Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 19, 2013 10:04PM

Mine was not among them.

I did, however, receive a house full of smoke.

I imagine that more than a few of the destroyed homes were owned by mormons since there is a large mormon church in Monument, Colorado

Will the owners use the excuse that they were not worthy enough or that they couldn't find magic undies large enough to cover their houses ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: June 19, 2013 10:13PM

That does suck. I was stationed at Carson and had a friend that lived there. Beautiful country. The Springs has been hit hard in recent years.

Posted by: moira ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 12:48AM

I have thought about the board members who are from the Springs area and hope they are all okay. Fire season in Colorado sucks. We are in Southwest CO but our retirement property near Conifer could be threatened really soon. Stay safe, everyone! That is ultimately what counts.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 01:02AM

Close friends of mine in the Black Forest area lost the 80-acre ranch and home they've owned since 1973. All of it, gone. I have a hard time making fun of anyone who's going through hell right now because of the devastation from the fire to their homes and their lives. I've actually been trying to figure out how to comfort them and thought of a good idea tonight.

Right now the valley is filled with smoke due to other fires around the state. Nuts.

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 08:32AM

Dave, you live in BF? I am a CoS ex-pat. I have several friends in the area and in BF/Glen Eagle, Wolf Ranch, etc. Glad to hear your house has manage to escape the worst. I hope it goes well the rest of the summer.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 08:51AM

From aerial photographs of the burned area it looks like most of the destroyed homes did not have defensible space around them.

Here is information that people can use to protect their homes:

http://csfs.colostate.edu/pages/wf-protection.html

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 09:56AM

The good news is the Springs and surrounding towns really pull together when this shit happens.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 10:41PM

Agree. A friend who lost her home in the Waldo Canyon Fire last year is emotionally supporting my other friend who just lost her home in the Black Forest. Besides that, the efforts to support anyone affected by these fires is being amazingly managed.

We live in the southern end of Colorado Springs and can't see the mountains anymore, or Kansas to the east (never could do that really anyway). The fires are surrounding us: Lime Gulch and Bull Gulch fires are to the northwest and southwest of CoS. The light in the smoke clouds is eerie.

Hey, fellow CoS exmo friends, you guys OK?

Posted by: burnned ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 10:15AM

wouldn't happen to be my cousin Dave would ya? He is an an atheist (last I knew, and he lived in CO) We stopped talking 13 years ago (about) because I became a bull-headed arrogant Mormon-jerk at the time. I miss my cousin because he's one of the few people in my family peer-group who really seemed to understand me and not judge me. I haven't been able to find. If this is you, please know I'm nothing like my dad, and he does LIE, to save face (just like a mormon, etc... anyway pls. say somthing "Dave the Atheist".

Date: June 20, 2013 10:14PM

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 10:30PM

dave the atheist, so glad your home did not burn down. I live in the springs by the Broadmoor. My mom's TBM friend's house burnt down. Their names are Ronco, they had 5 kids. I feel real bad for them

Posted by: colorado ( )
Date: June 21, 2013 12:54AM

We Had to evacuate from Flying Horse for some reason. The fire really never posed a threat here, but the Black Forest crowd got sadly shellacked. Hope you all are well.

Marc

Date: June 21, 2013 10:08PM

Posted by: colorado ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 02:37PM

Yes

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.