Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bluezebra ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 09:52PM

After at least 4 years of no contact, someone calls, leaves a message, and says he is our new home teacher, and hopes to see us this weekend. Says he is new to the ward and that he wonders how long we've been in the ward.

I'm sure no one, including his dumbass companion, has discussed our apostate family, in great length either between themselves, or in ward council, PEC, or whatever stupid meetings they have. Especially since the husband said controversial things to the missionaries, which coincidentally stopped all the visits years ago.
So, this evening, promptly at seven pm, they're on the doorstep, all smiley, in their white shirts.
Told them to go away, don't come back. They respond with more smiles and told me call them if we need anything, as I shut the door on them.

Sigh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 10:18PM

No one is safe. I almost want to go around to the known inactives in my area, who I assume for the most part aren't online in forums like this being warned, and warn them myself. Look out - they are coming for you. Except I worry it will backfire and they'll defend the church. Some inactives aren't as informed and are vulnerable.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 11:37PM

I'm sorry bluezebra. Mormons are like cockroaches . . . you can never get rid of them.

;o)

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 11:58PM

This is so annoying. Here is my mother who has always paid tithing and always been active until she became too feeble to drive to church meetings. At age 87 (having a birthday on Friday but no one will even so much as send a card) she would love to have visitors and has surely earned them as she is a widow (doesn't the prophet carry on endlessly about widows?) and endured years of criticism from my father who was a non-member, anti-Mormon. Now in her hour of need there are no visits. Guess in those ward council meetings they figure it is a waste of valuable time to visit her because she cannot hold any callings and pays her tithing wether or not she gets visits so obviously nothing more could be gained by LDS, INC. in visiting her. Visits to her would be non productive from a corporate standpoint.

Then there is you. Probably not paying tithing, not holding any callings, and obviously don't want to go to church but certainly healthy enough to do so. But there is always the chance that one more sales pitch could do the trick to turn you around or guilt or annoy you enough and will bring in a few dollars in tithing and a volunteer to clean bathrooms. They have nothing to lose and at least a little bit of a chance that something might have changed with regard to your testimony. What a truly mean and despicable "So Called Church". Is this how a Christian church behaves? NOT! It's all about the organization and not about the people.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 06:38AM

They act like we're stupid and want to attend but can't figure out how to get there without help. Total strangers claiming they love and miss other strangers is what is stupid.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 06:43AM

Is it just inactives that they are targeting?
Are they leaving us EX-mo's in peace?

I haven't heard anything so far.

And my mother knows better..

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 07:20AM

HAVENT HEARD A PEEP! But if I do I'll be happy to share it w/you all!! Gota think of a snappy line though!!

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 07:32AM

If I had a selection of folks to love bomb and one of them was a blue zebra, I'd totally go for the blue zebra. ;)

Posted by: builder ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 07:39AM

Oh Boy! Here we go again. They are calling. I had a phone call yesterday that went like this.

Hello Brother Builder, I'm Brother Home Teacher, I just got assigned to you. Can we come visit you?

Me: No. Wife is working.

HT: Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't really mean tonight. When would be a good time to come visit?

Me: No Thanks. I know you are just doing your job, but me not interested. To busy, Thanks anyway, Goodby!

Amen...

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 04:29PM

Makes me wonder how much they are making sure I am not home before they call or text DW to love bomb her. I could almost tell what day of the month it is by when the VTs send a card or make a sickeningly sweet comment on one of DW's FB posts... I have not reverse love-bombed in a while, but I may.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2013 04:30PM by stillburned.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.