Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 11:41PM

DW and I just watched a DVD of David Garrett, likely the best violinist I've ever heard. Cool concert from 2012 in Berlin. Amazing, and it sounded great on my old Advent speakers and looked awesome on our widescreen Sony.

I know I've reached an age when I cry at Walmart grand openings, but man. It was SO moving.

But my point is this: Not once. Not one.single.time. did I ever walk out of a temple session anywhere nearly as moved. Never. And yet I would hear at FTM how the temple was such a "spiritual experience." And I would always wonder: Is there something wrong with me?

Nope. Nothing wrong here. It's just that the temple is a bunch of ripped of weirdness. And things like David Garrett concerts are truly "inspired."

Rant off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 11:52PM

No way...... The temple experience is in no way spiritual.... the only people that get emotional at the temple, are those who are sitting there dwelling on an emotional situation from their lives. You can go sit in your closet and think about your emotional situations, and get just as worked up.

There was a crazy lady from my mission who had a celestial room in her house..... no one could go in....but the missionaries and those she deemed "worthy."

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 11:54PM

I cried at Vince Ggill and Carrie Underwood's song "How Great Thou Art." Oh my gosh...it was wonderful.

Posted by: rgrraymond ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 12:12AM

I can be moved when watching The Waltons. That dose not mean that Waltons is the only true mountain or that JohnBoy is the one and only true and living prophet.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 12:22AM

How *dare* you blaspheme the holy name of JohnBoy?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.