Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rusty123 ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 10:39PM

I think the whole worship thing is flawed, I mean really this God that use to be a man like us is now requiring us to worship him. To bow to him, pray to him, serve him, devote 10% of our income to him. In the role of things is he really any different than our earthly father (provider) yet you would be damned to hell if you worshiped your earthly father. Just seems weird that this perfect being needs this power trip of us worshiping him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:22PM

Any parent that teaches their children that love means kneeling down and worshipping them is probably going to raise f***ed up offspring...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6w2M50_Xdk

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:48PM

Who created heavenly father? Wouldn't he have a "creator"? If so, why don't we worship him? If he didn't have a creator and evolved naturally, does that make evolution ultimately true?

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:54PM

I used to sometimes wonder what Heavenly Father was like when he was a man. I guess I envisioned someone who looked like cartoon Lehi from the Book of Mormon illustrations, a man in his early seventies with the physique of a professional wrestler, who sagely guided over an agrarian village, on another planet?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.