Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TheyCallMeTheStreak ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 10:28PM

Interesting discussion about whether the church ever really taught that good li'l Morgbots would get their own planet:

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a43936273/what_is_the_church_currently_teaching

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: qwerty6pack ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 11:47PM

Man is a God in embryo.

That rings in my ears, but I can't remember WHERE I ever could have heard it, anyone else?

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 11:53PM

Its from Spencer Kimball's Miracle of Forgiveness, pg. 3" “…Through him God has abundantly confirmed that man is the supreme creation, made in the image and similitude of God and his Son, Jesus Christ; that man is the offspring of God; that for man, and man alone, was the earth created, organized, planted and made ready for human habitation; and that, having within him the seeds of godhood and thus being a god in embryo, man has unlimited potential for progress and attainment.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 11:53PM by nickname.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 12:01AM

and most are responding, "no, we don't GET (as in God isn't giving us) planets."

Upon further looking though, we get to CREATE our own planets.

Yeah. Big difference.

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 04:10PM

jpt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and most are responding, "no, we don't GET (as in
> God isn't giving us) planets."
>
> Upon further looking though, we get to CREATE our
> own planets.
>
> Yeah. Big difference.
Is Pluto up for adoption? Used to be a planet, got demoted.

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 04:38PM

Scroll down to the bottom article here (sandra Tanner lays it out):
http://www.utlm.org/newsletters/no115.htm

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 04:50PM

<<Yankeegirl, I create artwork. I use materials that already exist but organize them in a way that suits my purposes.
If there is infinite matter, infinite raw materials, none needs to be created or destroyed.
If nonmembers laugh at us over the laws of conservation of mass and energy because we believe in ongoing creation of worlds, they don't understand either the Gospel or science. The Gospel doesn't assume a closed system; and science doesn't equate matter with mass.>>

(facepalm)

Did this lady really just type this out on the internet? LOL!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 04:52PM

it was suggested in the film "Man's Search For Happiness"... that I teared up when I watched it...
WHAT.A.CROCK.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 05:15PM

Look if you have to ASK...(not you all here but at babycenter) what your church is teaching...then two things are happening:

1) You haven't paid attention...from Primary thru YM/YW, Seminary, your mission (for some), temple prep class, the temple itself,...oh yeah...church EVERY WEEK.

2) leaders are not teaching their OWN MEMBERs...the meat for which they never talk to investigators about..

Either way...if you have to ask, then some sort of light bulb should go off in your head...

Man...Mormons actually seem to like or at least be comfortable with their heads in the sand all the time..

Posted by: Good Witch ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 08:37PM

Posted by: Nevermo1 ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 05:20PM

I know the Mormon argument to this one,they say that they will be 'like' Gods,not Gods with their own planets

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 05:32PM

AGGGGHHH!

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 05:48PM

Duh! one is what we believe, the other is what we tell people we believe.

Once you understand the duplicitous nature of the Brethren it all makes sense. Don't give yourself a headache trying to figure out a righteous meaning.

Posted by: A ANON ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 06:01PM

Here's is the great test for all LIARS:

"THEY CAN'T KEEP THEIR STORIES STRAIGHT!"

Self-contradiction is perfect proof that Mormonism is made up -- and that today's General Authorities (like all those before) are making it up as they go along.

Either God has nothing to do with Mormonism -- or God is pulling our leg with Mormonism. If God has nothing to do with Mormonism, then it is a FRAUD.

As Christ himself said of false prophets: "By their [contradictory] fruits, ye shall know them."

(Someone should link this RFM thread to the Babycenter site)

Posted by: whatiswanted ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 09:22PM

WTF?....NO PLANET?

That's it I am out. There is no way I am going to put up with these A holes unless I get a planet of my own

Posted by: 2+2=4 ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 09:52PM

Re: all the talk in the Baby center thread about Xtians thinking the planet idea is "blasphemy".

Just want to make a note that, at least in the mainline Protestant church I was brought up in, IRL, people don't use the word "blasphemy". It's kind of archaic. My active-in-the-ELCA-church parents have never to my memory used that word. They might say, wow, Mormonism is really in conflict with Christianity on this point, or oh, that belief is so contradictory to this central idea of the New Testament. They wouldn't use the word "blasphemy" which sounds sort of superstitious and so three centuries ago or something.

Curious: Do Mormons use the word "blasphemy" in regard to Moism at all? Like do they say Warren Jeffs is committing blasphemy or anything?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2013 09:53PM by 2+2=4.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 10:00PM

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

Posted by: 2+2=4 ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 03:15AM

"Blasphemy is a victimless crime"

LOL...Exactly..."blasphemy", who cares.

However....Mormon leaders selling non-existant celestial real estate to their mormon underlings: This, mainline Xtians would see as distressing, as having victims, and as having nothing to do with the concepts of X'ianity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.