Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: suzanne ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:20AM

I was reading the thread about facebook and it got me thinking about why I am so careful not to offend any of my TBM family or friends... because I really am. I never post anything on facebook that is about the church and when my former students get their mission calls I am as positive about it as anyone. My family knows I am out of the church, but very few of my TBM friends know. I tell myself it is because I don't want to make them sad, but really... isn't it because I know that it will probably end the friendship? Because I know that the people that never really cared for me that much to begin with will now be justified? Shouldn't I be allowed to share my beliefs or doubts with the people that share theirs? But we all know I'm not. Not when it comes to an exmormon and an Mormon. I like to keep the peace. I don't like to start things. But I am also getting tired of biting my tongue around people that have no qualms about not biting theirs. Why should I have to be silent because I found the truth?

I feel like a simmering pot that is getting ready to boil.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gracewarrior ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:29AM

Suzanne- for a long while I was the same way. I never would post anything on FB about TSCC. Finally, I got fed up and posted what I felt about the church... no response from TBMs in my family. I think they got intimidated.

Don't let TSCC still have power over you. They want you to sit down and shut up... it is their last attempt at power over you. Best thing to do is the F--- it approach. Just post something on FB about your true beliefs even though you will cringe when you do it. You will feel weird at first.. but then you will feel good that you jumped that hurdle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2013 11:30AM by gracewarrior.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.