Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 05:59PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 06:05PM

Dang! They are getting it. They are really getting it. Wow.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 06:10PM

Wow.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 06:13PM

I am beginning to hear the implosion of LDS Inc.

I have to wonder how these young moms are going to feel if they are denied financial assistance from LDS Inc.

Get the popcorn.

Posted by: anon for this comment ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 06:14PM

Beginning to sound like RFM over there.
When the mothers in zion start to go on strike the church has a huge problem. Those mothers are raising the next round of tithe payers.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 08:50PM

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 09:13PM

That was unexpected! HQ has to be in panic mode. The morg needs a young-apostles committee to plot sweeping changes after the imminent deaths of Monson, Packer, and Perry. They are going to have to throw the legacies of the old guys under the bus to justify sweeping fundamental changes if they wish to survive. Young moms are the backbone of the church....without them, the morg truly is beyond hope. Of course, leadership is too entrenched to really do the dramatic things required to survive.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 09:20PM

Oooooohhhhh....Morg is in trouble!!

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 09:27PM

An image I like to communicate about Mormons and Mormonism is that it is like shopping in a supermarket that sells all kinds of canned goods, diifferent prices, same sized cans though with the the same label, Mormon.

You don't know what you get inside until you buy it, and you can't exchange or use something else.

The point being is that they are consumed with image and labels. Getting the temple recommend seal of approval is definitely pursued and valued, but still doesn't mean anything for what is inside or the quality of what is inside the Mormon mystery can.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 09:36PM

The mormon church is the HMS Titanic. It hit an ice berg named "the internet" and now an ocean of truth is going to sink it to the bottom. Oh, they will still have their for profit arm to support them, but the "prophet" arm is going down with the ship.

We're the lucky ones who got away in life rafts.

Posted by: Bobihor ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 01:46AM

Great analogy! And the band was playing "The Happy Day at Last Has Come." :)

Posted by: Charlotte Darwin ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 09:27PM

After I wasn't Mormon anymore, I wondered why I ever thought it was cool to believe I needed to buy my way into Heaven. Seriously? Of course I felt foolish. It's nice to see insiders waking up to the realization, too.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 09:37PM

That could be coming into play here.

Posted by: perceptual ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 12:01AM

I've been thinking recently about how much tithing goes to helping people and how much of it goes to building malls or right back to the church. My guess is a small minority of it goes to actually helping people.

Posted by: perceptual ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 12:06AM

Asking for months of back-tithing to keep your temple recommend doesn't sound like a generous contribution anymore; it's sounds like pay-to-play. It makes more sense to know that you're paying tithing to get the temple recommend, not that you've paid every cent. Ridiculous.

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 12:19AM

The link results in my mental image - Molly Mormon Moms storming the COB with torches, pitchforks, and sythes. Can a person wield a sythe with one hand while carrying a baby under the other http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/30/article-2043576-0E1CBD5500000578-276_964x439.jpg

Posted by: freckles ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 01:28AM

I never thought I would see that on babycenter!

Posted by: anon for this comment ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 01:37AM

Can you imagine being so broke because of hospital bills to save your baby. Only to be told no recommend for you until you pay us!
Now that's cold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 01:37AM by anon for this comment.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 01:56AM

Hopefully, the light bulb goes on and they realize how wrong the church is.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 01:52AM

OK, so how long until LDS Inc, which has its stooge monitor this site, finds out about this and sends MORmON stooges to that site to start defending MORmONISM and complaining that "hate speech" is going on toward LDS Inc.

We can be sure that LDS INC never spent any tithing money on their City Creek Center Mall because Gordon BS Hinckley said so, and its not like Gordon would lie er something.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhAIjF0wQI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 05:17PM by lucky.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 03:15PM

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 03:46PM

...look. If the church just did what MOST churches do, and that is, "JUST PASS THE DAMNED PLATE", they would be a million times better off, PR speaking...

A) you would feel better about giving.
B) there would be no "inquisition" or obligation as to "how much".
C) it would be more in line with "traditional Christian churches.

...ridiculous they are still "insisting" that this be a requirement for acceptance....and yes, the "take" would be less, but's that's the price you pay for being a greedy Corporation (sole).

Posted by: mpp ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 04:08PM

I have been a member of the LDS families forum for years. The women who are responding to this are either ex mormons or non mormons. I recognize their names from prior posts. The TBM's chose to basically ignore this thread so it by no means reflects what is going on. (btw I am an exmember who resigned)

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 05:07PM

...yes, but THEY are still reading the posts.........BAD for the agenda.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 05:18PM

I still feel that BbC is going through an evolution. It used to be much more TBM, but has been liberalizing over the past few years. Perhaps it's that more exmos, jackmos, and cafeteria Mormons are coming on board. But it's no longer the safe haven for TBMs that it once was.

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 04:21PM

mpp thanks for the info. Hmmm sounds to me the mall didn't bring many new converts to Christ.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.