in it. Goats, bro.

"Goat heads are an Illuminati symbol?

"Goat heads represents Baphomet, the goat-headed god beloved by 19th-century occultists. It's not the only weird occult reference in "On to the Next One." The creepy guy with the crow, Jay throwing devil horns, the, uh, actual Masonic symbol — all of Hov's (that's right: Hov) videos are filled with Illuminati and occult symbolism. So are Lady Gaga's: that pink triangle and unicorn that you thought was some campy gay reference? Actually symbols of the immaculate conception of a new order of humanity. So are Kanye's videos, especially 'Power.'

"But how will the Illuminati possibly pull off their plan for secret world domination if they're constantly advertising their own existence?

"Hey! Did I tell you about Madonna's Super Bowl halftime show?

"Ooh, no, tell me.

"It was obviously a Satantic ritual. The color scheme was red and black. She had horns on her helmet. The show happened within 48 hours of the full moon. Her male dancers formed a pyramid, a Masonic symbol. It ended with the phrase 'World Peace'--as in, 'New World Order Peace.' And LMFAO was there.

"LMFAO is Illuminati?

"Can you think of any other reason for their success?

"But why would the Illuminati hold a Satanic ritual during the biggest television even of the year?

"To celebrate the upcoming assassination of Whitney Houston.

"Jay-Z and Beyoncé's Daughter Is Almost Definitely Illuminati

"Why did Jay-Z and Beyoncé name their daughter Blue Ivy?

"Possibly because they are exceedingly wealthy celebrities for whom the act of procreation is…

"The Illuminati killed Whitney Houston? But . . . why?

"For two reasons: one, to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth, and two, to make room in the Illuminati for Blue Ivy Carter.

"Who else have the Illuminati killed?

"Oh, you name it--J.F.K., 2Pac, Bob Marley, Michael Jackson. Heath Ledger's death was a ritualistic sacrifice. Aaliyah was killed by Dame Dash so he could become famous.

"Wow. That makes sense.

"I know. And there's stuff we haven't even covered!

"There's stuff we haven't covered?

"Just a couple, things, like the Bilderberg Group, reptoids, clockwork elves, the Greys, the Rosicrucians, the Knights Templar and Planet X.

"I really feel like I've learned a lot from this guide. Where can I learn more about the Illuminati?

"I highly recommend reading the very factual 'Behold a Pale Horse' and 'The Biggest Secret'--but you can also find a lot of information on such rigorous and learned websites as 'Godlike Productions,' 'Vigilant Citizen,' 'Above Top Secret' and 'Prison Planet,' the website of Austin radio host Alex Jones. Finally, of course, a great deal of important information is distributed on Twitter, YouTube, and Yahoo Answers.
_____

"The Skeptic's Guide

"What is the Illuminati?

"A defunct German secret society of freethinkers, humanists and Enlightenment academics, founded in 1776 and infiltrated and shut down by Bavarian authorities about a decade later.

"There hasn't been an Illuminati in 200 years?

"Well, it's been in use as a conspiracy theory ever since it was first founded, mostly by monarchists, right-wingers and religious Christians looking for explanations as to why things aren't going their way.

"So, who believes in the Illuminati?

"Generally speaking, Ron Paul voters, people who are in militias, washed-up rappers, teenage R&B fans on Twitter and that one guy from high school who is always posting links to Erowid 'experiences' to Facebook.

"That's kind of a broad range of people, isn't it?

"Yeah. Weird, huh?

"I don't get it. If it's this right-wing Christian conspiracy, how do rappers start believing in it?

"That's kind of the million-dollar question. Columbia professor Marc Lamont Hill says that conspiracy theories are a natural response by African-Americans to their disenfranchisement: 'There have always been questions and conspiracies about the structure and nature of power by African-Americans, and naturally those questions have made their way into hip-hop,' he told the 'Philadelphia Weekly' in 2010. '[In the 1990s] people were going to black book stores . . . and buying books like 'Behold a Pale Horse' . . . They were talking about the Illuminati and the Rothschilds and Bilderbergs.'

"So, Alex Jones and Prodigy were reading the same f****d-up conspiracy books? That's wild, man. . . . This is pretty nuts. Can I read more about it somewhere?

"Yeah--here's a good 'Philadelphia Weekly' story about the rap Illuminati phenomenon. Here's a 'Slate' column about pop music and Illuminati. Here's an 'XXL' timeline of Illuminati references in rap music. The 'New Yorker' has a really awesome long article about conspiracy theories in America from 1995, but it's subscriber only. 'Animal' has been tracking the Illuminati for years. And this was my favorite book when I was in high school, though it's unfortunately out of print. Oh, and dude, you have to read 'Foucault's Pendulum.' And the 'Illuminatus! trilogy!'

"Yo, while we're here, can we talk about reptoids?

"No."

("A Comprehensive Guide to the Illuminati, the Conspiracy Theory That Connects Jay-Z and Queen Elizabeth," by Max Read, 28 February 2012, at:
http://gawker.com/5886988/a-comprehensive-guide-to-the-illuminati-the-conspiracy-theory-that-connects-jay+z-and-queen-elizabeth)
_____

Oh, and did you know that the Illuminati moved their international headquarters from Bavaria to Kolob in 1820?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2013 09:21AM by steve benson.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 10:35AM

steve benson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh, and did you know that the Illuminati moved
> their international headquarters from Bavaria to
> Kolob in 1820?

I did not know that.

........ but I did know about how the local (Salt Lake City) S.R.A. believers ended up at odd with the local Galactic Federation believers. Does that count for anything? I thought it was more humorous than most Illuminati stories that I had heard.....

Repost (with slight refinements/ improvements) Doug Millar was a member of the Ted Gunderson SRA Brigade.

When ELizabeth Smart turned up missing, June 2002, Doug came to SLC and set up shop to try to capitalize on the Smart abduction /situation.

Doug hooked up with an already established local group, I dont recall their exact chosen name, but I call them the Galactic Federation people. Their leader was a former Mormon named Jim cant recall his last name right now. They were already holding regular meetings, one every week during the evening in the hospitality room at a prominent local restaurant business located on state street.

The GFers were essentially Trekkies gone even more insane
- people who cant tell the difference between reality and fantasy. People who watched Battle Star Galactica on TV and thought it was real/ a documentary. The GFers believed that the earth was on the verge of thermo nuclear apocalypse / annihilation but the GF intervened, contacted the heads of state around the world and warned them to not proceed with the nuclear halocaust, and that the GF Currently maintains a fleet of 27 satellite space stations that orbit the earth constantly monitoring world affairs to prevent nuclear war and mandating peace on earth. The GF maintains contact with world leaders as it maintains control of earth affairs. This situation is a held as a secret to the general public, but the GFers know !
I realize now that this GFer group also had some very strong Scientology type strains running through it.

Millar wholesale took over the GFers meetings, (presenting his SRA propaganda and hyping the Liz Smart abduction as proof that SRA was going on) which was alright with GFers since nothing much had been happening on the GF front, ie there had not been any new episodes of the latest spin off of Star Trek/Battle Stargalatica / bablyon 9 whatever for quite some time and things were getting a little stale for them. The liz Smart deal proved to be something to energize things for them.

Running in the wake of the Smart situation's ongoing publicity, Doug Millar dramatically increased the attendance of the GFer meetings, (drawing in some of the most radical lunatics in Utah), which had become the Doug Millar SRA meetings.
The group leaders and key followers came to the inevitable *OBVIOUS* conclusion that Liz Smart had been murdered, sacrificed by the secret evil Satan worshipping core of the MORmON church hierarchy, in an SRA style ritual to dedicate the new Nauvoo temple. Subsequent meetings went on to reinforce the *validity* of this conclusion.

This *conclusion* ultimately met with problems, as the meetings were still going on, when smart turned up alive in the spring of 2003.

There were some very Joe Smith / MORmON style explanations offered as to why Liz Smart really had been killed in an SRA event as earlier *concluded*, even though Smart appeared to have survived while she was missing, since She was back and observed to be alive. These *explanations* trailed off into a (previously) unknown/undisclosed identical twin theories and such, and then begin to incorporate the involvement of alien abduction -which helps *explain* a lot when *explaining* starts to get difficult. .........BUT WAIT A MINUTE!!!! the alien space ships orbiting the earth were supposed to be GOOD, NOT EVIL! This ended up leading to a huge ideological schism and then a huge fracture in the group, between the SRA new comers and the older establishment GFers who had to hold to the notion that aliens were good/peacemakers.

The group broke up into several splinters, which then dis solved. SRA could not kill Liz Smart, but it did deal a death blow to the local GFer /UFO believer quasi scientologist chapter and their meeting group. DOug Millar, and Jim both moved out of town as things crumbled.

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 06:33PM

My opinion is that the Galactic Federation is a program, similar to the religious program or any other distracting belief system to occupy the sheep.

Sheep are getting more saavy and old traditional religions aren't cutting it.....enter new and improved belief systems.
Step right up, there's a belief for everyone.

Posted by: mr michael ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:49PM

7 WARNING! WARNING!! WARNING!!! If you
do not want to join the Illuminati do not
read this message. Rules * You must be
above 18 years of age. * You must have full
access to the internet. * You must not
discuss the secret of the Illuminati to
anyone. * We are not interested in anyone
who has obtained their knowledge about
the Illuminati based on what they%u2019ve
HEARD from Mass Media (News or
Performing Arts), Conspiracy Theorists
(Amateur or Professional Authors or
Speculators), Internet Rumors, or other
HERESY. * Once you join the Illuminati within
one week of your membership you will
achieved the greatest goal in life and also
have wealth and fame. * No one discard the
message of the GREAT ILLUMINATI if
discarded the person will be tormented
both day and night. * Failure to compel to
the order and rules of the GREAT ILLUMINATI
shall see your fame and riches taken back. *
The money ALWAYS flows TOWARDS
Illuminati members...And AWAY from NON
Illuminati members... One of the rules of the
Illuminati is "We don't talk about the
Illuminati" so I can't say too much about it
here. If you are truly interested email us
with michaelosemoahu@gmail.com or +2347013136793

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 06:31PM

This was very funny:

And LMFAO was there.

"LMFAO is Illuminati?

"Can you think of any other reason for their success?

Hahaha, I wondered who put LMFAO in the music scene and now I know! It’s not from pure talent that’s for sure, but I thought record producer must have given his nephew a break.

“The Taft family (which is also related to George Bush [and Ezra Taft Benson] by blood) and the Harriman family are two families that have been intimately connected to the 'Skull and Bones Order' (which is an entry point into the Illuminati and on the surface just an exclusive fraternity)."

What do Mormon genealogy records say? Is your bloodline related to Bush or not?

I like the name Illuminati. It has a pretty ring to it….kind of like the word Evangelical.

I think people might jump to the Mormon - illuminati conclusion because the Bavarian illuminati was disgruntled toward the masons of that time (if I recollect correctly). They drew a lot of masons into their group.

Slightly after that time-frame JS entered the masons only to quickly exit and plagiarize it in his temple stuff and because of that some have connected the 2 time frames together.
I think that even a few apologists (although please don’t make me look up their names) claim that God wanted to correct the Masonic info and chose Smith for that task and that the Mormon temple corrected masonic stuff under guidance of God. To excuse or validate or boost the legitimacy of JS plagiarism apologists might try to draw connections, but do they have proof? I don’t see it myself and haven’t seen anything yet to validate it. Have some of the masonic experts checked their history and found anything to support that?

What I do see in the original Mormon hub is a group of opportunists who gleaned tidbits from anywhere they could to create a belief system, church and temple – one of those being the masons. I wouldn’t be surprised if the JS group knew something about the Bavarian group, but did the Bavarian ex-mason faction look to JS and his group as an American branch? Is there any proof indicating that? Do any names from that group pop up in early Mormon membership records?
I think JS initial desire to be the president of the USA and eventually control the world as its king and prophet came about from a raging psycho super-ego for control, power and world dominance. He wanted the control and power originating from HIS foundation as the most true restored system of which he was the leader, and it seems doubtful that he’d want to share that spotlight with another group. He and his cohorts were all about assimilating through conversion and missionary work and that’s a brief nutshell opinion of why I don’t think the 2 have a linked connection.

I recall seeing a picture of GWBush doing the masonic/Mormon handshake with Monson,

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6fT1dQK0Sx0/TjcN28tyGKI/AAAAAAAABNo/USJIGdXwYqA/s640/LDS%2BGadianton%2BHandshake%2B001.jpg&imgrefurl=http://dcnewsman.blogspot.com/2011/05/president-thomas-monson-o-j-simpson.html&h=1600&w=1305&sz=236&tbnid=WptNkp1GV3_cMM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=73&zoom=1&usg=__p_Jr-Tqg5H9UpGXD6WbnPqK0mek=&docid=iy35hKpHq_ByHM&sa=X&ei=sEwRUunrE4a6iwL_qIHoDQ&ved=0CDQQ9QEwAg&dur=310

which indicates that the president of the USA knew the prophet Monsons secret temple symbols, and that Monson is something else for divulging his sacred Mormon temple symbols, and that it’s all a Mormon farce, but what more could be inferred from that?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2013 07:20PM by joan.

Posted by: Thomas S.Monson ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 06:36PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 07:14PM

why are the illiterati always spouting B.S. about the illuminati ?

Date: August 18, 2013 07:20PM

"The [actual Illuminati] movement was founded on May 1, 1776, in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria) as the Order of the Illuminati, with an initial membership of five, by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt (d. 1830), who was the first lay professor of canon law at the University of Ingolstadt. . . .

"The goals of the organization included trying to eliminate . . . the Roman Catholic Church's domination over government, philosophy, and science . . . . The group has also been called the Bavarian Illuminati and its ideology has been called "Illuminism". . . .

"In 1777, Karl Theodor became ruler of Bavaria. . . . [H]is government banned all secret societies including the Illuminati. Internal rupture and panic over succession preceded its downfall. A March 2, 1785 government edict 'seems to have been deathblow to the Illuminati in Bavaria'" Weishaupt had fled and documents and internal correspondences, seized in 1786 and 1787, were subsequently published by the government in 1787. . . .

"Several recent and present-day fraternal organizations claim to be descended from the original Bavarian Illuminati and openly use the name 'Illuminati.' . . . However, there is no evidence that these present-day groups have amassed significant political power or influence, and they promote unsubstantiated links to the Bavarian Illuminati as a means of attracting membership instead of trying to remain secret. . . .

"There is no evidence that the original Bavarian Illuminati survived its suppression in 1785. However, writers such as Mark Dice, David Icke, Texe Marrs, Jüri Lina and Morgan Gricar have argued that the Bavarian Illuminati survived, possibly to this day. Many of these theories propose that world events are being controlled and manipulated by a secret society calling itself the Illuminati. . . Conspiracy theorists have claimed that many notable people were or are members of the Illuminati. Presidents of the United States are a common target for such claims."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2013 07:27PM by steve benson.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 11:14PM

Thanks for all the great info steve. :)

I'd enjoy hearing your personal views on the role and works of the Rotschild bankers and their apparatchiks (Bilderbergers, Rockefellers, CFR, EEU. Zionists, Masons etc.) in recent history, including the careers of Meyer Amschel Rotschild and his descendants in the current world scene.

Date: August 18, 2013 11:18PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 04:28AM by steve benson.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 06:00AM

It must be challenging to practice political journalism today. I can sympathize. Mainstream media is read by mainstream Americans, with middle of the road sensibilities. And there is pressure from TPTB to stay in bounds of acceptable dialogue.

I hope someday you can publish all your toons that didn't make print.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 10:30AM

Wait, are you saying that Conspiracy Theories are just a bunch of nonsense made up by disenfranchised people to try to explain why they never made it big?

One of the things I noticed early on was that the real key to success is social skills and networking. If you lack social skills, and are unable/unwilling to network, you are probably not going to make it big, not matter how smart, strong, or good looking you may be. This is almost always why conspiracy theories revolve around institutions that involve social networking. "Man, all these powerful people were Masons, there must be a secret Masonic conspiracy" makes more sense when you are a struggling, then "gee, a lot of famous people were Masons. I wonder if joining clubs, attending social events, and engaging in fun group activities is an effective way to meet people who help advance your career?"

I also heard that the most effective thing you can do to get ahead, is to go out to a popular local bar on a Friday night, because it allows you to meet, befriend, and network with a wide range of people. That's probably not what is really going on though. The local Honkey Tonk is probably part of the Illuminati.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 10:36AM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: Done! ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 11:16AM

Steve,

I opened the links you posted of you and your illuminated grandfather. Are you tracking my phone now? Can you see my tinfoil hat yet?

Date: August 19, 2013 01:04PM

Date: August 19, 2013 01:52PM

Face in tinfoil hat is my preference when receiving revelation.

Date: August 19, 2013 02:01PM

. . . blah, blah, blah-blah.

One of my favorite Mormon hymns. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 02:04PM by steve benson.

Posted by: lurker below ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 02:19PM

is this mormon/illuminati connection thing new? Never heard about it until I started lurking here and I thought I had heard every conspiracy out there. From Nibiru to the grassy knoll. Now it's popping up all over this board and I'm left wondering if everyone is listening to Glenn Beck and his ilk.

Date: August 19, 2013 02:22PM

That youtube video cracks me up. Tits!

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:51PM

This kind of post is exactly what I would have expected from an Illuminati plant.

Nice try.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:51PM

Date: January 26, 2015 06:09PM

Posted by: flyindoc ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 09:13PM

Grandpa worked with church security during the Lee/Kimball presidencies. There wasn't much in the way of Illuminutty reports. His favorite stories to share had a common theme of how "the GAs are just like us" e.g. finding a lost Kimball in the tunnels. Some of his GA friends from his home state would make their way down to his basement office where they would sit and talk while eating hamburgers.

Flash forward a few decades, another family member (local PD that has to deal with chruch security) told a brother interested in church security, "you had better have a strong testimony if you want to work with them." I need to get additional details from him.

What's your perspective regarding GA personalities today versus 30-40 years ago?

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 03:35AM

Why they believe is more fascinating than what they believe. Mormons seem to be enthralled by conspiracy theories more than other people I've met. Some of them can go on for hours about the (fictional) Illuminati, Trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations, Kitchen Cabinet, One Worlders, Majestic 12, Greys, Pleiadians, Reptilians, Hollow Earth, HAARP, Men In Black, Black Helicopters, and don't forget the secret concentration camps in the desert where everyone is brainwashed. Fluoridated water destroyed society in the 1960s and 1970s and now free vaccinations are used to inject mind altering microchips into children to control their minds, make them spy on their parents, and brainwash them to believe in global warming so they will accept the future One World Government run by the Smoking Man from the "X-Files"...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 04:05AM by anybody.

Posted by: Alex de Gaston ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 12:25PM

I used to be a believer in those Conspiracy theories. Now keep in mind this was all before the year 2000 when I discovered that the Book of Mormon was fiction. And what got me started on that path was that I read voraciously several Ezra Taft Benson books on civic matters the year he became president of the LDS church. If any of you have read his books exhaustively then I think you'd understand why its easy for someone TBM to be easily sympathetic to what the John Birch Society stood for in the 1980s. Also at the time the coverups regarding the 1983 KAL 007 shootdown (i.e. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007#Revised_ICAO_report_.281993.29 ) certainly didn't hinder belief in conspiracy theories. I doubt now that the Soviets knew that a US congressman who was Chairman of the John Birch Society was one of the passengers aboard that airplane which was shot down by Major Genadi Osipovich, pilot of the Su-15 interceptor for the Soviet Air Force.

So I was a card carrying member of the John Birch Society. I went to a JBS summer camp a few times. And at BYU before my mission I was in the College Americans club (essentially the John Birch Society on campus) and served as their President for a while. Then at age 19 while on my mission I came to the opinion that the best way to spread the truth was to first get people into the church as honestly and forthrightly as possible. Thus when I got home I never again was as actively involved in politics/civics as I had been while in my first 2 years of college. Yet I was still a sympathist for the JBS thanks to my "Ezra Taft Benson" view of the world which I held because IMO he was God's true prophet on earth.

Once I came to realize that the BoM was fiction then this whole foundation of why I had been a sympathist for the JBS came crashing down.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 01:37PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.