Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 12:42AM

Thought you all here would be interested in this article. Sorry if it has already been shared, but I didn't see it when I scrolled down through quite a few posts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ck ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 01:56AM

The Mormons interviewed shared some pretty clueless responses.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 05:37AM

Clueless is as clueless does.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 08:42AM

Here some GREAT example of the cluelessness:

""If people are leaving it's really a mark that maybe we need to get deeper into our faith," said Ross Booth, LDS Church member."
Uh...I think that's WHY their leaving because they ARE digging deeper...

"When life is going good and we don't have as many challenges we don't turn to God," said Babbi Hill, LDS Church member."
Uh...so when times are BAD...are the only time the faithful are faithful????? When they are challenged??

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 10:05AM

Right, because this economic prosperity we have been having the last six years just has everyone forgetting about Jesus as they concentrate on all their new worldly things.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 10:44AM

Right....only need to tap into religion when things are going bad???....so the LDS understand that? Hardly. They want your money regardless and they are not going to be understanding if your family is having a good year and not feeling a need to attend all their meetings or speak to the phony bishop.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 06:34AM

"the church is attempting to reach out to the less-active church members, update its manuals on sensitive church doctrines, and improve the amount of accurate information about the church on the internet."

I hate this cult.

"The Church" (There are other churches!)

"Attempting to reach out" means "Spreading lies" Trying new sales techniques, spending money on professional PR and advertising, fake-friending, invading families, knocking on doors, dropping by uninvited, stealing away our children!

"the less-active church members" Those who have discovered the Truth, families who have bonded together and have risen above the petty cult, singles, gays, minorities, women, who are living happy lives, now. People who attend other churches, or no church, now. People who have resigned. All of those who want nothing to do with JS or his polygamous cult. LESS active means GONE.

"Update its manuals" Write more lies to whitewash previous lies. Back-pedal. Tweak the prophesies a bit. Change history.

"Sensitive church doctrines" Lies. Contradictions. Stuff that makes no sense. Racism, sexism, polygamy in heaven, men becoming gods, bla-bla.

"Improve the amount of accurate information on the internet" Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! That one made me laugh. We all know TSCC has been trying for years to saturate the internet. By sheer volume, they think the Mormon lies will overshadow the Truth. Tell a lie often enough, and it will become the truth--not.

Date: July 27, 2013 06:57AM

Good insight!

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 09:00AM

Joy,

Well said.

Sounds just like our government.......

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 09:04AM

Date: July 27, 2013 07:11AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that if you want to read the full article from Reuters, just click the link about half way down in the short ABC news article. One of my favorite quotes is "In Africa and Latin America, however, Jensen said that interest in the LDS was so strong that the church has cut back baptisms in order to better care for new members." Cut back baptisms? Yeah, right.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 08:16AM

Instead of cutting down on baptisms, I was thinking that if investigators are needy, the TSCC sends them elsewhere to get help.

Posted by: not logged in (usually Duffy) ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 08:36AM

Does this mean we can *finally* lay to rest that tired, old lie about the mormons being the fastest growing church? If the numbers have been dropping for the last 5 to 10 years, as Jensen is quoted as saying, then they have known that line wasn't true for a long time.

We've known that line wasn't true for a long time (if it ever was true in the first place).

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 10:21AM

This article is from a year and a half ago: January 2012.

It's old news.

Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: July 27, 2013 10:40AM

Geesus

Rant over for now...

Edit full content

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2013 10:43AM by oldklunker.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.