Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 03:08PM

It is getting pretty evident that the Morg is using this huge army of young missionaries to try and reactivate former tithe payers.

Look, we all know that this is all about money. Inactives seldom pay tithing. Resigned members never pay.

If you want to get rid of the Morgbots altogether, make them think that you are financially destitute. Unemployed people cannot pay tithing on income they do not have.

On top of that, if they think you are unemployed and have no income, they will avoid you with a passion, because (heaven forbid!) you might come to the Bishop and ask for some financial help yourself!

This method really works, if you are in a position to pull it off.

The local Morgbots THINK that neither me nor my husband have been able to find a new job since he was laid off in 2008.

It's not true. In fact, our combined income is now higher than before his 2008 layoff.

But anytime we ran into Morgbots or Mishies, we always complained about how my hubbie couldn't find a new job with his health problems, yada yada yada...

So they long ago quit pestering us.

And we have gone on to live a prosperous and happy life without paying dues into the LDS MLM....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 04:04PM

I think the best way to scare off members is to offer them an "anti-Mormon" book. It's to Mormons what a cross is to vampires, or Kryptonite is to Superman.

I would say, I'll come to church this month, if you promise you will read this book and help me resolve my concerns with the information it presents. Then hand them Mormonism-Shadow or Reality, Mormon Origins, or No Man Knows My History. If they refuse then, tell them that proves to them that the church is not true, that you will probably resign then, and bid them farewell. If they do read it, then you've probably created yourself an ex-Mormon friend.

Posted by: homoerectus ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 04:11PM

Or we could corrupt them instead by assisting them into inactivity. "Hey, you want to go skiing/golfing with me on Sunday?"

Posted by: Deb ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 08:48PM

They do not seem particularly interested in converting folks without money. But sometimes they'll take whatever they can get.

With reactivating, it's more of a plan to try to win folks over and prove "See, we were right all along!!!"

I have a TBM sibling who has tried any and every tactic imaginable and not a single one has worked - because it ain't true!!! lol

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 09:00PM

Okay, so my prediction is, "Epic Fail" as far as a reactivation campaign. But, in the meantime, I might have to borrow Cheryl's hose to fend off the efforts to reactivate DW.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 09:37PM

There has always been a push to try and re-activate. This will likely be nothing more than trying to push members and local leaders to double their efforts using slightly different wording.

Members might go along with it, riding the initial "words from the prophet" momentum, but eventually they are going to forget about it like they have with just about every other program the church has launched.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 10:31PM

The mishies don't know where I live...and old HP geezer who's been trying to get me back in the cult had a car accident a couple weeks ago so he's not been on the phone...plus I think he might have been told I'm out of the church...so I'm not too worried...SHOULD I get paid a visit by some naive young gospel salesman the first thing I'll do is offer them a beer and a coffee and then ask if they'd like to listen to Stairway to Heaven and Sympathy for The Devil with me....

Ron Burr

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 10:59PM

I refuse to deprecate myself to the Mormons. I refuse to lie. I refuse to let the Mormons influence my words or behavior in any way! It is a matter of principle. We should brag loudly in their faces about our many accomplishments and successes, since we have left their cult. I will not support their belief that apostates are doomed to failure!

Actually resigning, with an official letter, cut out about 70% of the Mormon harassment. It is down to a tolerable level, now.

The children and I have found several honest, straightforward techniques that have stopped the Mormons dead in their tracks:

1. "I am no a Mormon. I officially resigned 6 years ago."

2. "I am a Lutheran. Let's talk about Lutheranism." (or whatever church you attend, or Atheist, if you are).

3. "I'm glad you dropped by. We've been collecting donations for _________'s political campaign. He's running for County Representative. Let me tell you about him....bla-bla-bla. I can talk about _________ for hours, but I'm in the middle of cooking right now. (Shutting door while still talking)

4. "Oh. It's you again." Last time you were here, you didn't donate to my save-a-wild-goose fund, so this time I expect you to pay double. $10.00 will rehabilitate three Canada Geese....bla-bla-bla, I get carried away talking about birds. Gotta (Shut door) go now."

Not listening
and talking over them
and repeating yourself
and telling them what to do
and acting like only YOUR life is more important
and YOUR agenda is the only one that exists,
and asking for money
and acting obsessively busy
chases them away for good.

Of course, the Mormons don't understand that this is exactly what they do to us.

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 11:18PM

Anything to do with member missionary work or member reactivation is taken as a joke by TBMs they have heard it before and it never is taken seriously. In fact they have heard everything before and take very little seriously but doing their callings for social purposes and paying some tithing so they will not burn. Sure the Mish will come around with a 'new program' where members pray and identify friends to work with ----- been there done that. Very few if any take it seriously. However, if it is a New program ----- it impresses the TBMs ---- proves to them they have true prophets.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 11:40PM

"What part of 'fuck off and die' is not clear to you?"

It's short and to the point, and they won't check back every year to see if you have a job yet. If you don't have the courage to tell them the truth, they assume your untestimony is weak.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 03:54AM

Your costly religion is all about repetitive, inane meetings. You couldn't make me attend even if _you_ paid _me_.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.