Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrsostrike ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 11:51PM

Well THAT was fun... my heart is racing right now. My doorbell rang, I'm not expecting anyone. I answered the door in my tank top and there stands two sister missionaries. I said "Is there a reason you're arriving at my house unannounced at 8:45pm?" the girls were like "Oh we're new to the ward and we just wanted to say hi." I said "Oh that's great, did you get my resignation from the church?" Their faces completely changed. "Oh..did you talk to the bishop? Or send a letter?" I said "Yup...I'd like to not be contacted again." and they said "Ohhh... ok" and I shut the door. I'm sure they are lovely young ladies..but my heart is racing right now...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 11:52PM

Well done ! Heart is racing? Take a deep breath... or two!
It's OK. You took care of business in a polite civil manner!

Posted by: suzanne ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 11:59PM

Ugh. How unsettling! You know, some day it won't even register in yr mind that you had a tank top on when a Mormon drops by. You will get there! Good for you for being civil and firm!

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 12:01AM

Yay! You handled that brilliantly! Good job.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 12:04AM

Ok, imagine droping by a person's home whom you do not know, at 8:45 at night! I mean, who does this and how rude?!?!

You did the right thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 12:05AM by wine country girl.

Posted by: decieved for years ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 12:25AM

My syphathy's for being put in that crappy situation. I just went through the same thing a couple nights ago with a couple jerks out of the stake "High council". Should of shut the door 'stead of talking to these two assholes for 40 minutes plus. Now I am waiting for a church court {court of love!] any day.Glad you used more sense than I did.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 12:39AM

The Morg is very savvy. They know that sending them to recent or almost resigned members will sway some back into the fold. If they had been guys, maybe your heart would be racing less.

Posted by: mrsostrike ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 12:50AM

NO I think I would have been just as upset. In retrospect there is so much I wish I had said.. Like calling them out on the fact that they were only there bc I had resigned and not that they were simply "New to the ward.."

Posted by: decieved for years ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 01:38AM

Lies, that's what started me on the way to being booted when I got sick of it and let 'em have a piece of the truth.Well,truth is I actually let 'em have several pieces of the truth when they lied to me 'bout just being in the neighborhood. Could be they got something to think about though after our "Visit".

Posted by: Talon Avex ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 02:07AM

You handled this very well. Shesh, 8:45pm?! That was rude of them, but not uncommon. Heart racing is fine...but you stood up for yourself and stood your ground.

Good on you and you did the right thing!

Posted by: magnolia ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 03:01AM

Hi! I'm new to this board but your post reminded me of a sister missionary visit to my house.

It was summertime and my(nevermo)husband had been fixing sprinklers in the back yard when they rang our doorbell. He saw who they were and swung the door open, shirtless, sweaty and with a big smile. They nervously said they'd brought cookies and were there to see me (though I hadn't set foot in that church since HS, 20+yrs ago.) DH said I wasn't home but wouldn't they come on in! Big eyes and a very quick exit, haven't been back!

Posted by: Maggie Mae ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 02:00PM

8:45 PM is nothing. I once had a ward president show up after 10 PM. The lights were all out and I was in my pajama's. It was the dead of the winter to boot. I did not answer the door, pretended to be in bed. Next thing I know he was going around the house knocking on windows. I still didn't answer it and he eventually left. Geeeez

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 02:04PM

Hopefully, they'll pass the word.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 02:04PM

What a rush. When you take your life back even the little things can feel like a cliff dive. That's the good kind of heart pounding.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 02:05PM

If they do that again call the police and tell them you have peeping tom looking in your windows.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.