Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 05:17AM

Stuck in the past, arrogant and only now starting to appreciate that the market, competitors and consumers have long moved on. Now they're desperately trying to play catch up by latching on to Facebook and other social media.

That's what you get when you're led by a bunch of octogenarians who are resistant to change and feel that they are the only ones that are inspired by God...(so just imagine how difficult it must be for the expensive PR agencies to get people like Packer on board with anything).

The major difference between Kodak & TSCC (and which will ultimately ensure their survival) is that they have a captive audience who will continue to believe and comsume no matter what. This means a constant multi-$bn revenue steam regardless. This would be the equivalent of Kodak having a core group of millions of customers that will doggedly keep using 35mm cameras and buying film even though everyone else has moved to digital.

This core group of zealots will keep buying film even if 'Kodak' keeps raising prices and produces increasingly inferior products. There would probably also be paid apologists employed to convince customers that their product is the best and that anyone who listens to the arguments of moving to digital is just crazy, misguided and was probably offended.

Sometimes it's best to just admit that a once popular product has become irrelevant, expensive and unpalatable. There's cheaper and far better alternatives out there if you look beyond the glossy sales brochure and tired sales pitch. In fact many would attest that life is better without the product that is religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: victoria ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 08:09AM

I loved your analogy. Your final line is the perfect summation.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 08:15AM

The big difference is that Kodak had a viable product at one time.
MORmONISM has NEVER had anything!!! except hyped up CRAP!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSMqp1sU49U

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 05:55PM by lucky.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 10:38AM

My TBM niece posted this on FB last year:

"The Church could really turn around this economic crisis. They really know how to handle financial affairs."

Let's see here:

Free salespersons
No taxes
All customers give 10% of their earnings and more
Free custodians to clean the store

I could run a lucrative biz with these perks anyday...

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 05:43PM

breedumyung Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My TBM niece posted this on FB last year:
>
> "The Church could really turn around this economic
> crisis. They really know how to handle financial
> affairs."

REALLY ? REALLY!!!

And WHAT did Brigham Young REALLY do when faced with an economic crisis in Zion Utah?

He SUSPENDED TITHING IN ZION UTAH ! When it came right down to it, when the people of Zion Utah faced devastating economic peril en mass (largely due to Profit Brigham's OWN dealings), the mighty Profit of the Lord knew that he better back off the parasitic action of "THE" church with its requirement for tithing in order to remedy things INSTEAD OF relying on the supposed law of God and the blessings that supposedly come from paying tithing!!!!!! Brigham Young understood that the ONLY blessings from tithing were blessings that went to him just as the money was paid to him. His flock had already been fleeced, any more taking from them would be devastating, because there are no magic blessings from paying tithing! BUT THIS STORY WILL NEVER BE BROUGHT UP IN ANY LDS INC LESSON OR CONFERENCE TALK!!!! NEVER!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwkFavjPsdE

And what did the divinely guided financial *geniuses* of LDS Inc of more recent times REALLY do, with Mighty PRofit Gordon BS Hinckley at the helm ? -They BANKRUPTED their own financial investment institution, Beneficial Financial, by (UN NECESSARY) dabbling in high risk investments. This would be the equivalent of their killing their own goose that lays golden eggs, by giving it tainted feed that they bought at a super low price to make even more money. NICE MOVE, MORmONS !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FCO2Px_oaU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBvh-ijsoAU

Sorry, but Your niece
sounds like a REAL MORmON, just as anybody would when they start talking about how LDS INC handles money so wisely.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 05:49PM by lucky.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 06:54PM

breedumyung Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's see here:
>
> Free salespersons
> No taxes
> All customers give 10% of their earnings and more
> Free custodians to clean the store

You are the monopoly supplier of their underwear.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 11:48AM

One could also compare them to the Republican Party.

Stuck in the past, and thinking that watering down is the enemy.

America have become browner, and to LDS Inc, less delightsome.

America has moved on. They have not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 11:48AM by deco.

Posted by: Dave in Long Beach ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 01:42PM

I think the real problem is that in Utah and environs, everyone still uses 35 mm and always will. The only way they will really know that they are behind the times is when there are viable alternatives behind the Zion Curtain. I'd say it will take 75% non-Mormons in Utah for the sheep to finally wake up.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 01:49PM

I Love the analysis that RfM publishes, it's reflective of thinking that Just Doesn't Happen in the upper-circles of Morland.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 01:55PM

You have to admit that Kodachrome was, and still is beautiful, although I really like Agfachrome, too.

Maybe I should be a Lutheran?

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 02:16PM

As a Utah Ex-Mormon, I'm having trouble finding the new product. It's the "chicken and the egg" thing, are there so few churches of other denominations because everyone in Utah is Mormon, or is everyone in Utah still attending a Mormon church because it's the only church in their neighborhood.

I've seen posters on this board state that they are still attending TSCC because they want to raise their children in what they perceive to be a safe environment. They've read enough horrendous posts to know that, that is not always true, but where is the alternative?

I'm going to travel the length of the Salt Lake Valley tomorrow to try out one more church. Even if I like it will I be able to make that trip in the Winter?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 02:25PM

releve:

Pls keep us informed as to what U discover.

Posted by: Cokeisoknowdrinker ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 06:39PM

Irony............too funny

Kodak is run by Mormons?... discuss- can some check this out?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephen-mansfield/the-mormonizing-of-americ_b_2083125.html

"Meanwhile, more than a dozen Mormons sat in the US Congress, among them Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader. Mormons led JetBlue, American Express, Marriott, Novell, Deloitte and Touche, Diebold, and Eastman Kodak. Management guru Stephen Covey made millions telling them how to lead even better."

Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 11:21PM

Eastman Kodak once had an LDS CEO. Key Whitmore presided over Eastman Kodak at the latter stages of its zenith. The number of Kodakers (employees) reached its peak during his tenure. Whitmore refused to abandon Kodak's film business while the firm had time and resources to survive in other business lines. Conversely, he also prolonged decisions about layoffs that most businesses made in the same economic conditions. When succeeding CEOs brought in from outside the company began purging the company over losing businesses and less productive employees, an unrecoverable spiral had already begun.

Posted by: joesmithsleftteste ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 06:44PM

I like the analogy. Did you know that Kodak invented the digital camera in 1975? They failed to predict that such cameras would become relevant and it ended up virtually running them out of business. So inability to predict the future in ways that make it so their actions today do them serious harm in the future is another element that I think is relevant to your metaphor.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.