Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: July 03, 2013 06:59PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: July 03, 2013 07:05PM

Hard to say, honestly. I've wondered the same thing myself.

;o)

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 03, 2013 07:11PM

He is liberal and an environmentalist.

I am surprised mormons havent burned his house down.

We all know if he had happened to be mormon, they would have him front and center on anything that was televised.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2013 07:12PM by deco.

Date: July 03, 2013 07:18PM

yup

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: July 03, 2013 07:19PM

He brings people and their money to the state for Sundance Film Festival. That's good. They go home and complain about our liquor laws, that's bad, but not Redfords fault.

The Wilderness issue is a hot button and since this is not a political site, I'm not going to go there.

I loved his movies.

I'm going to say mostly good.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: July 03, 2013 07:29PM

And his ex-wife Lola was (no longer?) a mormon - making Robert Redford a mormon once-removed, and hence quasi-eligible for "Famous Mormons" status.

It's all about the fame ...

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: July 03, 2013 07:46PM

MORmONS had (self proclaimed, self promoted) media genius Gordon "B.S." Hinckley to be infatuated with. Robert Redford? -Redford does not even register on their braindead MORmON radar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhAIjF0wQI

MORmONS are convinced that Gordon "B.S." Hinckley was the greatest PR and Media Genius ever, to the extent that no one else even matters...... unless its dumb bitch Marie Osmond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewfx4HzIRfU

With all this great MORmON media action, MORmONS don't have another live brain cell left to contemplate anything else.

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: July 03, 2013 09:39PM

Even though he is a liberal and environmentalist he has always been a positive contributor to Utah's economy. He has never been critical of Mormons and even though he is an environmentalist both his money and time have been spent on environmental issues that a lot of Mormons support (Provo Canyon). His Sundance Resort is popular.

In alot of ways he provides Mormons with a certain Validation, if a famous non-Mormon chooses to live his life proudly in Utah, amongst God's Chosen People, then perhaps it is just more evidence that the church is true...

Date: July 03, 2013 10:02PM

Bump.

Because whiskeytango and I wanna know.

HA!!

;o)

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: July 03, 2013 11:08PM

Robert Redford gave a talk to me and my fellow Journalism/Communications classmates in 1980 or so at BYU.

I remember he was kind of a short man. I was surprised. He seemed mellow and spoke persuasively.

I went to a study abroad program in Madrid with one of his babysitters. She said they were a terrific family, very kind, and had lost their first child to SIDS.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.