Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 02:46PM

think back to the Temple ritual

When Satan is asked what the heck he's doing, he replies "only that which has been done in previous worlds."

So Satan had previous knowledge of what happened in previous versions of the exaltation cycle.

this raises the enormous question:

Satan could have easily ruined the whole plan of salvation. THE WHOLE OF CREATION would have been for nought if Satan had simply not tempted Eve.

Satan knew that the Fall was a necessary and good thing. It was an essential part of Gods plan. He knew because of what had happened in previous worlds, plus he was in on the debate where the plan was presented in the pre-existence.

All he had to do was nothing, nobody would have ever been born and God would have been hooped. He knew this, yet he tempted Eve anyway.

Dimtwit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 03:16PM

Another curious part of that same dialogue is that he says to God "if thou cursest me for doing that which has been done on other worlds..."

So was it okay before this time? Why is it wrong this time?
Is this scenario played out by the same personnel as on other worlds, or is it like Mormon teachings that say we'll have our own worlds, meaning that each new god will have the same plan for saving his children?

Considering the tale of Job, it is also likely that he and God were in on it the whole time, playing it out for the sole purpose of convincing Adam that he had done something wrong.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 04:27PM

Reminds me of the movie "Bedazzled" when God and Satan are playing Chess together.

Posted by: doubtisavirtue ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 03:17PM

I think a better conclusion is not that Satan is a dimwit, but that Mormonism is completely incoherent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 03:18PM by doubtisavirtue.

Date: August 17, 2013 03:32PM

The whole Satan tempting Eve and causing the fall is a huge logical flaw in the theology.

amongst other things...

Posted by: Satan ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 03:19PM

I'm getting sick of all the Satan-bashing on the board this week. First off, I didn't write the garbage temple script. My actual response was "Just chillin,...". And as for "only what was done in previous worlds"...it's simple; Daddy makes an imperfect world full of imperfect beings--then gets mad at them for some petty reason, and tries to kill them all off within a generation or two (flood, fire, famine, pestilence, etc). One of his freeloading buddies (angels) or I point out how irrational this is, and so he storms off in a huff and ignores it for the rest of eternity. A weekend or two later, he has a couple beers, tries it again, "only it's *really* gonna work this time". I was just out for shits and giggles. Eve could have eaten the whole damned tree if he hadn't been in one of his control-freak moods. So I'm in the doghouse, he puts Big Bro in charge of salvation for all mankind---and we can all see how well *that* has worked out.

BTW--All the other Gods make fun of him behind his back at the Deities conventions.

Posted by: jonathantech ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 03:27PM

I like this version, it makes sense :)

Posted by: myantonia ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 03:32PM

Right on, Stan! :))

Date: August 17, 2013 03:33PM

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 03:37PM

Not only do the other gods make fun of him, but his wife left him after that whole drown the kids thing with Noah. Yeah, not only was that whole multiple wives thing a pathetic fantasy, he doesn't even have one.

She's planning to file for divorce, but do you have any idea how hard it is to find a good lawyer in the CK? I, on the other hand, could take care of her legal problems in a heartbeat, but do I get any respect around here? Noooooo. Idjits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 03:38PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 03:27PM

hehehe. That's funny...

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 05:01PM

Supposedly Satan was one of the great ones who fell, yet he is too stupid to realize that tempting people is a required part of the "Plan of Salvation".

If Satan was smart, he would ignore Earth altogether. Let God find some other way of fucking with people, i.e removing their memory of why they are on Earth then tempting them with things they are programmed to seek after, then punishing them for being human.

Of course once you remember it's all a lie, you don't need to try and make sense of it.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 05:32PM

In my TBM days, it always confused me that Satan would so willingly play an essential role in "the plan of salvation."

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 05:10PM

Even considering how things are now, according to Mormons, couldn't he just fuck up the plan for the rest of God's children yet to be born by not tempting them? Suddenly, all agency is gone, banishing everyone from heaven since they aren't being tested and making covenants, etc.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 06:45PM

This is a variation on an old joke.

Masochist: hit me! Hit me!

Sadist: no.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 05:35PM

It's true. If Satan had any sense at all he would have said something like:

"If thou cursest me for admitting my plan was wrong and doing exactly what thou wanted me to do to make your plan even possible in the first place, then I will go sit in a corner and not tempt a single soul ever again, thus making free agency impossible."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 05:38PM by kimball.

Date: August 17, 2013 06:24PM

Has an apologist addressed this?

Has an intelligent TBM come up with a plausible solution?

Has the prophet sought revelation...sorry, couldn't finish that sentence without laughing.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 06:38PM

The official LDS INC *scholarly* reply ( AS IF any of the CRAP in the STUPID LDS temple ceremony has enough merit to be truly concerned with) to this is that God was going to offer the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to Adam and Eve himself. Satan was being a usurper by stepping in for God and doing it ahead of schedule, but then again, God still has to be blamed for leaving enough leeway in His divine scheduling and / or not tending His creation carefully enough that Satan could have the chance to do jump in there and pull off this meddling.

STUPID ASS Elohim /God !

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 06:43PM

God, being omnipotent, was intentionally waiting for the opportunity to throw Satan out on his ass and give him all the blame. The sad thing is, Satan keeps sticking around making free agency possible for everyone by given them "knowledge of good and evil," and God keeps trying to take their free agency away by manipulating them into joining and staying in his church by withholding information.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 11:41PM

Yeah, he's a dimtwit. And you make a good point, OP. But, honestly, he was a good-looking hottie and I didn't care about his politics. (Although, I understand there is a whole new Temple film now - but nobody has taken the time here on RfM to evaluate the "hotness" of the new Satan).

'Nuff said." ha!

;o)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.