Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nerdfighter ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 12:56AM

I have a "friend" on facebook who attends the ward I used to go to.

He posted this on his wall-
"God Bless NJ for doing the right thing! They are prolonging an immoral choice. While they should be allowed to live, they need to be taught that the gene doesn't exist, it's all in the mind. After all we see what happens to people who are afflicted by problems of the mind, the end up on America's Most Wanted. I don't mind them thinking incorrectly, everyone does that, I mind them demeaning genetics and making it suit their legal and immoral wants."

Does anyone know what he is talking about? Is this a homophobic rant or just a nonrelated political rant?

p.s. I really should unfriend this guy but some of his posts are just too entertaining.

-DFTBA-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 01:45AM by nerdfighter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earlyrm ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 01:12AM

This topic is officially NOT OT. Also, mormonsandgays.org, an official LDS site (c) Intellectual Reserve, is down. Maybe they're getting flack for it? I dunno. Check google's cached version of it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:IIbNHec2eacJ:www.mormonsandgays.org/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

Posted by: nerdfighter ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 01:45AM

But what does this have to do with New Jersey? Does anyone know what this guy is talking about? I tried google but I might be too tired to use it properly. I agree it isn't off topic if this rant is a homophobic one.

-DFTBA-

Posted by: Dave in Long Beach ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 01:49PM

In the LA Times they mentioned that New Jersey was considering legalizing gay marriage. It sounds like they took a vote and decided not to and your Mormon "friend" is exultant. And also addlebrained. Most gay-haters at least don't pretend it's "all in the mind."

Posted by: kappanjoe ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 04:39AM

Many of the other church sites are down for 'maintenance.' Probably no real reason that it's down.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 03:33PM

"Although we should be "allowed" to live..."?? OH, how FREAKING generous. Let me kiss your shoes to thank you. Forgive us for soiling the Legal and Moral utopia which is New Jersey. Mea Culpa Snookie. Mea Maxima Culpa Situation. If there's anything demeaning to genetics, it's that fucktards like you evolved fingers so that you can type crap like that. Do us all a favor and go get an operation to end your genetic line.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 04:38PM

+ a million. And you have me howling with laughter.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 05:30PM

Posted by: agrazingmace ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 05:15PM

go hervey!! :-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.