Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 07:32PM

There will be notices going out to the general membership that these so-called "tours" will be taking place.

They must keep the building extra extra clean.

They therefore MUST come to their assigned cleaning day.

The mishies will also come on this Saturday to ensure that the "volunteers" show up and do their jobs.

The members will either skip the day or do a really sub-par job.

The mishies will then be called upon to do "community service" and clean the church.

This will happen more often as time goes on.

The Saturday "church clean" will quietly become part of the mishies scheduled responsibilities.

Based upon my mishie experience in Japan 89/91, the members could barely be counted on to show up at church much less the day before and clean the joint.

I can totally see cleaning the church as part of the missionary job at least in some countries.

Edit to add:

It just dawned on me why the open houses. These moronic people running the lds "church" think that "well, gee, we get a lot of referrals from the visitor centers. Why don't we turn every building we own into a visitor center. We'll drum up some basic (sh!t box) displays and videos, put them in each building in a way that showcases us, and we'll get all sorts of referrals"

what a stupid idea.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 07:49PM by Levi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 07:35PM

My guess is that they dont need to worry because few if any will show up.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 08:04PM

This will go the way of the perpetual education fund, because it's of no interest to ANYONE. The question is what are they going to do with all those 18 year olds? The obvious answer is to have them do something useful that might actually help someone, but that would take planning and money. They aren't going to do either one! Just more ham fisted, lame, low effort nonsense!

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 08:08PM

I think that the every member a janitor initiative failed, and now they had the brilliant idea to use their massive unpaid labor force, the missionaries, to clean the warehouses.

The way they made it seem palatable to the membership is to open up the warehouses to "tours."

Posted by: sparrow ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 08:28PM

Oh I Can see it now! "bro & sisters you always clean your home when company comes... Now we dont want to make a bad impression on our new Sheep..a investigaters. We must show them how neat and clean we are....." Guilt guilt, pride,pride,guilt guilt. Gawd help em if they get one of those garment police types,to supervise!

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 08:37PM

The daughter of a friend is a protestant. Every summer their youth group goes to Mexico and builds a house for a poor family. They actually do some good. What a concept.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 08:46PM

My friend's husband (Methodist) does that in South America.

Damned Protestants are such heathens!

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:14PM

Jesus would prefer they go swimming for dead people. It says so in the bible.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 09:38PM

As soon as they started this program the line for tours started outside of our local building...oh wait, no. No it didn't.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:18PM

Are these missionaries going to have keys to the building? Who is going to be in charge of that? And what could POSSIBLY go wrong with that idiotic idea?

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:19PM

Here is my prediction. It isn't very cheery. Within two years a missionary will get raped and/or killed inside a chapel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 11:24PM by slskipper.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:55PM

I don't like that prediction. I don't like it at all. I predict that in two years, nothing will happen. There will be nothing to show for their efforts, but everyone will be safe.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.