Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 02:08PM

... they will get some great advice on how to save LDS-Inc. from eventual extinction:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/27/opinion/religion-and-doubt.html?src=recg

Written by the author of "WHY BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE"

One thing that puzzles me is the fact that there is a cornucopia of useful, relevant, insightful and at times amazing spiritual information on planet earth all around us today. Why The Brethren don't incorporate some of this great material into their messaging to the Church membership is beyond stupid. My guess is that these lifelong narcissists are so spiritually immature that they can't even conceive of anything useful being thought or published by someone outside of their own little boys' club. They truly are Little Boys . . . Spiritual Midgets.

I think I will start referencing them as The 15 Little Boys.

It's way beyond time for them to change the sand in their Little Boys Sandbox. The kitty litter effect is getting kinda strong, and people are starting to notice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2013 02:10PM by beyondashadow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 02:47PM

SCOOP THE POOP!!!!

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 03:01PM

And you'd think they would hire outside PR experts, or outside writers, instead of the yes-men marketing teams they have now.
Same old drivel, in the same monotonous paternalistic tone.

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 03:15PM

You'd think they would hire a bunch of exmormons...

Date: July 27, 2013 03:16PM

There you go ... lol. Excellent idea.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 03:28PM

Here is the key part of the article (IMO):
"When fellow believers in Sweden first began coming to him with information from the Internet that contradicted the church’s history and teachings, he dismissed it as “anti-Mormon propaganda,” the whisperings of Lucifer. He asked his superiors for help in responding to the members’ doubts, and when they seemed to only sidestep the questions, Mr. Mattsson began his own investigation."

The most important part being:
"He asked his superiors for help in responding to the members’ doubts, and when they seemed to only sidestep the questions, Mr. Mattsson began his own investigation."

That is huge imo...You have this entrenched and "smart" church hierarchy that cannot answer BASIC questions of the tenants of their faith...so "they" (members AND now, some church leaders) go looking on their own.

When people at work want indepth, specific, and DEEP data analysis on something..I always say..."careful what you look for because you just might find it"

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 04:28PM

... or ...

Just because it's a joke doesn't mean you can't learn something useful from it.

The Mormon Church is a joke, but does not "get" the joke.

The 15 Little Boys could become comedic heroes if they finally announced:

"The true purpose of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is to exploit the spiritual immaturity of the members and make them pay (literally) for their childish naivete and suffer the consequences of refusing to grow up ... until they wake themselves up, become spiritually adult, and assume rightful control of their own lives and destinies. Nobody is forcing anyone to remain members or to join the Church. We as Church leadership have a fiduciary duty to maintain our House of Cards upright and standing, and shield it from every wind of truth. The membership of the Church is depending on us to keep the facade of fraud ostensibly intact for as long as possible. The few million active LDS membership would never forgive us if we actually told the truth and burst their bubble of misguided, misplaced trust. They would be forced to find some other fraudulent exploiter of innocence to take our place as controller of their lives. It's a tough job being career liars, but somebody's got to do it. May as well be us, The 15 Little Boys. Amen."

Date: July 27, 2013 04:41PM

It's a tad hard to become a comedic hero when the old dinosaurs seem to lack a funny bone in their bodies. It seems that people this high up lack not only empathy but any sense of humor or irony.

Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 04:01PM

The 15 stooges...in syndication and owned by pride a deception inc.

Posted by: Nevermo1 ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 04:06PM

Lol,I thought you were referring to the cult 'The Brethren'.Now they're a creepy bunch!

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 04:36PM

No. No. No.

I insist that the church keeping doing it the way it has done it for 180 years.

I need the church to be full of the deluded and douchey.

GAs and other such decision makers, don't change a damned thing about how you have been doing things. This huge hunk of shit, otherwise known as the church, needs to be flushed down.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 05:12PM

I can't imagine that the 15 didn't ever anticipate these days would come eventually.

I'd imagine they're desperately searching for any other guys like Mattsson who might weaken, and trying to shut them up.

It's interesting to speculate what cards, if they have any, they might play.

To the 15: If you're looking for ideas, how about the TRUTH and APOLOGY CARDS?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.