Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smo ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 03:37PM

I read the entire transcript from the 2010 meeting in Sweden -

Then I listened to the entire thing (thanks for posting the link rfm friends!)

It's very different listening to these proceedings vs. reading
the transcript of the proceedings.

I sat there stunned listening to a certain Richard E Turley, Jr. saying things like:

"quickly"
"ok, moving on"
"there's a book from BYU coming out on that"
"ok, quicklY"
"I have a book on that, next..."
"we could be here all night on this subject"
"ok, real quick"
"we have to hurry"

Pathetic.

To listen to these kind of phrases over and over again was laughable - and then it made my cry at one point.

WTF.

Listening to all this, you also hear the pompous, condescending, bratty, cocky, my-way-or-the-highway penis-holder tone that's come to be the norm from the higher ups in TSCC. I'm talking about Turley again.

And to think they flew half way around the world to act like this -thinking they'd wow the crowd and leave the audience satisfied.

The hubris.

I think it's important to remember this key aspect of this 2010 meeting in Sweden:

According to Hans Mattsson in the Dehlin interview, it wasn't just the 20-25 questioners and these two LDS pricks in attendance. There were also all local BP's, SP's and mission presidents in attendance that were probably hearing a lot of new info for the very first time. Late at night at a Swedish chapel.

Given the setting let's just hustle through this and then get the hell out. Traveling in first class no doubt.

Turley in a hurry.

I know there's multiple threads on this subject but I had to vent this out. Thanks for listening.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 04:23PM

I agree the meeting was disrespectful and conducted in a way so as to minimize the exposure to questions by informed, clever people that deserved the answers from the Church.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 05:45PM

Agree with you 100%. I read parts of the transcript, and decided not to listen to it. Just reading what I read, I was offended by their "no time" approach.

In the context of the church, how offensive it is to hurry through the questions (and "answers") that will (supposedly)affect the eternal salvation of some of their own followers!

BTW, they had PLENTY of time to set it all up with the scripture quotations and stories. And they had PLENTY of time afterwards to ask them "are you in or out."

The church's agenda has not changed: get rid of truth seekers before they do further damage, and keep the gullible in so they'll keep paying tithing.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 05:55PM

Bet they are wishing that meeting was not recorded or transcribed.

Either we will see less of these guys in public or recording will be prohibited. Of course prohibiting recording in a meeting does not necessarily stop it.

One must also wonder if meetings are occurring with high level LDS executives determining a better story to spin about these questions.

Mattson left in a very public fashion. One could reasonably assume that a sleeper apostate with a desire to embarrass LDS Inc could do far more damage with a little planning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2013 05:55PM by deco.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 07:26PM

Yeah.. wouldn't it be great if church leaders would say, "I'm hear for as long as you need me."

Avoidance under the guise of busy and important.

"We don't have time for you. Ask your local leaders." It's because they're all busy running the mormon MLM business, and leave the dirty work of religion for the front-liners.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 07:51PM

I didn't think the meeting was all it was cracked up to be. There were no answers given; nothing to cause the COB to stress. I thought there would be some admissions.

This meeting will just confirm there is only one answer - the church is a fraud.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 07:58PM

I do not think it was what was said at the meeting, rather that the interwebz got ahold of it.

It was a strong reminder to LDS Inc that the whole world is not all their sheeple, that some ma take a dim view of their antics, and not everyone would buy their line of BS.

It was not what was said or not said, it was that they were called out on their BS, which is something they are unaccustomed to.

Posted by: oncewasblind ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 08:23PM

This is why I am so Glad I'm out of TSCC and never again will I be sucked into all the lies and bullshit that was created by Joe Smith and his band of crooked men (Brigham Young and company). And as for Turley being in a hurry after traveling half way around the world, what an asshole!! What is he trying to hide?? Man I just laugh at these called men of God LOL what a bunch of clowns if you ask me.

Posted by: fineline ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 08:51PM

And didn't one of them say at the beginning of the meeting that they would continue the discussion until everyone was too tired to keep going? I can't remember the exact wording. Anyway, what happened to that plan?

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 08:59PM

One of them said something to that affect, I believe Jensen, but he wasn't the answer man. Turley was. Jensen was out about 2 years later. Went Emeritus.

Posted by: moira ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 09:26PM

I can't find the link to the recording. Can someone help me out?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.