Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: burnned ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 11:01AM

My privacy was violated, a LOT! And because I'm a married woman, it still is not okay. A church-member would get that. Just because I'm married Does Not mean I have relinquished all my Personal Rights to my Husband. No, it does not mean I have anything to hide, but I do have the right to not Share all of my personal thoughts, feelings, etc....
this happen to anyone else on this board?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sstone ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 01:54PM

Yes. I cannot even take a shower if my DH is around without him unlocking the bathroom door to spy. He may be my husband, but I still find it creepy.

Date: June 22, 2013 03:00PM

wow, I'm the same way about the shower, I only want husband to see me when I feel like it. Otherwise, I like to lock the door or shower when he's gone. He was told this absurd notion that he has a "right" to see me naked and have sex when he wants to, but he's learning that is not the case. I've heard the complaining and everything, but if he really wants a happy time in bed with me , he has to be nice to me -- Romance would be good-- but that's a learned behavior that a lot of men in the church are culturally Not taught. They are unfortunately, not taught to treat women right and to respect them or care about how they feel, which should be the case especially if you're married to them and they are supposed to love you, etc...

Posted by: bbgoldy ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 03:54PM

My husband said that he was taught in YM that when he married in the temple after serving a mission that he would have all the sex he wanted anytime anyway. Our marriage sucked.

Posted by: Hikergrl ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 06:16PM

Wow! That's what I call rape.

Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 10:16PM

The shower thing is seems like an issue of poor communication on both ends. Many men find a woman showering/bathing to be sexually exciting, and it seems to me that your husband is just looking at that as part of your sexual relationship. If you are uncomfortable with him watching while you shave your legs or whatever you do as a part of your normal hygiene routine perhaps you should discuss it with him and incorporate a sexy shower especially for your husband as a part of foreplay from time to time.
Now if he is barging in on you while you are taking a dump, it might be time to buy a dead bolt for the bathroom door ;)

Date: June 23, 2013 08:14AM

not a communication problmem, it's a cared very little about wifes feeling/ desires problem (which makes you feel like a tool. I thought personal privacy was a no-brainer, but I guess not. I have to keep in mind that what my "DH" thinks is not healthy for me sometimes, sometimes his opinion goes straight down the shitter. ... women can't go without sex longer than men....

Date: June 23, 2013 08:37AM

Just to be clear, he knows I don't like it, but that doesn't really make a difference. Hint: if a door is locked, that usually means the person behind it wants privacy.

What's twisted and mind boggling is that he knows I don't like it, so he does it more. His reasoning (which I am not making up) because, like it or not, he has actually told me this is: "I married you for sex and I work hard for this family, so you should be willing to do it anytime I want."

He has even told me that when I want privacy, it hurts his feelings and is offensive to him. What's sad is that for the first decade or so of our marriage when I was TBM, I bought into his point-of-view because I would have done anything, ANYTHING to make it work! Divorce was not an option. Period.

I'll just stop there.

Date: June 22, 2013 06:10PM

wow they actually teach that in YM!? What a load of bull! I'm so glad I ditched the church and Refuse to take my boys there, my sons will learn better. How to be nice to women, it's not that difficult....

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 06:14PM

He thought it was a perfectly normal thing for men to do, and that women wanted it.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 06:19PM

I don't get it. Men think they can barge into the bathroom like that? I never acted that way.. maybe an older gen thing. DW's privacy is respected. Unless it's sexy time, there's no barging like that at all! We both know better than that.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 07:35PM

The success of a long marriage, in my experience is to keep a few things private and not share everything. Keep a little mystery alive!

Above all: Keep your privacy, your personal rights, your personal space, you self respect. Set the standard for your spouse on appropriate behavior and propriety.

Date: June 22, 2013 07:56PM

170 reasons you are dating (or have married) a loser:

http://www.psychopathfree.com/showthread.php?1683-170-reasons-you-are-dating-a-looser&highlight=setting+boundaries

Truthfully, I don't like the word "loser," even in a context where we're talking about odd and stalkerish behavior, but it's still a good list.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.