Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nowisthetime ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 04:13PM

I have not been active for twenty years- almost exactly-so to celebrate I am officially going to resign should have done it a long time ago. I have read all the how to letters and directions but I have some questions/problems I have no idea what my member# is I have also been married for over a decade and they don't know my married name-do I have to tell them-I'd rather them not know-also my address I would like to keep private as well-is it even possible to resign and keep some of this info private-I feel like I'm caught in a catch-22-they have tried contacting my brother to find out my current info-he did not give it out. I want to be done with this once and for all

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 04:18PM

...yes. Good time to formally resign. If you don't do it now, you will still be in the data base for use (exploitation) later..........

Posted by: Thetimeisnow ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 04:20PM

Yes!!! I agree but how without a member id?

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 04:23PM

...you don't need that crap. Just send in a letter to SLC Member Records with your name, birthday, and where (which Ward/Branch) you attend. They already have all your data.....don't worry, they KNOW who you are.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 04:23PM

You don't need your member ID to resign. I didn't have mine.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 04:24PM

Your name and birthdate is sufficient. If your records are in your local ward that facilitates it even more if you give them your address.

Date: June 25, 2013 04:26PM

Phew! Okay! Can I just give them my maiden name? I am so excited- this is finally going to happen

Date: June 25, 2013 04:27PM

Give them the name that they would have on record, birthdate, and last attended ward.

Date: June 25, 2013 04:30PM

Okay great-thanks! I just want to reiterate-I am so excited!!!

Date: June 25, 2013 04:32PM

It's very exciting to finally do it isn't it? It's been about a year since I've been officially out :)

Congrats on your decision.

Date: June 25, 2013 04:29PM

I don't live near my ward-it has been twenty years since I've been active(I was 18)-ill just give them my old ward I guess

Posted by: runningyogi ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 04:36PM

Way over due to do the same. Have seen no reason to resign in the past because I simply do not give Mormondum any authority over me and I have not been bothered,to many moves I suppose? It will be interesting to see if I am found with the new game plan in place. If and when, I will support the drop out numbers from their renewed effort.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.