Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 03:37AM

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/english/wwlt/hasten/PD50020824-member-progress-form-eng.pdf?lang=eng

There's even a handy little bar code down there to help the NSA, er, I mean the LDS keep track of you.

Resign now while there's still time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 03:40AM by lulu.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: abba ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 03:43AM

You can see the churches priorities

Tithing is the first check box

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 07:48AM

Yes, they are.

But note the small print - the member is supposed to get a copy themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 07:50AM by Stumbling.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 09:04AM

I'd missed that.

But I'm still worried about that bar code.

Entered into a massive algorithmicly searchable data base. The next thing you know, the Relief Society President will be following your Facebook page.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 09:11AM

If the RS President starts following my facebook, she will be in for a rude surprise. And if they ever make the mistake of following my twitter, they will lose the spirit pretty quick!

Date: June 25, 2013 09:13AM

Rest assured, the Church knows how often people go to the temple because recommends have scanable bar codes.

Here's a thought, send a written request to the Bishop for a copy of all documentation held on you at local level and also at Salt Lake City. You'll be surprised at the response.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:25AM

What would surprise me is if they agreed to provide all the information and sent it to me in a timely manner.

Is this what you suggest they do?

Posted by: lulu not logged in ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 02:57PM

They'll reply that the information is owned by the corporation and not by you and that you can kindly f-off.

Posted by: smith ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 08:20AM

I could care less about any of those items on the sheet. It is a cult fair and simple, and this piece of paper reinforces their desire to control...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 08:21AM by smith.

Date: June 25, 2013 08:54AM

I hope they get writers cramp and a paper cut on mine.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 09:18AM

Posted by: ishmael ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 09:24AM

Every time the word strengthening appears on a Mo-doc, I get the shivers. That form makes me sick.

Imagine filling out this form every Sunday for six months. Imagine just one time stopping to realize what you are doing.
Tracking a human being's footsteps to the ten percent club.
On paper.

One second of honest reflection or conscience would send a decent cult administrator right out the door.

Oh, wait. Dreaming again.

But it could happen.

Posted by: fiona64 ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 12:09PM

It makes me think of the Inquisition. Seriously.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 09:35AM

I think if you did get re-activated you'd go in Bishop interviews and you and him would discuss which boxes he can tick, and make goals to tick future boxes.

The fact that they'll discuss it in ward council is the most unsettling thing, but really we're all probably getting discussed in ward council anyway.

Date: June 25, 2013 09:44AM

True Story

"Hello Brother Stumbling, nice to see you."
"Hello Jim, how are you?" *Jim = Bishop
"Fine thanks, you've been missing Church lately."
"Well, I may have been absent from Church but I definitely haven't been missing it." *chuckles
"Oh, err, well, could I have a chat with you in my office?" *turns towards office
"No thanks, I'm good." *turns towards exit door
"Well, Brother Stumbling, I really need to have a chat with you to find out where you are up to."
"I know, you said. Thanks, but no thanks I'm good. See you." *Exits through exit door

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 09:44AM by Stumbling.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 09:49AM

The Nazis would be proud of their efficiency.

Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:32AM

Wait, wait wait ...

If you have been mormon your whole life, go inactive, and then decide to start coming back, you have to RE-TAKE the missionary lessons??? If you had the Melchizidek priesthood before, and just stopped going to church, you would lose it?

Date: June 25, 2013 11:49AM

I HOPE that I haven't lost my priesthood...otherwise all those drunk baptisms I performed at a pool party will be invalid! Think of the loss of blessings!

As far as the discussions go, Mormons seem to think that if you miss too much church you get amnesia and forget everything.

Posted by: judyblue ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:51AM

This isn't new. The form is copyright 2009 - they've had these for a while.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 02:17PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,931929,933612#msg-933612

I ran this by AnointedOne and this link is to his response. He says this has been going on for decades. On my mission which was full of leadership experiences and baptisms we did not use individual tracking documents and meet regularly with ward councils on progress of individuals, but it was not a traditional, white LDS ward.

What people need to know who have not worked for corporate America is that the data that can be collected, cross-checked, and refined is vast and amazing. I suspect that this is likely on or will be done on long existing software as a service (SaaS) programs. I share my hunch, because sometimes they prove right and I hope others will share their observations and insights. I am far removed from the operations of Mormons, but not my TBMs.

Even if you are removed from Mormonism, be advised that they may very well be tracking whatever information they can get about you in order to measure marketing and sales initiatives.

Social Media has become the dream of marketers and propagandists. The ability to target and refine markets and messaging is so detailed. They will run cost analysis on the ROI and then go after what works, and possibly adapt and adjust for the target markets that aren't working, but that they desperately want. Partial-member families or exMormon multi-generational Mormon markets are likely very valuable to them, if they could find a way to engage them and get them onto their side. I imagine Moridor and out-of-Moridor Mormons will also be key markets to analyze. We might see a push to get more Mormons back into the Moridor (Utah), in order to get the economics of being Mormon back in play for leaving Mormonism. If you look at 1900 SLC, Mormons did not do business with non-Mormons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 02:23PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:57AM

It's funny how TSCC assumes a returning member knows next to nothing about the church, so they have to start teaching him/her with the basics-- such as the missionary discussions and enrollment in gospel principles.

In reality, we probably know more about the church than the bishop, and this extra knowledge is the reason we left in the first place.

Posted by: mandy ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 12:35PM

I dont think they asume we forget...... its just policy to get those mind control tacticks going asap, because im sure studies show it helps them ensure more dollars. They do their homework.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 12:39PM

It's specifically for "new or returning members" - apparently with the goal of keeping them on track and getting them to pay tithing and get to the temple.

I doubt this is used for anyone else.

But, nobody likes the idea of being tracked for any reason.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 12:40PM

The form refers to new or returning members. I'm going to assume that they aren't going to fill out the form for those that haven't returned to activity.

I can't help but laugh that tithing is the first thing. Money, money, money.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 12:44PM

Sadly this is how Mormons judge an individual's worth. Nothing in there talks about whether someone is a good person. Just their level of attending meetings (and paying tithing of course).

Posted by: Lou Louis ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 01:48PM

It was always about stats...sacrament stats...testimony stats....Quorum stats...Relief society stats... HT stats... VT stats... stats... stats...stats...lots of paper but no results.

Posted by: likeaboss8821 ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 06:03PM

+1. almost every calling is held accountable for their little bubble of responsibility, and tracked by some form of stats. Why else is every Sunday in EQ about home teaching? Why are bishops given a budget based on sacrament meeting attendance?(not sure if this is always the case, but I know it is some of the time, and maybe all of the time). Stats stats stats.

I dont know of any verse in the bible or BoM where the church is supposed to act like a business and treats its members as employees... Do you? lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 06:06PM by likeaboss8821.

Posted by: jbug ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 02:22PM

This just MORE busywork useless time-consuming paperwork for the poor overworked ward clerks to do. My husband has been one of those poor guys before...they didn't need more to do.

I remember thinking, when I was a TBM, that this church sure loved their forms and busywork, and was there NOTHING they didn't keep track of???

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 03:03PM

They better damn well NOT keep one on me! I resigned for good reason. That said, I'm sure the boundary-less busybodies would love to remind me that I can't ever really leave. Grr!

Posted by: LEELA ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 03:11PM

WHATS IT SAY?? All I get is a security notice & a bunch of code stuff! Looks like they dont want this out!!!

Date: June 25, 2013 03:19PM

I REMEMBER ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO.After I made my 1st (failed) attempt at leaving. The RS. pres stopped by w/a form to fill out. Trying to be polite I took the form. Read it to my surprize it was quite personal! Employment, Health questions. And what really got my goat was they wanted all my perscription info. My Dr. name, The doese and frequency of all my emds!! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!! For opened minded people. this was just emergency meds like nitroglecerine or insilin for emergencies.everything + DRs name& #!!

Date: June 25, 2013 03:23PM

PS Sorry. Im upset! should have proff read.What I ment to say was. THEY DIDNT Want just emergency meds!! like nitro or insilin!

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 03:20PM

I think the bar code is just a way to reorder the form from a printing factory in China.
Mitt was able to give LDSINC some pointers on how to fire people in the US and buy labor dirt cheap in China.
The fired people can then be replaced with volunteers or missionaries.
This is the free market as Romney sees it.
Isn't it wonderful?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 03:52PM

"reviewed the principle of tithing and other worthiness matters..."

This right here shows their priorities. Why the law of tithing? Why not, "reviewed the principle of chastity and other worthiness matters..." since Mormons are so big on sex. For that matter, they could of mentioned the WoW, modesty, sustaining the leaders, but only tithing get's mentioned by name. All the other church rules are just "other worthiness matters." It reminds me of the lines, "and the rest," from the original Gilligan's Island theme song, referring to Mary Ann and the Professor, as if they were unimportant characters.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 04:22PM

I could teach Gospel Principles course! But I’d have to be enrolled in it within the first month?
Family group sheet? What business is it of theirs who my extended family is???? I’d have to sit through the missionary lessons????

They are only concerned about making sure the brain freeze is re-downloaded. And tithing! By name!

Must understand that to be in the TSCC YOU MUST PAY TITHING!

It is all about what you can and will do for the TSCC, not what it will do for you…encourage, help with job hunt, etc. See if you’re happy and feel you have real friends in the ward you can call upon for a lunch date, a movie, a casual get together….naw, can’t have the rank and file members become friends who can depend on each other…then they wouldn’t feel they needed the church. They might get ideas and start thinking….Yikes!

Posted by: anon for now ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 06:08PM

The paper form is obsolete. everything like is available through the computer system MLS or through the leadership portal on LDS.org.

The same information is reported monthly to the stake and some of it is included on the quarterly report. If you are worried about what information the "church" is holding about you, just realize that the federal government has more. Any person with your name and birthdate can find a significant amount of information in public records.

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 06:09PM

They already have shown up at our door 3 times unannounced! One time 2nd counselor brought with him his teenage daughter he didn't like that I mentioned Zina Young and polyandry and his daughter said "is this true?". There is another inactive member on our street DH was his home teacher lol this guy hasn't been in church in several years and has made it clear that he is not coming back to church for anything.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.