Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Scully ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 05:58PM

I've asked my friend for a copy of the 9 steps and will post as he offered to send it to me when he gets a written copy. Does anyone else have it and could post it?

Here's a glimpse at what all the mishies will be doing...9 steps to track down missing members.

First steps seem to be asking ward members. If that doesn't yield results, it gets more intrusive by asking former neighbors and family about their whereabouts.

This is what felt weird to my friend and he used the term "hunt" and "skip tracing" like they do for debt collection, etc. it felt sort of like spy work/ surveillance to him. I wondered if these young teenager missionaries can do this? I would be uncomfortable if my former neighbors were approached to give me and my location up. Plus we are not out to family and they are all active in other states.

Is there any regulation for this type of harassment? Since no $$ is involved as with a debt owed, is it legal?

One good thing came of it. I got to tell my friend that the church claims 14 million members but that it is closer to 3-5 million. His wife knew activity was a problem but asked if I felt my number was credible. She knows I do my homework so I assured her it was in that range and declining.

Man, these 9 steps are getting me thinking. If a company screws up and loses my business... They have to really sweeten the deal to win me back. And they have to give an Opt Out method.

I want to get my hands on a copy of those 9 steps!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: justemilynow ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 06:07PM

You'd be amazed by how much you can find out about a person by a simple Google search. (I had a contract job as a tech recruiter recently. It was totally like stalking. In a professional way. . . lol)

I think that inactive members are very trackable - but just because you can find someone doesn't mean that they will be happy that they were found.

Posted by: Scully ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 06:56PM

Good point. Those young mishies might use computers and social networks to cyber stalk and find the inactives.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 06:07PM

Sounds like it's going to be a guide on how to stalk people.

I think if this happens and they keep bothering me I'll have a restraining order put on the church, then call the local news channel.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 09:59PM

+1

Date: July 27, 2013 10:04PM

If they go around asking never-mo neighbors of "inactives" where they are and a bunch of other nosy questions, more and more never-mos are going to become aware of the fact that the LDS "church" is really a horrible sneaky cult that stalks and harasses anyone that tries to leave. So their ridiculous little 9 step program is likely to result in fewer converts than ever.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 06:10PM

Well 12 step programs have a less than 5% success rate, and they have 3 more steps! I would not get too worried about LDS regurgitating methods that have been epic failures in the past.

LDS Inc should also remember that many of the people they are attempting to contacted do not want to be contacted. They will ask some very uncomfortable questions regarding LDS history and LDS theology that LDS stalkers may not want to answer.

Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 07:17PM

The LDS church has all these new missionaries and they know that since Mitt lost, there will not be a huge pool of investigators. Can you imagine the outcome of 30,000 to 40,000 missionaries coming home each year with no stories of convert baptisms? How are results measured when you are giving tours of buildings and teaching members?

I can hear the testimony now - The last 2 years of my life were so special, I gave 2 tours of the BF Egypt Ward building and 1 almost lesson about JS until they asked about his rock in his hat trick.

There will be a new song for primary children to sing about being taught to be obedient so they can sit in church buildings for 2 years serving, scrubbing toilets and doing what missionaries do.

Posted by: coolelder ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 10:34PM

I have the words to your primary song:

If you chance to meet a doubt
Do not let it stay
Quickly turn it up-side-down
And chase that doubt away

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 10:55PM

LDS mishies wail as they search and search and search and search.
LDS mishies wail as they call and call and call and call.
They use the 'net but to no avail,
Mostly they’re told to go to hell.
Month after month they wailed as they searched, and searched, and called and called…... And called.

(You may want to listen to some other music now.. so that tune won’t haunt you for the rest of the day.)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 07:38PM

This will make them look like fools in their desperation.

They miss this point:

In-actives have a perfect right not to attend the mormon church.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 08:41PM

They will dart them. Put on a tracking collar and ear tag. Note general health and weigh their wallets.

Date: July 27, 2013 10:19PM

LOL

Posted by: oncewasblind ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 08:45PM

They can find me but all they'll get from me is cuss words and a door slam Hahahaha man I'm nasty huh?

Posted by: JohnStockton12 ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 10:39PM

I feel so bad for the missionaries! Feeling bad for them is my number one reason I want to start handing out flyers from mormoninfographics. I have never had severe depression in my life until I went on my mormon mission. I stayed out on the mission because of pressure from my family! I knew many other missionaries who were going through severe depression as well. I almost got on meds it was so bad! Once I came home the depression went away.

Posted by: mostcorrectedbook ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 10:48PM

They can come and stay any kind of reactivation discussion. This will be a good opportunity for me to share my new testimony of the restored gospel.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.