Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: topsacred ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:46AM

This "church" is a cult. Hands down, no questions. My marriage has been suffering since I have found out things and know it's full a curelom sh#$. My wife and I have started to go to counseling. A counselor she picked. I want it to work and so does she. She told him that I'm trying to find negative things about the church and questioned my sources. He told her it is normal when one feels they have been misled and lied to-to do this. :)

Fast forward today, she told me her friend's son, who is 15 has started questioning the church and that her friend has good answers to his questions. Like SWK giving blacks the priesthood-because God felt it was time because of all the race problems. Nevermind that the civil rights movement was already over by this time. I told her the reason the church was against blacks was that BY was a complete racist. She then started questioning my "anti" sources. I told her about Mormon think, even the apostle's talks, etc. No good. I'm the problem. Dont ever blame the church. The programming is so good in the church that members can't see the ELEPHANT that is standing in the room. I hate this cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:50AM

Will she accept church sources? Ensign talks, journal of discourses, etc? There is so much there.
Head in had. Racist BY bs. BY said every word that came out of his mouth was prophecy straight from god.

Posted by: bob...not registered ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:53AM

Honey, please answer this thoughtfully.

If studying the truth led you out of the church, would you study the truth?

If her answer is "no" then you can say she is more interested in religion than in an honest life.

If her answer is "yes" then thank her.

Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:09PM

In regards to blacks getting the phood, The "CULT" leaders used a form of inspiration from their mythical god called reverse inspiration to validate their decision to change their racist policy.

The way reverse inspiration works is the prophet, GA, SP and often bishops use RI is they make their decision and give their mythical god a certain amount of time to inform them his answer is no. If the mythical Mormon god does not answer within their time frame (he never does) then it means god approves of their decisions. Bishops use this often to fill their needs for free labor.

TBM's do not want to believe their believed leaders use RI but they do. The Mormon Mythical God DID NOT SPEAK to SWK and say "LET MY NEGROES HAVE THE PRIESTHOOD". The mmgod was silent as he/she has always been.

I would suggest you & your wife use Mormon friendly websites to study things. There is a lot of truth on these web sites. The truth shall set you free.

Good luck.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.