Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: June 14, 2013 11:23AM

Back in the late 50's and 60's I was taught along with all the other ward members, that temples would be running 24 hours a day, just before the second coming. Also there will not be room in the temple for everyone to do temple work who wants to go to the temple.

Everyone got excited about a new temple when it was announced because it seemed that the second coming was getting closer.

Well come 2013. If you look at a website on the net about temple construction you will see about 10 temples announced about 2 to 3 years ago and not started. Plans for Fort Collins temples have been completed about a year ago and still no construction. Last conference 2 new temples announced but they still have not got started on construction on ones announced 3 years ago.

Lets look at this logically.

1. There is no real rush to do temple work.

2. The Church is short funds.

3. Temples are not working to capacity. So much for the prophecies of working 24 hours and people can not get in.

4. The temple department in the COB is really in poor management.

BINGO: IT'S ALL ABOUT IMAGE NOW!!!!!! Those departed spirits are not in a hurry anymore to get their work done like we were taught in the 50's and 60's. Back then we were told imagine married couples having to spend time apart in the spirit world because their work was not down. Imagine families not living together because you just get to the temple to have families sealed. Oh it was a guilt trip back then. Believe me. Every other month temple work and genealogy. Speakers at Church talking about work for the dead, and speakers looking dead!!!!!. We just could not do temple work fast enough. Come 2013 and it's like we were sold a plate of poop back then.

I want my money back for teaching me incorrect facts and doctrine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: June 14, 2013 11:31AM

I also find it interesting that the church stopped building the McTemples with the death of McHinckley. Look at the signs:

1. Only big, intrusive and "impressive" temples are being built.

2. Sending children on crusade now at 18 and 19.

3. Building big money-making operations.

4. Avoiding the Internet.

5. Saving money by no longer hiring janitors and other full time caretakers for chapels and temples.

It appears we are getting further away from the Second Coming, not nearer to it, if you know what I mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2013 11:38AM by Mr. Neutron.

Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: June 14, 2013 12:23PM

The whole "do work for the dead" thing always points out to me just how much of a dick or complete moron mormon god is. Dead people fall into only three categories:

1 - never heard the gospel

2 - heard the gospel but didn't beilive it or live it

3 - heard the gospel and did believe/live it

So by definition, people in category one can't be held responsible for not having their work done, putting them in "prison" or seperating them from their loved ones because someone else hasn't done their work is unjust punishment, making god either a monster or no god at all. People in category two are screwed and can't progress because they already turned their back on the truth so doing work for them is pointless, if god has people doing their work even though its meaningless he is a moron. Category 3 will almost certainly have had their work done in life, so redoing their work is also the work of an idiot.

So, why exactly does the church need a billion dollars in temples and why do members need to go monthly?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.