Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: August 01, 2013 09:15PM

Here is a copy of the National Enquirer from 1979 which states that J. Edgar Hoover linked Ervil LeBaron to the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Yeah, I know it's probably laughable, incredible -- considering the news rag.

Nevertheless, I though it might be intriguing for all you conspiracy theory buffs to take a look.

The article also alleges that Ervil LeBaron may have been responsible for paralyzing Hustler publisher Larry Flynt during an alleged assassination attempt in 1978.

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/White%20Materials/White%20Assassination%20Clippings%20Folders/House%20Select%20Committee%20On%20Assassinations%20Cips%20And%20Inventory/HSCA-JFK/HSCA-JFK%2062.pdf

Have any of you ever heard of these conspiracy allegations against LeBaron before?

Is anyone here related to the LeBarons or Allreds, Have you heard these accusations before?

The allegations against LeBaron regarding the JFK assassination are also mentioned in the book entitled, "Predators, Prey and Other Kinfolk: Growing Up in Polygamy," by Dorothy Allred Solomon.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2013 09:21PM by Senoritalamanita.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: August 01, 2013 10:42PM

I was a missionary in Argentina when Kennedy was assassinated. Once home again and settled, I read everything that came out about the assassination. I read all the books. Later I read the book about Ervil LeBaron. I don't recall anything in what I read that would link LeBaron to Kennedy's death, or for that matter, to Larry Flynt. I'm pretty sure that LeBaron was never a principal suspect in the assassination.

This seems extremely far-fetched to me. No, I've never heard this accusation. In 1979 I was still a member, and in those days I didn't read the National Enquirer. (Yeah, I picked up the rag a few times to read about Donny & Marie.) The few times I read it I observed it was all startling headlines and no substance in the article.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 04:01AM

Franklin is now on death row in Missouri for another murder.

He was also convicted in the early 1980's of first degree murder of in the shooting deaths of two joggers here in Salt Lake. Franklin is an avowed racist, and he shot the two African-American teenagers because they were jogging with two white girls.

I know, because I was selected for jury duty on this one and only eliminated at the last moment.

Date: August 01, 2013 11:12PM

I've read further along now in the book by the daughter of Rulon C. Allred, Dorothy Allred Solomon. [as you probably know, Rulon Allred was murdered by order of Ervil LeBaron]

It stated that in 1963, the FBI did launch an investigation of the Church of the First Born members. Apparently they had issued "what amounted to terroristic threats, vowing to disrupt civil authority, destroy communication and public utilities, and engge in undercover operations that would overthrow secular power structures all over the world."

"The FBI probe focused on the LeBaron brothers dual citizenship (Mexico/U.S.) and their unwillingness to serve in the U.S. armed forces."

Ervil apparently lost his U.S. Citizenship while evading the draft during the Korean war.

The LeBaron's had a presence in Texas. This, combined with "their conspiracy to bring down the government made them brief suspects in the JFK assassination. The FBI investigation ended in 1964, when agents concluded that First Born Leaders were incapable of carrying out the threats they made."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2013 11:14PM by Senoritalamanita.

Date: August 01, 2013 11:16PM

Phantom Shadow,

Thanks for your input. You had the same feeling about the Enquirer as I did, back in the day. It's interesting to know that LeBaron was investigated by the FBI. I never remember a word about it. I wonder if the investigation included the Larry Flynt attempt also. I suppose stranger things have happened!

Oddly enough, the Enquirer has gained more credibility in recent years. LOL.

Check this out:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/04/12/enquirer.tabloids.pulitzer/index.html

Date: August 01, 2013 11:22PM

Here is another article I found regarding the FBI investigating the assassination attempt of Larry Flynt by Ervil LeBaron. Look on the right hand side of the column under the Column Header, "SENSITIVE".

Wow, if there is any credence to it, I wonder why Ervil LeBaron would be connected to the likes of Larry Flynt.

In any case, a white supremacist serial killer, Joseph Paul Franklin confessed to the shooting after Flynt's death. He claimed he was angry over an interracial photo shoot in Hustler Magazine.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1346&dat=19781215&id=uUdNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2foDAAAAIBAJ&pg=7094,5634357

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2013 11:25PM by Senoritalamanita.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 01:10AM

Another reminder that we should keep up with the ever-changing journalistic climate. Thanks for this information. I had no idea. Now I'll have to go back through the assassination conspiracy stuff and find the references to the Mormon connection.

By the way, when President Garfield was assassinated the first word out on the telegraph wires was that a Mormon had done it. This wasn't the case, however, but it is funny to me that first thought was that a Mormon did the deed.

Date: October 19, 2013 04:18AM

The first is "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Closed-Gerald-Posner/dp/1400034620

The second is Vincent Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History":

http://www.amazon.com/Reclaiming-History-Assassination-President-Kennedy/dp/0393045250

As an attorney you should be familiar with Bugliosi who was the posecutor who secured the Manson family convictions. Mr. Bugliosi spoke with Chief Justive Warren who noted that convicting Lee Harvey Oswald would've been child's play.

And I generally don't like Penn & Teller, but they got the science right on this one. Actually, of course, the scientist was Luis Alvarez, the Nobel Laureate who was permitted to view the Zapruder film early on and was also an expert photographer. Dr. Alvarez was also involved in the Manhattan Project, and he flew in the airplane that accompanied the Enola Gay on its 1945 mission to Hiroshima and oversaw the first photgrpahs of the atomic bomb. It's asinine to think he would've got this wrong (Incidentally, I had my father, a retired missile engineer and longtime NRA member and gun hobbyist, review this as well. He concurred).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7TbB4uxJEk

Seriously, this is Recovery From Mormonism, not LDS Freedom Forum.

Ervil LeBaron did not begin his killing spree until 1972, incidentally.

Posted by: alfred ( )
Date: October 19, 2013 03:44AM

Not only was it the common talk in the mob in Phoenix in the eighties that the mormons were behind the murder of JFK but they used the threat of violence with other pololiticos across the country to get them to tow the mormon line.

Date: October 19, 2013 04:23AM

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/

And anyone who thinks "mob gossip" has any credibility needs some serious lessons in critical thinking.

I'm reminded of Will Bagley's statement about the "investigation" the LDS Church conducted into the Moutain Meadows Massacre in the 1890's...

Will noted they took a lot of statements, and most of them were from the murderers themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2013 04:24AM by SL Cabbie.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.