Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 02:07PM

I was visiting my parents and I asking them if they still professed to believe the earth is only 6,000 years old. They do, god used pieces of other planets to create the earth which is why there are bones of ancient creatures. My dad asked if I believed if he over 6,000 years old. His PB said he was held back 6,000 years to be born now. My father is so proud to be 6,000 plus years old.

I asked him when he became a VAMPIRE. DUH!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 02:25PM

Just keep him away from high school girls and werewolves, and you'll be fine.

Posted by: LCMc ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 02:30PM

I only feel 6,000 years old. Hope he's doing better.

Posted by: BeGreen ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 07:38PM

Wait a minute! If there are heavenly controls in place that determined the timing of your dad's entry into this world then EVERY person's birth is under heavenly control.

So why the endless Mormon madness to have so many babies? If they had ANY faith at all they'd believe that every person intended to be born into Mormon homes will sooner or later be born into a Mormon family. No rush. No fear of "worthy" spirits being born to "unworthy" parents.

I honestly think the baby push by the church is actually playing into an innate greed within all of us to get more. In the case of baby making, get more glory, status and more heavenly "stuff" to ourSELVES in some undetermined future existence at the expense of peace of mind and body now.

But I digress. Six thousand years old? Is he using Chinese math for his pre-mortal "pregnancy"? (Chinese infants are considered age one at birth)

Jesus Christ is quoted as saying "according to your faith, so be it." I am finding myself not always able to agree.

But seriously, his birthday cakes must pose a genuine fire hazzard. Hope he wears fire retardant underroos!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.