Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sstone ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 05:37PM

I made the mistake of reading the comments in a post about modesty. http://toeveryonethatbelieveth.blogspot.com/2013/06/whosoever-looketh-on-woman.html?m=1

This comment in particular made my blood boil:

"My hairdresser is tattooed from head to toe. She has chosen to present herself and her body to the world this way. I like her as a hairdresser and a person, but I perceive the way she treats her body with private sadness and disappointment on her behalf. I think she has made her "like it or go away" statement very clearly. And people will .. .they will "like it" or they will go away."

What a self-righteous &*%!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jl1718 ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 05:39PM

Whoever wrote this needs a slap up side the head. Knock some sense into them. No one gives a damn about their opinion. They can keep it to themselves.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 05:39PM

Why haven't they gone away then? Sheesh! Private sadness and disappointment on her behalf my a$$!

Posted by: earlyrm ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 09:14AM

She's not liking it, but she's not going away. what a dog of the female persuasion.

Posted by: freebird ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 10:30PM

Tattoos are beyond trendy now. They're mainstream. Everyone and their mother has a tattoo. In the past 10 years I cannot believe how much tattooing has grown.

It used to be a rebellious, wild thing to do. Not anymore. In fact I consider it more rebellious to not have tattoos. That's how popular it's become.So anyone that still thinks tattoos are "bad" is simply laughable to me.

The worst comment I saw was the guy that said he didn't want to see women strutting in bikinis and what about his right to not have to see that?

He was told to not go to the pool, ocean, lake etc...! Lol!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2013 10:36PM by charpop705.

Posted by: agentpi ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 05:49AM

Also amusing was the chick a few comments above him who advised people to have swimsuits that aren't form fitting.

As if the whole point of swimsuits wasn't to be form fitting. You know, to reduce drag under water and stuff.

Stupid.

Posted by: sstone ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 08:51AM

Back in the time of George Washington, women swam in dresses that were weighted down by metal in the hem. Maybe some of these Pharisaical TBM types would prefer to go back in time.

Posted by: earlyrm ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 09:16AM

Imagine swimming in night gowns.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 08:57AM

I can't say I'm all that different from the blogger. When I think of my family, the way they chase their tails in the Morg, I feel a private sadness and disappointment on their behalf. They have made their "like it or go away" statement very clearly. And people will... they will "like it or they will go away."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.