Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dit ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 12:13PM

He is now a sealer at the Houston Texas Temple....my mother called me to let me know he was just set apart. All I said was good for him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Exmo Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 12:43PM

One of my siblings was just given the Melchezidec? priesthood. He had been inactive for some time but was convinced to get back in. Blah

Posted by: DishyDoodle ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 12:48PM

This calling seems to make you sad. Does it feel hypocritical of him to accept it?

If there is no harm done and it gives him something he feels fulfillment in, can you let it be?

There are, perhaps, better things you'd like to see him do in his golden years?

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 03:53PM

My family genuinely cares about people, so yes, it makes me sad to see them use their time, energy and resources on something so meaningless in real life. They could actually be making a difference in peoples lives instead.

Posted by: dit ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 01:20PM

Does it make me sad? No, not really. I suppose, though, when you know what the real truth, you realize how much of a waste all of this is. Yes, I'd love to see him do 'other' things in his life than constant church work. But, c'est la vie. It's not me wasting time on such unimportant work.

Posted by: ananke ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 03:47PM

If it were someone I cared about, I think I would be fine with the idea if he were genuinely happy. It would bother me a lot if he felt that he was making a sacrifice.

Posted by: elciz ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 04:04PM

I used to do alot of genealogy. Started at about age 14, went on a mission, came home, got married, did some more, moved away from the Shire, came back, did alot more, then I saw the light. I loved doing it. I've always liked history, this was "personal" history for me.

Anyway, I spent alot of hours doing it, and a surprising amount of money.

And it was really not worth it, now that I know the truth. I mean it's nice to know I came from near Caen France, the story of how we got here is cool, but it wasn't worth the colossal waste of time I engaged in.

But everything Mormonie is like that. A waste, of time or money, and usually there is something detrimental to it for the person doing it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2013 04:05PM by elciz.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.