Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 03:05PM

so I posted on the "I Support Boyd K. Packer" facebook page, using my real name, that I don't support him, which riled up one responder who asked why I would do such a thing, to which I answered I was just voicing and opinion as an ex-mormon. Then another poster called me out saying I must be very lonely and filled with hate since losing the spirit in my life. They just don't fucking get it do they?, like they have the only happy, spiritual lives on the planet....I just loooove messin' with their heads....

Ron Burr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2013 03:14PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 03:34PM

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 03:37PM

Egads, Ron, you dissented? Their heads must have exploded at that thought!

Date: July 01, 2013 04:56PM

I sure hope they exploded...I'd pay to watch that...Like I've said on this site before....I fear no Mormon. There is nothing they can do to me that matters. If my TBM doctor or dentist chose to drop me as a patient because they found out about my resignation and what I post here, that would be the only downside. The LDS side of my family is irrelevant to me...my parents are long dead and my friends are all non mo's, so I'm pretty much bulletproof to the MORG.

Ron Burr

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 03:56PM

I think BKKKP's days are numbered and no one will replace him. I know Bednar thinks he's a hardass, but Packer came up when LDS, Inc. was on the rise, not in retreat.

Their numbers are stagnant. They are in a defensive posture on gay marriage. They have lost the social networking battles. The long term trend for missionaries is down: fewer converts, fewer missionaries, fewer babies being born, fewer staying in the church. The Exmormon movement is alive and strong on the Internet.

Someone like Bednar cannot afford to abuse members the way Packer did for decades. Packer is not his old self, and once he's gone there will be no one to play the heavy the way he has.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 04:11PM

I just want him to be their prophet, even for a few months, or watch them pass over BKP, because he is physically unable. I could see a statement like, BKP regretfully passes on the opportunity to be the One True Prophet because of declining health.

It would be so "True" whatever happens, as long as it happens. I'll bet their leaders are hoping for a massive stroke on that guy, his reign, although, brief, will be epic! He wouldn't need to do a thing, just ooze to the top and let his record speak for itself.

BKP! BKP!

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 08:33PM

Have they ever passed over an apostle? Honestly it would be the smart thing to do;for PR. But Ive never heard of them passing over one.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:20PM

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:36PM

If Packer is prophet, even for a wee while, they won't be able to drop his hateful words down the memory hole so easily (like they did with McConkie).

He probably knows that as well, so he is clinging to life with all his willpower.

God, i really hope he makes it!

Date: July 01, 2013 05:38PM

Exactly. He'll be immortalized in their crap art in the Celestial Room with all the other prophets. A known, hateful, spiteful tyrant--lived long enough to become the prophet for God.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2013 05:39PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: Gay Philosopher ( )
Date: July 02, 2013 08:46AM

So do we!

It's not an exaggeration to say that a large number of people are "praying" for his health and longevity, day and night. :)

Steve

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:51PM

I don't mean to be insensitive, but I have heard this kind of rhetoric in the past.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 09:07PM

Well, hell, Ron . . . I don't support ole Boyd either, and I'm related to the b@stard (by marriage - lest anyone think I carry his crazy-ass genes).

Free speech I say! Carry on.

;o)

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 11:08PM

I love it, way to go Ron. Did you know there's an opposite page? I would love to give your post a thumbs up and comment, but I am not ready to out myself.

I'm not expecting some sort of Spanish Inquisition!

Posted by: European View ( )
Date: July 02, 2013 08:58AM

Come on now Dennis, who DOES expect the Spanish Inquisition??

(Someone had to say it)

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: July 02, 2013 10:06AM

European View Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come on now Dennis, who DOES expect the Spanish
> Inquisition??
>
> (Someone had to say it)

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: July 02, 2013 12:00AM

Did you explain why you don't support Pucker? That would be a nice discussion.

Date: July 02, 2013 02:43PM

I explained that a belief in God and/or Jesus and/or spirituality was not exclusive to Mormonism. That elicited a response about how only the LDS church had the fullness of the gospel (WTF that means). So I fired back with now I never cared about the gospel, had never read the BofM or wanted to, had never, from a very young age, wanted to go on a mission and didn't and how my TBM parents never forced me or my brother to read or do anything church related that we didn't want to because of the respect they had for us and us them. I await rebuttal. Like I said before, I love messin' with their heads...they just can't figure out that I'm pullin' their chain because I CAN!

Ron Burr

Date: July 06, 2013 05:49PM

So, whomever runs that page continues to challenge me. He/she contends I was never a member of the church (wrong), and that if I were to get rid of my pride, that I'd see the light (wrong again). I am proud of my family and of what I've been able to accomplish in my life so far but I don't quite see what that has to do with anything pertaining to this discussion. I first posted the 2 words "I don't" on the page and it started a bit of a brouhaha. Got under somebodys skin, and that was my intent. My bad. It's been an interesting discourse and I'm done with it.

Ron Burr

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 02, 2013 12:39AM

I cannot wait until Lucky shows up on that page.......

Posted by: mrsostrike ( )
Date: July 02, 2013 12:42AM

I liked your comments! :)

Posted by: george ( )
Date: July 02, 2013 01:22AM

The Quorum of Twelve was very concerned with the health of Spencer Kimball when he was up for prophet. He had to provide a statement from his doctor as to his being cancer free and/in reasonable good health.

Posted by: anon for this comment ( )
Date: July 02, 2013 01:31AM

BKP one of the biggest assholes in mormon history. I would be a shame for him to be unable to make his calling and election sure.

Posted by: Gay Philosopher ( )
Date: July 02, 2013 08:44AM

Ron,

Boyd Fudgepacker doesn't support you, either. :)

Steve

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 02, 2013 10:17AM

I went to the site to contribute my 2 cents, but found I had relatives there. So...

Posted by: skeptic2195 ( )
Date: July 06, 2013 06:47PM

Boyd KKK also has an official Boyd K. Packer page....not the page that you are referring to. Apparently each of the Q12 now has an official page.

If they have not been deleted yet, there are postings from "friends" that indicate that all racism, etc can be laid at Packers feet. I saw three of four comments there about 2 hours ago....would be interested to see what the shelf life is before the comments are deleted.

Date: July 06, 2013 06:53PM

Post on Sunday, make them break their Sabbath in order to challenge you or delete your posts.

Posted by: skeptic2195 ( )
Date: July 06, 2013 06:54PM

These are two quotes that are on the official BKP FB page as comments:

This man is responsible for discriminatory practices in the church! What a tool!

It sure would be nice if President Packer would retract some of the very harmful things he's said about women, interracial marriage, homosexuality, and sexuality in general.

Someone in the COB is not watching.......

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.