Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 04:38AM

Or so I'm told in emails that keep flying around the stake. The latest was in response to a bishop that smugly informs the rest of the stake leadership that he had some investigators and less actives attend sacrament meeting yesterday and that the missionaries have two baptisms scheduled this month.

Wow! When I was a TBM this was just considered a good Sunday and the results of some hard work on behalf of the members and missionaries, but nowadays all the local leaders have latched on to the parlance of the 15 in proclaiming that all the bog standard stuff is miraculous and a sign of this supposed 'hastening'.

Oh how the gullible members have been hoodwinked to vastly lower their bar for what is now considered miraculous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 06:47AM

And in about two months time, they will all have forgotten this, and will go back to their semi-braindead state.. ..

Posted by: gayle ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 08:36AM

Our Stake Pres had a vision of temples dotting the area. He drove everyone crazy with his talks on how we needed to be more righteous so his vision could be fulfilled.

15 years later, the mormon population isn't any higher than it was when he had the vision.

I guess it's because of the sins of the members.

(Although I can't really believe that, because they are working themselves to the bone.)

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 09:50AM

The smug bishop is sucking up to his senior leadership.

He wants to be a stake president and figures if he touts how well the "inspired program" is doing and how successful his ward is doing in missionary work, he'll he labeled as the one who gets it and who gets it done.

That's all this is.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 11:20AM

You are exactly right. All the Bishops and stake leaders are on group emails now and it's sickening to see a couple of Bishops in particular, constantly talk about numbers and highlight even the smallest success. By copying the entire stake on these, their game plan of career progression is so obvious. I hope they get the callings they aspire to.....alongwith the additional busy work and hassle. They deserve it!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.