Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chelseamarie ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 10:09AM

First off I would like to apologize for not posting in forever. I've just been really busy with work an stuff. And no I have not gone back to the Mormon church or anything like that. But what I do want to know is what is everyone doing for the summer!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 10:14AM

As an adult, I shall be working a whole lot. I do plan on taking my son to the pool a great deal, and hitting on bikini clad single mothers when time allows.

Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 12:11PM

Hiking... lots of hiking. Traveling too.

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 12:17PM

Whatever I want.........

Last summer I had a cast on my arm, and we had an exchange student for 6 weeks. I was at this kid's beck and call (by choice) and we went to every tourist attraction within 100 miles, except the beach. Having a cast in the summer was just awful.

So this summer I'm in the pool at least once a day. I'm taking a long car trip to visit relatives, and I'm going camping with my college age son who is working full time all summer.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 01:47PM

The same thing I do in the other seasons: Go to work, run errands, clean the house, play with the dog.

I think I'm missing something, or horribly overthinking this, but I don't really understand the question. Do people really, like, summer in the Hamptons or something? Is that what kind of question this is?

Is this a trick question?

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 02:38AM

Ha! I'll admit this was my first thought too...

Posted by: Chloe ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 05:50PM

Sipping Margaritas on the veranda and reading books, lots of books.
And the occasional dip into the pool.

California does not suck.

Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 06:17PM

*xpanding the book
*supporting dh interest in recovery from 2 family funerals
*checking in w/kids visits
*photography
*afternoon delight some morning & night
(its summer, right)
*central cali coast
*Mineral King
*foothill moonlight driving
*unstoring storage!
*giving away clothes that are too big yay
*watching dogs sleep in the sun & swim like
seals in their pink kiddy pool
totems onthe table
gemstones polishing playing with
scrabble on a spinner base
trying to blast year's stress from funerals & foreclosure shortsale moving finally unpacking
sex by demand on demand its summer w/ my man ;0
a few short weeks left then both called back full time contract
oh this is how we always celebrate our anniversary 31 years Oakland temple 33 years a couple lying to each bishop : ) pretending to apologize for it-
every summer we celebrate & loose a fews days & nights in a daze intertwined all the time

OMG well you asked. did you know sex could be a meditation? or a dissociation you just stop feeling your skin- so the gig is staying present with him- be- chosing- to be- here
well- that's my deal I try it every year

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 08:51PM

I'll think about summer once I'm through winter.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 09:25PM

Looking for a new job, but working at some part time gigs I have.

Going up to Colorado for the Steely Dan concert at Red Rocks.

Working and tilling the crappy-ass clay soil around my house.

Work on some mosaics, beading, hummingbird feeders.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 09:28PM

A lot. My company is publishing extra magazines so no summer holiday for me!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 09:35PM

Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 09:41PM

Went back to New Mexico for a few weeks, to visit family, I did not want to come back. It was so nice to be some place familiar and normal to me, kids came and played with my sons and nothing was said about what church we did or did not go to they just had fun. DH even noticed how relaxed the kids and I were and despite the fact he does not like NM very much has decided to put out feelers for a good job out there. I have also decided to embrace the bad family thing instead of be hurt by it, so much laughter and loudness at our house.

Posted by: abinadiburns ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 09:50PM

Going to Hawaii for a week and a half with my legally and lawfully married (according to both my state and the federal government) wife who has never been.

The fact that DOMA is dead might not sink in until I can finally check "married" on my tax forms and census forms. This is so RIGHT.

However, no one knows if we are married once we step foot on Oahu...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2013 09:52PM by abinadiburns.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 03:17AM

Celebrating Gay Pride and the defeat of the Mormon Cult in California Politics with 1,500,000 other LGBT people in SF.

By the way 1.5 million people is about half the REAL total of Active Members of the Mormon Cult.

Fuck You Mormons And Your Bullshit Justification Of Your Personal Bigotry!

"Gods a homophobe, so we are too!"

Well your puny god Elohim lost again!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Posted by: happyhollyhomemaker ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 08:59AM

1- actively avoid extended family as though they are infectious.
2-continue wondering if just buying a whole cow is cheaper than buying beef piecemeal from Costco
3-master the art of making really good ribs on a gas grill that's older than I am
4-setting off (probably illegal) fireworks
5-digging out a small lake...lost a bet, don't ask.
6-reading a stack of trashy novels and cursing my margaritas maker for not working
7-gun safety classes with the kids
8-swimming at the lake
9-TOMBSTONE!
10-somewhere in there, we will cram in work and regular life crap that we can't get out of.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 09:06AM

... are heading to Aruba in August to celebrate 35 years of wedded bliss.

And go to the beach.

And swim in the ocean.

And drink beer.

And eat seafood.

And hope no one mistakes me for Ron White, but if they do I'll make 'em buy me a beer.

Timothy

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 12:48AM

I'm retired. So I'm doing a bit of construction on my deck, some landscape renovation & beer drinking. Oh, and a family reunion with my wifes crazy Hungarian family...and more drinking...

Ron Burr

Posted by: anon for this comment ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 01:16AM

Crabbing, fishing, boating, camping, drinking margaritas, growing flowers, swimming, and then doing it all over again.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 01:21AM

When you work, unless you're a teacher who takes the summer off, it's business as usual, except for a week grabbed here and there for a little relaxation time wit family.

Posted by: There'sNothingImpossible ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 01:33AM

Studying and working,
except on weekends

Posted by: Utah County Mom ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 10:02AM

Working on getting into shape; yard work, working on creative writing projects, getting a big project at work done and most of all--horseback riding with my daughter and watching her at horse shows, flying over jumps on the back of a 1000 + pound creature doing her bidding.

Sure beats going to church and working on a useless Young Women's medallion, don't you think?

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 10:36AM

My 11yo daughter is having a good summer. We signed her up for "College for Kids" at the local community college. Each week is a different offering of fun/educational classes with other kids her age. The last 2 weeks of July she will be in drama camp concluding with a performance of Willy Wonka.

Me? I'm just working my a$$ off as per usual.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 10:46AM

I've been on about 10 hikes so far and will continue to do that for the next few months until it gets too cold. In a month or so I'll also be spending maybe a month and a half riding around the NE states on my motorcycle. Somehow I need to fit in finishing some of my publications in there.

Summer is always a blast. :)

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 10:46AM

Working full time as usual, commuting to SF (Bart strike sucks), gardening, swimming, hanging with my husband, visiting the kids. Husband is designing a new backyard that includes updating pool and installing a hot tub. That 10% extra the past few years has added nicely to our back yard project savings.

Posted by: Lydia ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 10:47AM

Can't wait to break up now - 3 weeks to go. Children are ready for it and it always gets a little tense in school this time of year.
Then I will relax, read, go on trips, spend time with friends and catch up on jobs until Terms starts again. I really hope we get some sunny days!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.