Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 03:38PM

I came out to my family back in 2000 as gay. While everyone was supportive to my face, things changed immediately. Suddenly I wasn't invited to birthdays or asked my opinion about what to do at Thanksgiving and Christmas (presents for everyone or draw names?) stuff like that. Over time, the relationships I had with my older sibs has dried up and blown away.

So I recently found the state website with court records for all counties. Lo and behold, three of my nephews have had fairly significant run-ins with the law - DUIs, robbery, reckless driving, and possession of drugs. Looks like all 3 have spent time in jail. Oh and my older brother is in prison for the rest of his life for medicare fraud and prescribing narcotics to drug dealers and failing to monitor. Talk about screwing up a good life.

The worst thing I've ever done is a couple of speeding tickets.

Seems kinda ironic that those who have judged me badly turn out to have f'ked up and raised some problem children of their own - doing much worse than I ever did.

Maybe I should drop them a postcard sending them my sympathies for the way their kids turned out...maybe attach that wonderful quote about "failure in the home". Karma! What goes round comes round.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kriss ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 03:54PM

I am so sorry. I understand you completely.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.